UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Taming Guide

Kenshin

Wanderer
Caramon said:
OK, cool but 1 idk where to find pretty colored armor 2 im broke and 3 every time a try for a hiryu i die
any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Peace it, spam taming - last target and don't let it hit you :p

You could also use something like a gaman as a meat shield when it breaks peace so the hiryu won't kill you (take a lot of bandages with you xD)

PSs

Looking for an Animal Taming Power Scroll, +5, +10, +15, or +20. If you know where to find one or have one, please let me know!!!
Thanks!

Dinin

Wanderer
has anyone tried the faction skill loss trick with taming? it would probably be easier than running around taming unicorns and kirins and get ppl above 100 alot easier...

Dinin said:
has anyone tried the faction skill loss trick with taming? it would probably be easier than running around taming unicorns and kirins and get ppl above 100 alot easier...

yes, it help, but i like to tame uniconrn............ and i have over 110 in animal tame

Dinin

Wanderer
Bardic said:
yes, it help, but i like to tame uniconrn............ and i have over 110 in animal tame

wow fast reply...

yeh im meaning to use it sometime soon becuase my tamer is a necro to and i cant go near unicorns and kirrins without them trying to maul me...

Dinin said:
wow fast reply...

yeh im meaning to use it sometime soon becuase my tamer is a necro to and i cant go near unicorns and kirrins without them trying to maul me...

hm.... then u can try dragon, fire steed(gain well, too bad i alwasy kill them because runout of stable) , or hiryu( i find hiryu also good gain too), nm ect...

Miniel

Wanderer
Ok i am stuck at 80.2 cant continue on the island of deciet anymore, everything telling me its not achallenge anymroe for me even freashly spawned screatures , so my understanding i can do ridgebacks but not sure i am high enough yet to even do those or wher to find those for tha tmatter, i tried gamans but they i understand are the same as bulls or ther abouts but dont gain of fthem , so i am at a stand still, sure i think imps was told but omg what a pain tha twill be peacing them everytime lol any other sugestions on a less dangerous area or mob that dont fight back to get high enough

Kenshin

Wanderer
If they say it wasn't challenging, it's because YOU tamed them before. Kill the animals, i was running home from deceit (Recall spot to my house blocked ¬¬) and there were tamed (blue) animals standing there alone, tame release kill.

ultek-demise

Wanderer
The most important thing is to learn taming when we have new player with small totalskill amount...

Because - having 200 totalskills instead of 700 totalskills give us about +20% powerboost to training skill.

It's very usable also to have powerscroll +20 to taming even if we are planning to have only 100%... becase then we have gainfactor counted on actualskills/120% instead of actualskill/100%

:)

Galder

Sorceror
Nice guide, interesting opinions. However, is it a "simple" way for someone to reach 60 from 40 without gaining 0.1 every 10 mins trying to tame every simple "compatible" animal he meets? :D

xaxas

Wanderer
I have 2 tamers @ 120 atm. I've raised 4 tamers on the shard - 2x120, 2x110. There is a guide if you have "young" status: First i tame hinds for a while. As soon as i see i can raise my skill enough with jewels i start taming great harts. When they become somewhat easy remove the jewels and repeat the procedure ;) . After that put the jewels back on and go tame Bake Kitsunes. As soon as i tamed one, there were 2 or 3 ready to kill it, and the best part is that i got some very nice items and not bad money from the kitsunes i've tamed. And all these creatures (hinds, great harts, kitsunes) are found in large numbers in the kitsune forests on Homare jima. When i saw i can reach 93.9 with jewels i moved on rune beetles. there is a peninsula on isamu jima where one can find 4 rune beetles. Just tame one, the other will kill it and while you're taming the next a new will spawn. And i continued to collect money and nice items.

Now a guide for ppl who have no young status any more: Start south of the moonglow Zoo or on dagger isle. The aim is to get to 83.1 with whatever jewellery you have at your disposal. Then use savage paint and move to the ridgebacks in ilsh - in the village below Lord Blackthorne's castle. Then either do it the hard way or download an EUO script. Voilla.

ultek-demise

Wanderer
I made big mistake!

I learn taming from 50 without young status :(

But after 20 hours and uo.stratics.com i have laready 93.7 taming on my char. Now i tame gamans/bulls (ridgebacks on swamps are good but there are to many evil npcs ..). When i hit Hiryus level i start taming them from a boat :)

EDIT: I've hit 96.1 and I train on unicorns. 15 minuts and I have 96.8 already :)

2 hours later... And i have GM taming... So about 24h from 50 to 100 :)

Phalius

Wanderer
Re: Taming Guide

For Some reaosn it is taking me HOURS to gain 1 point in skill. im currently at 37.5. id say it takes me about a half hour to gain .1 im taming polar bears. and i dont think they are pre tamed. im not positive though..... what am i doing wrong?

Just curious, have you reached skill cap yet on that char? If so you gain slowly. If not and that's a new char, you may want to start another and start at 50.

Another approach is to start a new char on that account, buy a soul stone and transfer the 50 skill from that new char to your current one, bumping you up to 50.

Cjdawg1069

Wanderer

I had read somewhere that you can tame gamans up to 95 or so, at least to masters. I was wondering if thats true, but also if there are any "safe" spots to do so. Seems everywhere I find some gamans there are hiryu that try to eat me. I was considering luring one far away and macroing peace. But that will be difficult to do once I start successfully taming them.

I don't have the young status anymore, so imps and dires might be difficult to follow on this guide, any other suggestions?

are you male?

hmm ok delucia tram has about 4 bulls, tame them and kill them aswell, u will get similar gains to the gamans

make sure you kill the gamans aswell, u wont gain bugger all from a creature that has been tamed already, (u might be lucky and squezz out .1 , once in a blue moon, so just dont bother with ones already tamed (just kill them and grab the freshly spawned ones).

if your male use jewels to hit 95.1 then go tame at the ki-rin passage in illeshnar, it a single spawn u tame it, tell it to guard, then run to the poisen ele in the adjacent room, the kirin will attack and die, and by the time u run back, there should be another ki-rin already spawned.

oh yeah positive karma is needed otherwise ki-rins attack u

and the spot in malas where all the ki-rin unicorn spawn is a waste of time, because very few people kill their tamed creatures, so u could spend hours and hours taming these , and not gain any skill

or u go there looking for ki-rin, and some male has killed all the ki-rins, and they were all replaced with unicorns

Cjdawg1069

Wanderer

Yes I am male, with about 72 or so taming. It this too soon to worry about gamans, should I just work on bulls?