UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Taming Guide

talshar

Wanderer
Re: Taming Guide

Oaks;377912 said:
From what I can remember, if you really want to go for bulls, the area north along the mountains of Delucia has a fairly decent spawn of them.
I was in Delucia the other day and couldn't find any bulls. They could have been harvested for leather though. The only place I could find any amount of bulls was north of Moonglow. 5 or 6 spawn there but you are competing with other tamers, leather harvesters and people training low lvl fighting skills. Be sure to kill them after you tame them, the respawn is fairly quick.

I just GM'd taming so I wanted to thank everybody on this thread who offered advice. Thanks.

oh yeah, if you're at 80-85 and you still have young status, I'd go for taming hell hounds.
they give really good gains, once you hit 95.1 with hell hounds, just go for ki-rins or any other creature that's hard.

I love the guide; I've never made a serious tamer until now and I was having a hell of a time trying to figure our which animals to tame to get my taming up :)

One of the hardest things I can tame yet though is a giant beetle. Not because they are particularly difficult to tame, but because of how narrow of a time span you have to tame them; They are only beaten into subjugation at 8% health, and pretty much every attack I deal that hits does about 4% damage. I COULD knock them down to 4% hp, but they regenerate their hitpoints faster than I can tame them. I have to pray that I get a lucky hit that knocks them down just enough to give me time to tame them without seeing the message that the creature needs to be beaten into submission (about 13 seconds from the time you start until the animal is either tamed or you're notified of your failure).

Aeolus

Sorceror

TheCoolSideofthePillow;410174 said:
I love the guide; I've never made a serious tamer until now and I was having a hell of a time trying to figure our which animals to tame to get my taming up :)

One of the hardest things I can tame yet though is a giant beetle. Not because they are particularly difficult to tame, but because of how narrow of a time span you have to tame them; They are only beaten into subjugation at 8% health, and pretty much every attack I deal that hits does about 4% damage. I COULD knock them down to 4% hp, but they regenerate their hitpoints faster than I can tame them. I have to pray that I get a lucky hit that knocks them down just enough to give me time to tame them without seeing the message that the creature needs to be beaten into submission (about 13 seconds from the time you start until the animal is either tamed or you're notified of your failure).
I always take them down to 0% (with like 3 minblasts and 2 or 3 fireballs) and I can almost always tame them in one shot. With a little practice (and high enough taming) you'll be able to do it first time every time. It's just a matter of getting your rhythm down.

Aeolus;410893 said:
I always take them down to 0% (with like 3 minblasts and 2 or 3 fireballs) and I can almost always tame them in one shot. With a little practice (and high enough taming) you'll be able to do it first time every time. It's just a matter of getting your rhythm down.

What I do with my tamer, since he's a bard/archer is just peace the beetle (and everything around it) then shoot the beetle to about 4% then punch it a few times.

Getheborn

Wanderer

train on minoc desert up to ridgebacks ( snakes and scorpions ) then i little train on ridgebacks, then i grab +taming ring and train on ki-rins. All taming training took me about 12 hours ? Maybe little more

psycrow

Sorceror

i need help now. trained until 97 and just made a 670 of total skill. I can´t train on Ridgebacks because there´s ALWAYS someone there tamming all ones because they don´t have lag.

Someone can suggest me another good spot until 100?

Lucifall

Knight

psycrow;432896 said:
i need help now. trained until 97 and just made a 670 of total skill. I can´t train on Ridgebacks because there´s ALWAYS someone there tamming all ones because they don´t have lag.

Someone can suggest me another good spot until 100?

Try ki-rins, I belaive they take 95.1 skill to tame.

lordwolfx

Knight

my guide...

50 - Throw on +15 jew/ring and slap on some Savage kin Paint
tame Savage ridgebacks till 100 (111.5?)