UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

tamer templates

Brad111

Wanderer
tamer templates

Can anyone help me out with some good tamer templates? Im new to this shard and am used to playing just t2a so any help would be appreciated thanks.

xaxas

Wanderer
Re: tamer templates

The templates in stratics are old and ineffective.

There are six major ways to go with a tamer:
tamer-mage
tamer-necromancer
tamer-bard
tamer-paladin
tamer-warrior
tamer-weaver

All these templates include as much as you can get in those three skills: Animal taming, Animal Lore and Veterinary. I recommend 110 or higher in all three.

Now, the differences:

the mage - magery, eval, medit. It is the choice of many people, but I do not find it way too effective. Relies on pets and spells to get the job done, and has the advantage of not being absolutely defenseless incase his pets die. The fact that this template relies on spellcasting one would need a suit with fc/fcr and lrc, which means it will be rather difficult to build a luck suit. Overall rating 8/10

the necro - magery, necromancy, spirit speak. Pretty good in certain occasions and with awful performance in others, the necro-tamer is not as versatile as the other templates but in certain situations it can prove alot better. Like when you camp a skeletal dragon/AW spawn you can animate skeletal dragons to assist you, which really helps. Also at champ spawns wither/animates can be very useful at lower levels. Aside from that no real advantage over the other builds. No medit needed, as the lich form gives more than enough MR. Overall rating 7/10

the bard - magery, music, 1 bardic skill. These are in my opinion the best pvm tamers overall. One can build his char in three different ways: peace, disco or provo - the first being extremely useful for a start, when one needs pets and all, the second is really nice for taking on strong mobs or when hunting in group with other people and the third is most useful in champ spawns. Overall rating 10/10

the paladin - chivalry, meditation, one additional skill (I recommend spellweaving, but it can be different). I like to reffer to that template as the "megaheal tamer". One needs the following: 2x1/2 jewels, 1/2 book, FC1 shield. Those are cheap items but get you to 4/6 casting. When on max karma one can heal his pet with close wounds so fast that it almost takes no bandages to keep my pet alive against an AW paragon. The ultimate tanking template, but its damage output is rather low. It is more like a defensive choice. Overall rating 8/10

the warrior - weapon skill (usually archery), tactics, chiv. Can achieve very high DPS (damage per second), but might have problems with tanking the most powerful monsters. Exactly the opposite of the megaheal tamer, this template is strongly relying on offense and not defense. The bad thing is that while all the previously mentioned templates can roll with as low as 15 dex this one needs alot more, which makes the stat distribution rather thin. But it is a really powerful build in the right hands. Overall rating 9/10

the weaver - spellweaving, magery, medit. A somewhat new build, many people favor it because of the really nice spells that SW offers. I admit I have not tested it myself, but from what I've seen the best thing about SW are the summons, which a tamer cannot benefit from anyways. So a rather poor choice IMHO, this build gets 6/10

NOTE: Those ratings are simply MY OWN opinion about how good a tamer template is. I do not force anyone to agree with me, neither do I insist that I am absolutely 100% correct on all.

[Drakull]

Knight

Ok... here you have the templates some of my tamers use (he,he... right now I'm on 5 tamers... so well....)

1) Tamer/Peacer: This is probably my main taming char.
Skills: 120 Animal Taming
120 Veterinary
120 Animal Lore
120 Music
120 Peacemaking
110 Magery
0.1 Tailoring
0.1 Blacksmithing
It uses 710.2 skill points from a 720 cap... so I have almost 10 points with no use for (specially since it's a human, so it has a base of 20 points on all skills). Maybe one day I'll waste a 120 magery on it.

2) Necro/Tamer/Weaver
120 Animal Lore
120 Veterinary
115 Animal Taming
90.8 Magery
100 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak
100 Spellweaving
0.1 Tailoring
0.1 Blacksmithing
18 Evaluating Intelligence (residual from the equipment, not a difference, since it's a human)
12 Healing (same as eval int)
Total skill points used: 776.0 skill points from a cap of 720 (yep... jewelry and a magic book with + skill make this huge 56 bump :) while keeping 2/4 casting :) ).

3) Tamer/Bard
120 Animal Taming
120 Discordance
120 Music
115 Peacemaking
110 Animal Lore
110 Veterinary
0.1 Blacksmithing
0.1 Tailoring
54.8 magery (probably adding 5 points by adding a tome to the char)
Residual: 15 tactics.
Total skill points: 765 from 720 cap (again +skill jewelry and magic book).

4) Tamer/Weaver/Mage
120 Veterinary
115 Animal Lore
110 Animal Taming
100 Magery
100 Meditation
110 Spellweaving
64.8 Necromancy
0.1 Blacksmithing
0.1 Tailoring
(residual: 4 archery, 6 fencing)
Necromancy is basically to get into liche form to get more mana regen.
Again: 730 skill points used from 720, but the extra 10 are the residual ones from the jewelry.

Hope that it helps :)

[Drakull]

Knight

xaxas;381595 said:
the weaver - spellweaving, magery, medit. A somewhat new build, many people favor it because of the really nice spells that SW offers. I admit I have not tested it myself, but from what I've seen the best thing about SW are the summons, which a tamer cannot benefit from anyways. So a rather poor choice IMHO, this build gets 6/10

As a note: that's the error that most people has when thinking on spellweaving, thinking that the summons are their main benefit. Spellweaving is more than nature furies and sprites/imps. Benefits: Gift of life (rez yourself if you see it really clear that you might die....). Gift of renewal, it not just heals, but if used correctly it's a powerful tool (it can be used to remove poison from your char, by casting it on your char when it's poisoned, that most people don't know, and it works even with deadly poison), and the main tool: Word of Death.... when your pet can do the damage to "trigger" the huge damage of WOD, a hit of 100-250 hit points can make a huge difference: example: killing a blood elemental from 1 hit from your pet + 1 word of death.... People who just use spellweaving to continuously cast furies don't really know how to use spellweaving.
Not to forget the other spell that can be really useful: ethereal voyage... allows you to go back to get your dead pet without getting attacked before you can at least invis yourself... :)

mordredrs

Sorceror

A question about the bard/tamer template: i'll start with music + peacemaking, but changing peace for one of this = provo or disco, which one is best for PvM solo?
Thx

falum

Sorceror

Also u can have a Tamer/Archer
you have 100 taming
100 lore
100 vet
100 archery
100 chiv
100 tactics
100 anatomy

Lucifall

Knight

110 animal taming
100 animal lore
100 veterinary
100 meditation
100 eval. int.
100 chivalry
100 magery

Chivalry is there for remove curse, dispel evil (may save your life if you are crowded), cleanse by fire and noble sacrifice for when alot of people die. Apart from that, it's the same as other tamer mage templates.

Hawken

Wanderer

mordredrs;445836 said:
Nothing what i asked... :=// Anyone can answer about provo or disco in PvM solo?

It depends on what you intend to hunt. If you intend to solo mostly high end creatures that only spawn one at a time, disco is probably the better choice as it will make the creature easier and quicker to kill. However if you intend to hunt large mobs, such as champ spawns, provoke might be the better way to go because you will be able to keep the spawn that gets by your pets and targets you occupied.

mordredrs

Sorceror

I got a "knowhow" in playing tamer/wiz, don't know if i can be a good tamer/bard... I was thinking in:

animal lore
taming
vet
magery
medit
music
peace

Thx

nihilist

Wanderer

My skillset right now is :

110 Animal Lore
100 Animal Taming
100 Veterinary
120 Musicianship
120 Discordance
85 Magery
65 Meditation

Seems to work out well for me *shrug*.

I tried to go down to 100 Animal Lore just because I didn't think it would make much of a difference, but after doing that for like a half an hour and having my pet be disobedient I decided I would go back up some. I swear at 100 my hiryu was going extremely happy or lower after every couple of fights.

mordredrs

Sorceror

So, i didnt this char, made my oldie tamer/wiz template... I do not like casting weak energy bolts...

Gisela

Bug Hunter

100 65 60

Disco tamer smacking mob with mage weapon ftw!

Don't just stand there looking pretty with those SoPs :)