UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Taming Guide

vAlAkIvI

Page
Re: Taming Guide

Aenema;296011 said:
I think ur just unlucky, been doing unicorns myself from 80.1 real.
i started at 80.1 with +7 ring and +8 bracelet, changed to rings and bracelets with lower +taming as I advanced in skill. taken me about 6 hours from 80.0 real to 96.2 real. And I dont exactly powertame heh.

On the topic. my way of taming, which has worked great so far.

50-53.1 = polar bears and walruses (1 hour)
53.1-59.1 Snow leopards (3 hours)
59.1-65.1 Grizzly Bears (2 hours) http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=atlas&id=1031
65.1-68.7 White wolves (3 hours)
68.7-71.1 Gamans (1.5 hour)
71.1-77.1 Bulls (4 hours)
Slap on a +6 taming ring
83.1(77.1)-91.1(85.1) Ridgebacks (6 hours)
Slap on +10 jewelry
95.1(85.1)-100.0 Kirins/Unicorns(5 hours at 96.2 real I think I'll need 4-6 more hours to GM)

Total Time = ~30-35 hours total taming time

As you progress, remove taming jewelry as you go to stay as close to 95.1 at all times. this lets you try to tame the same uni for longer periods thus getting more gains of each creature.

I've used this guide, started with 50 Animal Taming, locked ALL SKILLS so i dont even raise Animal Lore, raised pretty quicky i would say around 30 hours to 99.2 at the moment. Just try to stay at the minimun required for the animal of level required, its best to put on jewels for better gains, for example if u are at 75.1 its better to use a +8 jewel and start taming ridgebacks (83.1) that way you fail a lot and still gain from the same animal, then swap for a +7 when u reach 76.1, in my experience this is the fastest way to gain skill.

einz

Wanderer

I'm at 87.9 real, 95.9 with a +8 bracelet, I've been trying to tame kirin for 2 hours now with no skill gains, and no successful attempts.

Is there something I'm missing? :confused:

Olaf

Wanderer

Einz

Go to ice island and tame white wolves. Take that bracelet off

You can also do snow leopards as well

You'll gain on both fresh and pre-tames. I 115'd taming on ice island using faction thing as well.

spong

Wanderer

I seem to be totally stuck on 73.5 Taming, it doesn't seem to matter what I tame I have tried Bulls, Gamans, Grizzlies, Great Harts, White Wolves; anything thats at the high-end of what I can tame at that level really.

spong

Wanderer

Ok, my taming is now 98.8 (bumped to 98.8 from 92.8 with a +6 taming ring) and for some reason I'm having no success and no gains with taming Ki-Rins despite hundreds of attempts. Why am I not making any progress?

talshar

Wanderer

spong;375171 said:
Ok, my taming is now 98.8 (bumped to 98.8 from 92.8 with a +6 taming ring) and for some reason I'm having no success and no gains with taming Ki-Rins despite hundreds of attempts. Why am I not making any progress?
These may still be beyond your skill level, despite the jewelry. Look at Arak's guide on page one or try taming something easier. I know Stratics is not always accurate but according to their taming info, even at 98.8 Taming you only have a 7.6% chance to tame a Ki-Rin assuming you have 100 Lore. You should be closer to 50% chance to tame in order to gain regularly.

Oaks

Knight

The problems with ki-rins/unicorns is that most people don't kill them after they have been tamed, and just release them back into the wild. This means that their taming difficulty has gone up and you'll spend ages trying to tame one even though you have 0% of taming it. Pre-tamed ki-rins require above 100 taming from what I can remember from my newbie taming days.

Solution; Kill it and wait for a fresh spawn.

lordwolfx

Knight

whys this post showing as new? ^..^

i use +15 tame brace, +13 tame ring...

50-56 polar bears

56-120 savage ridgebacks

takes ~ 1 day (without going past 250 total)

talshar

Wanderer

lordwolfx;375194 said:
whys this post showing as new? ^..^

i use +15 tame brace, +13 tame ring...

50-56 polar bears

56-120 savage ridgebacks

takes ~ 1 day (without going past 250 total)
Ok . . . show of hands - How many new players have a +15 tame brace and +13 tame ring? Anybody? No. Really. Can't imagine why . . . maybe because not that many players have them, can find them or can afford them.:rolleyes:
This is great for vet players wanting to start a new tamer char but not so helpful for the newbie.

Nordon

Sorceror

Actually there are poeple that will help new tamers around the place - some guy gave me a +13 ring and I bought a +10 bracelet for like 10k so meh. It' pretty affordable.

Nikodemsky

Sorceror

i have two questions - first - where i can find ridgebacks? there's no any in Savage village... of course there is two or three in central ilshenear desert but this is not safe place to train Animal Taming...

second - where i can find bulls? there's no any in felluccia or trammel woods :\ they're good to train AT, but i can't find any :(

Oaks

Knight

Nikodemsky;377903 said:
i have two questions - first - where i can find ridgebacks? there's no any in Savage village... of course there is two or three in central ilshenear desert but this is not safe place to train Animal Taming...

second - where i can find bulls? there's no any in felluccia or trammel woods :\ they're good to train AT, but i can't find any :(

You sure there aren't any in that savage camp south of Compassion shrine>gypsy camp>lord blackthorne's castle ? Usually has 2-3 spawns there in relative safety (gotta love those "mature" people who lure paragon monsters down there to kill other players on a tram ruleset facet, because they think they are god almighty and own the place).

As for bulls, I never bothered with them because I swear they would leg it for the hills as soon as I showed up (meaning I hardly ever found any). You have to be lucky to come across one or two in the wild. I went with the gamans, or check one of the other billion suggestions in this topic.

Nikodemsky

Sorceror

yeah, two days ago i met one or two... but once... i think their spawn is too low(gamans too!) :\ only dagger isle spawn is great for train AT, no other places...

Oaks

Knight

From what I can remember, if you really want to go for bulls, the area north along the mountains of Delucia has a fairly decent spawn of them.