UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Taming Guide

jrhather

Wanderer
Re: Taming Guide

Taming is a pain in the ass. I hagve to do it drunk or else I would get too bored. I JUST ppassed 53.1 at dagger island ojn polar beares. now moving on to snow leopards. hpopegfully(goddamnit i'm fucked up. MUST,,,TYPE...Slower...) hopefully I will get great gains.

Go trammel.

ramax99

Knight

i used this guide:
50-90 — Scorpions and snakes in minoc desert
90-100 — Hiryus (i used +9 taming bracelet) :)

Cloudy

Wanderer

Is the faction trick worth it on this one? I know gaining skills in the 40s-60s is supposed to be easier than in the 80-90s, but the problem with this server and taming is all the "hot-spots" are camped. And when it's not, almost all the creators have been tamed before. If you did the faction trick in the mid 90s, you'd just be put back into dagger island. And for 20 minutes. That doesn't sound very advantageous.

Getheborn

Wanderer

Hi :)

I start creating my tamer and i already have 80 animal taming and 100 lore. What skills and stats i must have to be good tamer ?

Jrudrow

Wanderer

The basic Tamer is

Animal Lore
Animal Taming
Magery
Meditation
Vet
Music
Peace

mix and match the level of skills to what you want

some go with 80 magery, 80 med. just to put those skill points elsewhere(peace/music/taming/lore)

Getheborn

Wanderer

i need the fastest way from 96 to GM, ki - rins are very slow... 0.1 for every ki-rin ( 10 minutes of taming minimum )

Aenema

Wanderer

I think ur just unlucky, been doing unicorns myself from 80.1 real.
i started at 80.1 with +7 ring and +8 bracelet, changed to rings and bracelets with lower +taming as I advanced in skill. taken me about 6 hours from 80.0 real to 96.2 real. And I dont exactly powertame heh.

On the topic. my way of taming, which has worked great so far.

50-53.1 = polar bears and walruses (1 hour)
53.1-59.1 Snow leopards (3 hours)
59.1-65.1 Grizzly Bears (2 hours) http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=atlas&id=1031
65.1-68.7 White wolves (3 hours)
68.7-71.1 Gamans (1.5 hour)
71.1-77.1 Bulls (4 hours)
Slap on a +6 taming ring
83.1(77.1)-91.1(85.1) Ridgebacks (6 hours)
Slap on +10 jewelry
95.1(85.1)-100.0 Kirins/Unicorns(5 hours at 96.2 real I think I'll need 4-6 more hours to GM)

Total Time = ~30-35 hours total taming time

As you progress, remove taming jewelry as you go to stay as close to 95.1 at all times. this lets you try to tame the same uni for longer periods thus getting more gains of each creature.

st3in

Wanderer

Wow. Some good info...and Lots of misleading info too. but who has time to split hairs?

My Secrets:

1) Dagger Island, tram.
2) Faction Trick, FTW.
3) Polarbear, walrus to 100.

Stick to the SE peninsula, near shrine (for faction trick).

Faction trick does NOT increase gain rate, but DOES expand what you can gain from...using it properly, yes you can go all the way to 100 on polar bears and it happens in short order as there are plenty around to tame.

Getheborn

Wanderer

Is any macro for taming ridgebacks ? I saw man who beed afk and he has macroing ( he standing in one place and tameing ridgeback near him )

Getheborn

Wanderer

i need more 3,5 taming so... and i have problems with collect of 100k so 3,5kk is 6months way or more :p

LadySiren

Wanderer

Getheborn;297609 said:
i need more 3,5 taming so... and i have problems with collect of 100k so 3,5kk is 6months way or more :p

Just go to ice (dagger) isle and tame white wolves and snow leopards.
You will reach GM in a couple of hours.

Oaks

Knight

Hiryus

Kirins (if male)/unicorns (if female)

Any tameable considered "endgame" for tamers really. Kirins/unicorns have the advantage of instantly respawning as soon as the previous one has been killed or tamed so you can keep taming for gains. Good practise is to kill off the ones you have tamed, otherwise you will be creating a mass spawn, but depends on if you want to or not. Some people get their knickers in a twist over karma/fame levels.

Kelroth

Wanderer

Oaks;300977 said:
Hiryus

Kirins (if male)/unicorns (if female)

Any tameable considered "endgame" for tamers really. Kirins/unicorns have the advantage of instantly respawning as soon as the previous one has been killed or tamed so you can keep taming for gains. Good practise is to kill off the ones you have tamed, otherwise you will be creating a mass spawn, but depends on if you want to or not. Some people get their knickers in a twist over karma/fame levels.

Yes but loss of Karma is important when you're hanging out around unicorns and ki-rins, because they cause big Karma Losses, and if you end up being negative, it'll be more of a hassle to tame them.