UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Taming Guide

outluke

Sorceror
Taming Guide

Animal taming is considered one of toughest skills to gm. But it's not so hard if u do it right.

If u start with 50 taming it's easier but u can always buy around 30 from any stablemaster. Now what to tame at what level of skill:

-30% to 35.1%- I reccomend hinds (can be found in large number in Delucia/Fel)
-35.1 to 53.1- walruses and white bears
-53.1 to 65.1- snow leopards
-65.1 to 85- white wolfes (all 3 listed above can be found at dagger isle also known as "large ice isle east of vesper"
-85 to 93.9- here the fun begins, u can try bulls in Delucia to about 90 but it's a longer way; faster way is to tame imps and dire wolfs -they will give u nice gains to 93.9 (imps and dire wolfes can be found in warious places I tamed them near Compassion/Ilsenhar); u can also try drakes but accesing them may be difficult cause they are acompannied by mature dragons in most of cases (U find them in Valor forest/Ilsenhar or Destard dungeon both Tram and Fel)
-93.9 to 95.1- swamp dragons (Humility/Ilsenhar- watch out dangerous place)
-95.1 to gm- unicorns if U are a lady, kirins if U are male (Unicorns in Spiriruality forest/Ilsenhar; kirins in Kirin Passage soulh of Humility/Ilsenhar).

What else U need to become a good tamer:
-GM animal lore- to control your best pets (dragons, white wyrms)
-Veterinary- to heal your pets when u train them, vet above 80 is needed to ressurect bonded pets
-Peacemaking and Musicanship- to peace agressive monsters u wish to tame
-good ammount of patience cause it ain't going to be easy :)

It took me 3 days, 14 hours a day to gm taming. Good luck to ya all.

Fori- GM Tamer

Mauler

Wanderer
Very informative Arkanis. I have done peace/tamers on 2 shards previous to this one, and no matter which shard you are on, in my opinion, taming is one of the most annoying skills to work on. Mainly due to the time involved. Thankfully gains on this shard are not as slow as i've seen elsewhere. Just need to get enough money now to buy a boat to go over to the island.... that or find someone that can gate me :p

Ice {RKn}

Wanderer
Very informative.

I've also found the large hellcats in the Delucia passage give pretty good gains from 90 to at least 93.1 (that's where I am at the moment).

Oh, and I think it's 93.9 for swamp dragons isn't it?

50 to 59.1: cows, goats, sheeps, hinds
59.1 to 71.1: great harts, horses, llamas, grizzly bears
71.1 to 95.1: bulls
95.1 to GM: Unicorns, Ki-Rins

Ive just used it to get my Grandmaster Tamer Title =)

Ice {RKn}

Wanderer
From my experience the one Arkanis posted will be faster.

I stopped getting anything like reliable gains from bulls at about 85 skill.

It was taking at least 5 or 6 bulls to get .1 gain from 80-85 taming.

I just hit 90.3 (doing this taming in real time no macroing) its taking ages.

But it will be a good feeling when I hit GM :)

I have been getting great gains off Ridge Backs and now Hell Cats in del.

pinion18

Wanderer
Where are some good bull spawns besides del in fel? i can only seem to find them there, and there are only a few of them.

pinion18

Wanderer
Where does one find ridgebacks, and do i need peacemaking to tame them? You'll have to pardon my ignorance of AOS, as I'm an old school 97-98 era of UO player, just got interested in AOS.

Ozzie said:
you dont need to peace them, no. They are near one of the shrines in ilsh.

Compassion is the shrine.

You do have to be a tad careful as Savages are close and seem to wander about LOL, also dire wolves, but once tamed they make a great killer of savages if you peace them ;)

qweazdak said:
just for a word of caution, ice isle is becoming a great place for pks to kill tamers. :eek:

Thanks for the heads up m8. I am in Ish mainly now, but thats dangerous as well, no unattended macroing there I tell ya LOL

I hit 93.5 LOL god its a long road, would have given up if I was back on OSI its so painful hehehe

pinion18

Wanderer
yeah, i got out of ice island after what seemed like ages of non stop taming. Got killed once by another tamer while i was checking irc during a lagspike. Wandering Wildner was the guys name, so watch out fellow tamers. I've found great harts around moonglow fel and trammel, and scattered around malas in the forests can carry you well into the 80's and early 90's, did bulls for a few pts in the mid 90s. i switched to unicorns at 96, although i believe 95.1 is a good starting place for them. They will GM you. In the case that you are male, as stated in other posts, KiRins will work well at this point. Anyhow, finally made GM tonight, woohoo.

Just a little hint:

The items out there are great for helping with Taming. Last night I had a 87 Skill, but by using a +8 Taming Braclet I was able to Tame a Dragon, a Mare, and get up to 90.6 by taming Ki-Rins.

I also have a +4 Braclet... so once I stop getting gains off of the Ki-Rins, I can take off the +8, put on the +4 and start getting gains again. When THAT stops, I just take them all off anfd get gains off of the Ki-Rins again :D

Also, I'm pretty sure that if you feed them when you skill is raised by the items, its COUNTS for Bonding time. Bonus!

Erik said:
Just a little hint:

The items out there are great for helping with Taming. Last night I had a 87 Skill, but by using a +8 Taming Braclet I was able to Tame a Dragon, a Mare, and get up to 90.6 by taming Ki-Rins.

I also have a +4 Braclet... so once I stop getting gains off of the Ki-Rins, I can take off the +8, put on the +4 and start getting gains again. When THAT stops, I just take them all off anfd get gains off of the Ki-Rins again :D

Also, I'm pretty sure that if you feed them when you skill is raised by the items, its COUNTS for Bonding time. Bonus!

And that is the way to do it people! Good post m8! Thanks for that ring Erik I am at 97.5 now :)