UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The newest edition to the family

dracart

Sorceror
Re: The newest edition to the family

No need to get worked up. It was a joke. I can't really deduce that you're a "redneck" from a single post now can I?

Nonetheless i find gun fetish to be very disturbing.

Rednecks stem from those in the South... And while I don't remember where Cronus is, I do know that Caine and myself live up here in Michigan, where we have to worry more about freezing than getting sunburn on the backs of our necks. ;)

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

I carry a gun to protect myself and my family. Criminals do not obey the laws.

People who fear guns are uneducated. Firearms by themselves are not dangerous, it is the people who use them in a dangerous manner that make them dangerous.

When you see a gun do you immediately think of danger? I don't, because I have been educated in the proper use of firearms since my youth.

When you see a kitchen knife do you immediately think of danger? I don't, because I have used kitchen knives all my life for preparing food.

When you see a baseball bat do you immediately think of danger? I don't, because I have played baseball and still enjoy the sport.

Anything can be used as a weapon in the hands of a dangerous person. Thus far the firearms I own have been used to hunt and shoot at paper targets, and God willing that will be all I ever have to use them for.

I have taken the training, gone through the process and paid the fees to get my concealed pistol license so that I can protect myself from the people out there that wish to harm others. I am also a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, but that won't save you from a person who is armed with a firearm.

Gun control is not the answer, because again, criminals do not obey the laws. Disarm the law abiding citizens and the criminals have nothing to fear. They will not turn their weapons in.

Just because someone likes guns, or likes to shoot guns, doesn't make it a fetish. If you do not grow up around firearms it may seem a little strange to you but once you are educated on the proper use and storage of firearms they are no more scary than a baseball bat, hockey stick or kitchen knife.

Pont

Knight

Although I live in a heavily firearms restricted country. When I was in my teens I used to belong to a living history society set in the 14th Century.

To cut to the point we used to make our own canons and fire them and had a replica 14th Century predecessor to handguns and riffles. It consisted of a small canon stuck on the end of a wooden staff. One person would hold the staff on his shoulder and another person had to manually load it with 2 oz of black powder, wadding and a stone shot and then fire it using black powder in a touch pan set off with a match (black powder in a hemp rope on a stick). It had quite a kick ;).

The word 'barrel' comes from the fact that in those early days the barrel of the canons were constructed the same way as a timber barrel using iron staves and hoops. Due to this method of construction they were prone to exploding and killing canon crews.

The canon as a weapon had very little damage value and was more effective to scare the enemy due to the noise it made where back then (14th Century) the only thing to compare its noise to would be thunder that was a godly creation.

The longbow (in England, the old country :)) remained the most feared weapon until the further development of 'firearms' in the 18th Century.

hugoboss

Sorceror

so... one of those barrels blew up in your face... and fragments of the staves are still lodged in your cranium... hence the irrational need to run around in your nappies and the uncontrollable urge to poo gold... aaah it all makes sense now!..

Pont

Knight

hugoboss;509893 said:
so... one of those barrels blew up in your face... and fragments of the staves are still lodged in your cranium... hence the irrational need to run around in your nappies and the uncontrollable urge to poo gold... aaah it all makes sense now!..
Got it in one ;).

Sintoo

Sorceror

Cronus;509651 said:
For me the answer to that is simple: because some people are scared of guns, and if I don't conceal it they'll be afraid for no reason at all. I don't have guns around because I want to shoot people, or because I'm out looking for an opportunity to blast someone. It plain and simply comes down to a desire to be prepared. There are shady characters out there who have guns, and will use them to seriously fuck me or my loved ones up if they get half a chance - and I'm not gonna let that happen.

Those of us who go through the hoops of being fingerprinted with the FBI and having background checks done to get a permit to carry a gun aren't the ones you have to worry about...

Isin't it all a bit contradictive, you say you hide your gun so people wont be scared, when
they have no reason to be scared. If they have no reason to be scared why would you need to hide the gun in the first place If you didn't carry a gun at all there would be absolutely no reason at all to be scared. Dont you think people with
bad intentions have the same idea they conceal their weapons so people wont be scared. I think there's a very healthy reason why people should be afraid of guns. I'd trust a guy a hell of a lot more that walks around with an AK on his back then someone who has a .22 gun stuck in his waist beneath his shirt, and woulden't that be more effective as a deterrency and more productive for what you are trying to accomplish by carrying a gun? a bank that has no guards is more likely to get robbed then a bank that has guards kind of thing.
I don't think that your out to harm anyone with the gun intentionally but I see that argument for carrying a gun in public often "to protect your near and dear"
but how old are you? and how many times have you or your near and dear under your life time been in a position where a gun was necessary?
True true, all it would have to take is that one time when one was needed and you didn't carry one and it would all potentially be over.
But woulden't carrying a gun more likely put you and your loved ones in danger then deflect the danger.
Lets say if I were to rob someone and dont kill them straightaway and during that robbery that guy pulls a gun on me, I'm gonna be scared as shit and I'm not gonna put much thought into it I'm just gonna start firing in that direction, and guess what in that direction of that guy stands his 2 little girls and his wife I dont mean to hit them, but hey! I had a gun and was trying to protect me and my own.
And what gives you who carries a gun the right to potentially harm other innocent people that are bystanders when you're trying to defend yourself by the use of a firearm.

I've been in a few occasions where me and my friends life's have been at danger, and I dont believe anyone of those sitations would have benifited off me pulling out a gun. it probably just would have resulted in us getting killed.

We had a guy here just a few weeks ago that wasen't allowed into a club because he was to drunk or high whatever, and he started to pump rounds into the crowd that was standing outside and I'm not saying that you or anyone else that carries a gun would do something like that. I dont think that the guy had the intention that he was going to go out and start shooting peole either at the beginning of the day.
But fact remains had he not carried a gun people woulden't have been injured. And what would have happened if another person in that crowd had a gun and decided to fire back? just more people getting shot to shit.

Caine;509852 said:
I carry a gun to protect myself and my family. Criminals do not obey the laws.

People who fear guns are uneducated. Firearms by themselves are not dangerous, it is the people who use them in a dangerous manner that make them dangerous.

When you see a gun do you immediately think of danger? I don't, because I have been educated in the proper use of firearms since my youth.

When you see a kitchen knife do you immediately think of danger? I don't, because I have used kitchen knives all my life for preparing food.

When you see a baseball bat do you immediately think of danger? I don't, because I have played baseball and still enjoy the sport.

Anything can be used as a weapon in the hands of a dangerous person. Thus far the firearms I own have been used to hunt and shoot at paper targets, and God willing that will be all I ever have to use them for.

I have taken the training, gone through the process and paid the fees to get my concealed pistol license so that I can protect myself from the people out there that wish to harm others. I am also a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, but that won't save you from a person who is armed with a firearm.

Gun control is not the answer, because again, criminals do not obey the laws. Disarm the law abiding citizens and the criminals have nothing to fear. They will not turn their weapons in.

Just because someone likes guns, or likes to shoot guns, doesn't make it a fetish. If you do not grow up around firearms it may seem a little strange to you but once you are educated on the proper use and storage of firearms they are no more scary than a baseball bat, hockey stick or kitchen knife.

I agree and I dont agree, I've grown up with weapons from an early age but fact remains a gun is lethal no matter whos hands it's in.
And that comparison is in my world is unfair, it's not the gun it's where it's at.
If you carry a gun in public I will be scared, if you carry a knife in public I will be scared, if you carry a baseball bat in public...yupp I will be scared.
If you had done the same thing to the gun as you did with the knife and baseballbat I wouldent been scared.

When you see a gun do you immediately think of danger? I don't, because I only use guns at a shooting range where people are aware that guns will be present and you're there to actually shoot guns.

I like guns and all the glorified violence that movies and games brings from it, but in real life I dont want guns out in public.
If they're not being used at a shooting range I want them locked down behind a steel door.
All in all those are my opinions and I respect yours, but I dont want guns out in public no matter whos carrying them.

Pont

Knight

If only the real world was like comic books where heros always won and villains lost...:)

View attachment 11652

Unfortunately its not :(.

Attachments

• 300px-Vigilante_v_1_48.jpg
    300px-Vigilante_v_1_48.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 91

wwebb

Sorceror

Sintoo;509933 said:
And what gives you who carries a gun the right to potentially harm other innocent people that are bystanders when you're trying to defend yourself by the use of a firearm.

Boy, it's a good thing CCW courses you must take and pass before you are even considered for a license train you in proper situational responses.

but I dont want guns out in public no matter whos carrying them

Run for public office on the platform of disarming all law/security enforcement and peace-time military personal I guess then. Surely you will be elected.

hugoboss

Sorceror

Pont;509990 said:
If only the real world was like comic books where heros always won and villains lost...:)

View attachment 11652

... we'd all get to run around wearing our nappies on the outside, dyed a variety of garish colours, without attracting so much slack-jawed gaping stares from the general public! cooooool! :D

gugutz

Knight

Sintoo;509933 said:
Isin't it all a bit contradictive, you say you hide your gun so people wont be scared, when
they have no reason to be scared. If they have no reason to be scared why would you need to hide the gun in the first place

Sintoo;509933 said:
I don't think that your out to harm anyone with the gun intentionally but I see that argument for carrying a gun in public often "to protect your near and dear"

Sintoo;509933 said:
Lets say if I were to rob someone and dont kill them straightaway and during that robbery that guy pulls a gun on me, I'm gonna be scared as shit and I'm not gonna put much thought into it I'm just gonna start firing in that direction, and guess what in that direction of that guy stands his 2 little girls and his wife I dont mean to hit them, but hey! I had a gun and was trying to protect me and my own.
And what gives you who carries a gun the right to potentially harm other innocent people that are bystanders when you're trying to defend yourself by the use of a firearm

I've been in a few occasions where me and my friends life's have been at danger, and I dont believe anyone of those sitations would have benifited off me pulling out a gun. it probably just would have resulted in us getting killed.

Sintoo;509933 said:
We had a guy here just a few weeks ago that wasen't allowed into a club because he was to drunk or high whatever, and he started to pump rounds into the crowd that was standing outside and I'm not saying that you or anyone else that carries a gun would do something like that. I dont think that the guy had the intention that he was going to go out and start shooting peole either at the beginning of the day.

Sintoo;509933 said:
But fact remains had he not carried a gun people woulden't have been injured. And what would have happened if another person in that crowd had a gun and decided to fire back? just more people getting shot to shit.

Sintoo;509933 said:
I agree and I dont agree, I've grown up with weapons from an early age but fact remains a gun is lethal no matter whos hands it's in.
And that comparison is in my world is unfair, it's not the gun it's where it's at.

Sintoo;509933 said:
All in all those are my opinions and I respect yours, but I dont want guns out in public no matter whos carrying them.

After all that, i don't need to post anything i was about to post here now.
Guns are a way to balance a feeling of insecureness people have inside them. Im not saying you are weak because you feel that you should have a gun. But its an ironic that ends in itself: you fear inviduals with guns, so you carry a gun to be able to fight them in case you need to. But like Sintoo said, guns are lethal, no matter whos is carrying it. And nobody is imune to accidents.

It changes the way people see you, no matter who you are. Pray to god the day never comes in witch some armed guy goes to rob you, and sees your gun and feels scared.

[endtopicparticipation

dracart

Sorceror

In Switzerland, every man over 20 must keep their militia assault rifle (sig 550) at home and train every year. If was not so that number would be much much lower.

wwebb

Sorceror

Now let's see a display of knife related violent crimes in the UK.

Pont

Knight

wwebb;510708 said:
Now let's see a display of knife related violent crimes in the UK.
Ok then...

Attachments

• knife.jpg
    knife.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 44