UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Taming Guide

Andor-demise

Wanderer
Red Squirrel said:
Just a general taming question, is it normal for it to take over 30 animal tames before getting a 0.1 increase? I started with 50 taming and 0 animal lore. By the time I reached 50.2 animal taming, my animal lore had time to go up to like 15, is it normal for it to be so slow?

Increase your animal lore up to 30-40 and your taming skills should show better improvements.

At the beginning I would never recommend to GM lore: it improves your success rate while taming and you still gain in taming if you were unsuccessful. Therefore a lower animal lore would help you to maximise your taming gains per animal...

Red Squirrel

Wanderer
Ok so the higher my lore is, the more I'll gain?

Also, is it possible to get to ice island without a boat or rune book? I don't have neither, I just got on the shard so very low on cash. Been mostly beefing up my assassin for a little payback to someone who randomly killed me in fel, though I was hoping taming would be faster since sending a ancient wyrm or hyrue to the person's death would be more successful. :D

Pbguy434 said:
Not a bug. And you will love pre-tames once you get to about 60 or so.

I'm aware of using already tamed animals for better gains and already done it to help a fellow tamer. But my point is, shouldn't I only be able to start taming an animal if i have the needed minimum skill? That is not the case with pretamed animals. Thats the possible bug i'm speaking about :)

Neysa Moonshadow said:
I'm aware of using already tamed animals for better gains and already done it to help a fellow tamer. But my point is, shouldn't I only be able to start taming an animal if i have the needed minimum skill? That is not the case with pretamed animals. Thats the possible bug i'm speaking about :)

Has something changed? since I started here 280 odd days ago?

You could not get gains off already tamed Animals, you had to kill them and get them to respawn.

If thats happening WHATALOADOFSHITE :p EA needs a kick in the rectum :eek:

;)

YOu cant get gains from animals you had alreay tamed but you can get better gains of a pretamed animal if somebody other has tamed it first and you have the new minimum skill to tame it.

j0sh4tran

Sorceror
Ive gained about 2 skill points of animal taming from 1 bull since i havent tamed it yet, so all i have to do is macro it and look at forums or something.

bknoid

Wanderer
Anyone have a solid method of taming NightMares?

Been having a hard time with them, only went for a few runs... but still any advice would be great :)

My spec 7x

Animal Taming, lore, vet, mage, peace, provoke n music...

Anyone else when taming a dragon get jumped by 1 or 2 more? Everytime for me... and If I kill one first, then go look for one, I cant find one :( my luck =p

Well I dunno how solid a method it is, but it CAN work.

Take a tamed horse with you, let's call him cannon fodder.

Peace the NightMare, Place the tamed horse right next to him, then stand on the other side of the horse and try to tame him.

When you see the NM start to move say all stop and peace him again.

That way he will attack the horse first, and not you.
Also make sure you are not in war mode.

Best way is to take another peacer with you though. Let them peace while you tame.

Izhard

Wanderer
ice island runes?

Is there any way to get to ice island w/o use of runes or boat? Cannot find anyone with a rune to buy from... If anyone cound contribute a rune i would be very thankful

avengerTNT

Wanderer
Izhard said:
Is there any way to get to ice island w/o use of runes or boat? Cannot find anyone with a rune to buy from... If anyone cound contribute a rune i would be very thankful

if you want i can give you a run to fel ?intrested

Izhard

Wanderer
Okay, contact Rigen ingame. Im on GMT + 08:00 8.00pm to 9.00pm most of the time, tho im on from about 12.00 to 4.00 on sundays. Thanks for the offer =)

Taming and Selling

Im a tamer/mage/peacer. I have a friend who is also a tamer/mage (not peacer) What is the best creature to tame and sell for $$$ by myself, or wit my friend.

Also, what kind of armor is best for tamers?

I have a rune to ice island.

Tamer armor

OK, cool but 1 idk where to find pretty colored armor 2 im broke and 3 every time a try for a hiryu i die
any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks!