UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The newest edition to the family

wwebb

Sorceror
Re: The newest edition to the family

Pont;510718 said:

Still not at all what I'm looking for lol, but thanks for trying at least.

The only point I was trying to make is though you are likely to be shot during a violent crime here in the US, you are likely to be cut in the UK.

Yes, we have more crime here, but that's a whole other can of worms.

dracart

Sorceror

I would like to see the stats in Iraq. I wonder how "trained" mercenaries are doing.

Lucifall

Knight

Glad Brazil isn't in there. Then again, our government hides alot of shit. ;<

Well, here's one simple thing to chew on: how many school knifing rampages have you heard of? (in *any* country?)

Granted, I'm someone who'd defend the US's 2nd Amendment to the last breath, but I'm actually also a realist about it.

Pont

Knight

wwebb;510725 said:
The only point I was trying to make is though you are likely to be shot during a violent crime here in the US, you are likely to be cut in the UK.
There is a higher rate of knife crimes in the US than the UK also, see my previous stats.

wwebb

Sorceror

Pont;510885 said:
There is a higher rate of knife crimes in the US than the UK also, see my previous stats.

Yea, I also acknowledged the US has more crime generally, we just happen to have a huge cache of firearms.

My argument is that if guns magically disappeared tomorrow, our criminals would resort to something else. No amount of gun/knife/weapon control is going to fix the underlying social problems that make criminals criminals.

Yes I also agree it might stop some school shootings, but let's be real about another thing, there's no way anyone could possibly round up the millions of firearms we have in private possession. (who knows maybe I'll be eating my words in 4 years if it's really as bad as the far-right says about Obama).

If the UK banned private ownership of knives and all sharp objects, I'd suspect you'd all start whacking each other with cricket bats.

After that doesn't work and they ban all personal possessions including clothing (instead of just you, EVERYONE will be naked), you'd all probably turn to scalding each other with hot yorkshire puddings.

Pont

Knight

wwebb;510897 said:
After that doesn't work and they ban all personal possessions including clothing (instead of just you, EVERYONE will be naked), you'd all probably turn to scalding each other with hot yorkshire puddings.
Now thats what I'm talking about :D......hmmmm maybe thats why we have the highest rate of teenage pregnancies in Europe :confused:.

drak-

Sorceror

Nottheking;508504 said:
Also, there was no language actually placed in the Second Amendment that specified that gun ownership was for a libertarian/anarchist/rebellious purpose. Rather, the ONLY actual implied purpose anyone could derive from the Second Amendment without outright fabricating things is in fact the opposite: gun ownership was to facilitate the ability of each individual state to maintain its own militia. And in fact, this purpose seems practically explicit in one of the versions of the amendment. (though it does not exactl say that such is the only way it's permitted, as was ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller)

Theres that, and theres the federalist papers, written in large by the same guys who signed the constitution. The most popular of which being Alexander Hamilton federalist 28:

"In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair"

http://www.constitution.org/fed/federa28.htm

As for the rest of it, there are plenty of papers and quotes from the "founding fathers" to establish that the purpose of the right to have and bear was at least in part - a last resort against a treasonous government.

Oh, and PLEASE dont mix up "libertarian" with sedition. Libertarians want the constitution restored to the exact letter of the document. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, I'd note that Hamilton was the main driving force of the Federalist Party, while the Bill of Rights was written by James Madison, a Democratic-Republican following Thomas Jefferson. One must remember that there really can't possibly be a single meaning placed behind the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, since partisan politics played EVERY bit of a role then as they do today... It's just that it was a bit of a different axis.

And no, I never really meant to infer that Libertarians were seditionists. I apologize for any confusion I caused.

WhiteZero

Sorceror

Guess I'll be the only other one to post a pic of their gun...
Basically a Beretta 92 for 25% the price and a 17rnd clip. Yummie.
Nice 1911 btw, Cronus.

Attachments

• pt92.JPG
    pt92.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 43