UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Skinning Knives to return you cut leather

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror
Re: Skinning Knives to return you cut leather

Hyphy Train;566874 said:
Couple corrections:
1. You must be 2 tiles away from the corpse, not 4.
2. As long as your backpack has 273 stones or less the leather will go to your backback. If it has 274 or more, the leather will go into the corpse, not onto the ground - this is a fixed limit regardless of the number of hides involved
3. As long as you have a skinning knife equipped it will convert to leather even if you carve with another bladed item in your pack.

Tested today on OSI Baja Shard 03AUG09

Not sure if this is correct but what I do know is that if you are the max amount of steps away from where you can skin it and get the hides into your back pack you need to take 1 step closer to loot it.I took 1 step in from the furthest spot that I could skin the corpse from to loot the ribs in the corpse and 3 more to get on top of the corpse. ( make sense?)

2. As long as your backpack has 273 stones or less the leather will go to your backback. If it has 274 or more, the leather will go into the corpse, not onto the ground - this is a fixed limit regardless of the number of hides involved
The character I used to test this is human.I started at 274 stones and went to 315 stones before the hides remained on the corpse

3. As long as you have a skinning knife equipped it will convert to leather even if you carve with another bladed item in your pack.
This is correct

I.P.Knightly;597050 said:
Tested today on OSI Baja Shard 03AUG09

Not sure if this is correct but what I do know is that if you are the max amount of steps away from where you can skin it and get the hides into your back pack you need to take 1 step closer to loot it.I took 1 step in from the furthest spot that I could skin the corpse from to loot the ribs in the corpse and 3 more to get on top of the corpse. ( make sense?)

Tested on OSI Atlantic today. Oct 7th 2009.

I have seen there is a 2-tile distance (on corpse + 2 tiles away) both for skinning "normally" and with skinning knife. I have tried all of combinations and I can say the maximum range is 2 tiles (in sense, you take 3 steps to go on the corpse)

I confirm the only thing that matters is to have the skinning knife on your hand, it's not necessary it's the doubleclicked item.
I have still not checked the elven butcher war cleaver, I'll do ASAP.

I haven't checked the STR limitation because my char has too little strength, but I think we can trust in I.P.Knightly findings.

Plus, there is a difference in the animation: when you skin a corpse, you do a movement and the corpse inventory disappears. I'm attaching a video to show you. Just delete the fake .doc extension.

Attachments

• skinning1.avi.doc
    672 KB · Views: 5

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;633970 said:
I confirm the only thing that matters is to have the skinning knife on your hand, it's not necessary it's the doubleclicked item.
I have still not checked the elven butcher war cleaver, I'll do ASAP.

I haven't checked the STR limitation because my char has too little strength, but I think we can trust in I.P.Knightly findings.

The Butchers War Cleaver does not need to be equipped to work like the skinning knife.

I.P.Knightly;633983 said:
The Butchers War Cleaver does not need to be equipped to work like the skinning knife.

yep, but have you to doubleclick it, or you can doubleclick every carving weapon and will you have cut cloth in backpack as you have a butcher war cleaver in your inventory?

Side note: since the Butcher War Cleaver is a ML Craftable Artifact that is not implemented in RunUO (as Bovine Slayer is not), maybe we have to add it, at least in the constructable.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;633997 said:
yep, but have you to doubleclick it, or you can doubleclick every carving weapon and will you have cut cloth in backpack as you have a butcher war cleaver in your inventory?

Side note: since the Butcher War Cleaver is a ML Craftable Artifact that is not implemented in RunUO (as Bovine Slayer is not), maybe we have to add it, at least in the constructable.

I am guessing you mean leather hides not cloth.

Just having the item in your back pack will not yield you cut leather in your back pack.You must double click the Butcher War Cleaver and click the corpse to get cut hides in your back pack.

Having a dagger and a Butcher War Cleaver you still have to double click the Butcher War Cleaver and click the corpse to get cut hides in your back pack.If you double click the dagger and click the corpse the hides stay in the corpse and are not cut.You also do not need scissors for this to happen.

I.P.Knightly;634010 said:
I am guessing you mean leather hides not cloth.

LOL yes, I was meaning cut leather :)

I.P.Knightly;634010 said:
Just having the item in your back pack will not yield you cut leather in your back pack.You must double click the Butcher War Cleaver and click the corpse to get cut hides in your back pack.

Having a dagger and a Butcher War Cleaver you still have to double click the Butcher War Cleaver and click the corpse to get cut hides in your back pack.If you double click the dagger and click the corpse the hides stay in the corpse and are not cut.You also do not need scissors for this to happen.

Perfect, so, ways to have directly cut leather are:
1) doubleclicking the Butcher War Cleaver
2) having the skinning knife in hand

I don't promise anything due to my RL duties, but I'll retake this bugreport another time. Set as Development please :)

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;634065 said:
LOL yes, I was meaning cut leather :)

Perfect, so, ways to have directly cut cloth are:

You're killing me here
Leather not cloth
Leather!!!!!!!!

Re: [CODER NEEDED] Skinning Knives to return you cut leather

it's useless to run around it, I have too little time to dedicate to this enough to discover how to fix this.
I'm posting this patch that is incomplete: it compiles, but won't return you the desired effects.
It misses:

- the fact you have directly cut leather just by holding a skinning knife in your hand, even if you use a dagger in your backpack
- the weight check that decides if the cut leather should go in your backpack or to go on the corpse.

If someone can end this... otherwise it would be moved in RunUO bugtracker.

MalGanis

Sorceror
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Skinning Knives to return you cut leather

Sure i can do it.

*EDIT* heres the patch.

Attachments

• Carving.patch
    2.9 KB · Views: 10
Re: [TESTING] Skinning Knives to return you cut leather

Code:
Item holding = from.Weapon as Item;
LOL, the missing line :D

Since you are there, could you do also the animation to play and the inventory gump to disappear, as illustred on the video I linked here? http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showpost.php?p=633970&postcount=44
Thank you :)

edit: I don't see in your patch the 315 stones weight limit, where the cut leather remains on the corpse if you override it.

MalGanis

Sorceror

Cant make gump dissapear without removing corpse (if anyone else has any ideas yell:)

Why should there be 315 stones weight limit? Shouldnt leather go to corpse when its pack is full?

MalGanis;638346 said:
Cant make gump dissapear without removing corpse (if anyone else has any ideas yell:)
Is like the corpse get changed, or goes out of sight for a second... who knows OSI mysteries...
MalGanis;638346 said:
Why should there be 315 stones weight limit? Shouldnt leather go to corpse when its pack is full?

because looks like is the OSI stupidity:

I.P.Knightly;597050 said:
The character I used to test this is human.I started at 274 stones and went to 315 stones before the hides remained on the corpse

MalGanis

Sorceror

Can this be considered as osi bug coz it doesnt make any sense...

MalGanis;638705 said:
Can this be considered as osi bug coz it doesnt make any sense...

In UOGuide it is told maybe it is an OSI bug reconducible to old backpack limits prior to ML, but only psz/Mark/Ryan/Ravenal can say if this should be considered an OSI bug or not, hence if it should be included in RunUO.

psz

Administrator

[20:05] <&psz> http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115248&page=6
[20:07] <Xavier> NFI
[20:07] <Xavier> makes no more sense to me than it does to them
[20:08] <&psz> So "OSI Bug"?
[20:09] <Xavier> actually tho
[20:09] <Xavier> it kinda sounds like a throwback to the runic/ancient hammer fix
[20:09] <Xavier> when you "use" a tool, it automatically switches to the one you have equipped
[20:09] <Xavier> they did that cause we used ancient smithie hammers without burning their charges
[20:10] <Xavier> but to switch from a dagger used from your pack to a skinning knife in your hand
[20:10] <Xavier> well it either makes no sense or makes more sense than I am capable of grasping right now
[20:11] <Xavier> see
[20:11] <Xavier> what we used to do, was open the gump on a regular or runic hammer, then equip the ancient hammer to get the skill bonus
[20:11] <Xavier> and the one whos gump was opened was the one that took the burns
[20:12] <Xavier> but OSI changed it to automatically "use" the one you have equiped.
[20:12] <Xavier> sounds like it could be an uninteded consequence of THAT fix
[20:12] <&psz> So "OSI Bug"?
[20:12] *** [1]Naddict ..................
[20:13] <Xavier> if youre going to force an opinion from me
[20:13] <Xavier> haha
[20:13] <Xavier> yes
[20:13] <&psz> Ok :-P
OSI Bug :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.