UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The People's History of UOGamers

Epic-hybrid

Wanderer
Re: The People's History of UOGamers

i made AB and we were active from about 6/06 to 4/07 then recently started it back up in july

kdivers

Knight

i must reitterate: august 2006, SMM got a suit of pure for giving Ryan BJ's

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

In February 2008: MIQ gives SMM a bj but failed to receive a PW suit in exchange.

Fez_

Knight

Your History is Boring. here is a history of my FreeShard experiences

04 I made a few accounts before being told ABC uo is better(prior to wipe).
05 Re-join... make no name for myself what soever and fade away
06 join Demise server b4 it becomes retarded with skillball handouts weekly
07 Re-join hybrid and make a tamer
08 Guild consisting of 3 people quits killing me also

April 2009 some Fag gets 3 forum accounts merged under the new name of fez_
he then goes on to take the heart of Mr 'Johnny Cupcakes'
then over the next few months completes his task winning the hearts of the whole forum.

Konoe

Page

i donno dates either but i can remember a few things

Secret Handout of the Sweet Eva Sandles.
Ryan announces SHARD WIDE how bad MS-EQ is.
PW sandies were introduced and selling for 17m. (now 85? 90?)
3 yrs UOG shirt glich when people were cutting other peoples shirts up that were locked down in their houses.
Point at wich handouts were exeeding a reasonable limit.
Amazing and June Scavenger events both put out a new amount of 1 of a kind items.
CBDs unable to be gotten from BODs.
Houses made ageless for military personel then taken away because of greedy bastards.

These are just some minor things I thought some people might find intresting or want to know. sorry I dont have any dates and also sorry if there are repeats I didnt read all 15 pages. :/

ANIMAL MAN, YUH BOI NATE, AND MR ABAASY MADE I P AUGUST 2007, AND IS A VERY SUCCESSFUL IDOC GUILD : )

Jenova-gl

Sorceror

Here's some things I remember as well as some corrections. All of this has to do with the history of pvp on UOG as pvp is this shards foundation even though it has fallen pretty far since the old days.

During 2003 very early into UOG (before even all the house spots were filled) there was no factions implemented and very few guilds. Some of the top order/chaos guilds of the time were:

DJs, a chesepeake based guild with mostly people known for dueling. Notable members include Ironfist Max (one of the most prestigious and respected names in the pvp community circa 2003-2005), Ejin and Death Jester. They would later become an early version of Immortal.

MdK, featuring ODB, a speedhacking Urinal Cake later co-leader of ck6, phontain later of PF, and Roman the Insane, a nearly impossible to kill healer mage who later became a core member of the original IC.

DaB, my guild which i used my original GL guild's name for, with none of the original members besides myself. We were pretty bad. I recruited mostly just anyone that pvped due to the low population of skilled players. Valkyr, one of the best 7x duelers in UOG history was one of the original members.

WAR a pacific based guild, they really had no idea how to fight guilds that used voice chat and synced/xhealed etc and thus got crushed. A lot of original OSI servers weren't accustomed to the type of pvp we see today. The syncing style of pvp really originated from chesepeake and GL guilds and early into UOGamers this really showed as inferior group pvp servers such as atlantic and pacific got destroyed.

2004 which many oldschool players consider to be the prime of UOG factions was largely dominated by IC. They had superior numbers, superior clients (the first versions of PlayUO were not released to the general public and were instead handed out to members of IC for testing, the early versions contained some serious imbalanced features such as faster turn speed and an auto pot throwing command.) and with Krrios at the helm had crafty tactics and weren't afraid to use anything to their advantage to keep control of factions. They employed several tamers, carried bolas and utilized runic alchy dexers. Pvp guilds generally were a dime a dozen and none stayed together very long in the face of the onslaught. I was in the guild Ministry (M) at the time led by Sir Ryan (who would later attempt to create his own server UO:Ecstasy which, while initially fun would meet an early demise). My most memorable moment from this time came from a sigil defense at SL base. We had set up a pretty impenetrable defense that was attacked on and off by IC (who were always CoM) for hours resulting in some pretty epic battles. Finally, as our sigils started to corrupt and we thought the war was won a single SL thief walked into the base, calmly stole the Magincia sigil and walked out to be killed by IC members waiting for him outside the base. We later found out the thief was played by none other than Krrios. We corrupted the rest of the towns but were unable to secure mag due to this and IC set up a ridiculous guard turret and easily took back the towns on the next defense. Demoralized, M disbands shortly after.

I believe check 6 was formed in early 2005, elohdee or urinal cake may have more specific info on this.

Around february-march of 2005 I was in MDK (after ODB quit). This was the time of minax as most of IC had become inactive or quit and 3-4 of the top guilds were in minax. Notable guilds of the time: MdK, Ck6, s3x (wankers guild), Luv, PF, -I-, 31d, c9 and c2w

c2w actually joined the server sometime in early 2005. They had only 3 original members on UOG (Grey, Aeon and Chucky). Due to the severe numbers disadvantage they utilized some very unusual (at the time) tactics. They were as far as I know the first guild to utilize clones to make it more difficult to call targets. They also used a fight-on-the-run style of pvp where they would stay closely together using UOAM, healing and acquiring targets on the run. Instead of running completely away they would get just far enough away to load up a dump and bide their time waiting for an opening to kill one of their pursuers. This allowed them to fight much larger guilds with incredible success. The sudden and unexpected nature of the kills they got caused contraversy as a lot of lesser skilled players believed them to be cheating. The most amazing thing about c2w is they actually played intentionally handicapped at this time, they did some of their best work on their Delivery Girl clones which were all tamers that rode unicorns (just for looks), essentially gimping themselves of 2 skills and yet still managed to have a winning record against every guild of the time fighting with inferior numbers and only using 5 skills.

My guild was formed in april of 2005. Inspired by c2w and the epic thrashings we took while outnumbering them, I tried to emulate their success and playstyle: quality players, small numbers and utilizing the fight-on-the-run technique whenever necessary. The core of the guild consisted of all the members of MdK that I considered good: Wade, Racecar, Mini Me, Daz as well as Trag and Sinister who were Wades RL friends. We did not originally start as YES/Rage we had a few different names including UOG pvp is trash and Bola G, ank before trag or wade (one of em) finally suggested the genius name Young Ethiopian Sluts which we sported until we finally secured a 4 letter guild abbreviation and became Rage.

Summer of 2005 was imo the prime of UOG pvp. It was mostly a 3 way battle between the 3 top guilds of the time YES, Ck6 and Luv however there were many other guilds that would sprout up to compete. In june of 05 Underwater Ape posted a thread on the faction forums promising that his guild Untouchables from the server Defiance would be coming over to UOG and own the shard. This would turn out to be false as they were thoroughly dominated by the top guilds in most fights due to UOG guild's superior vent coordination. They did however bring a lot of players over from defiance and provided some quality fights. The defeat of Untouchables and my guilds temporary migration to defiance in which we routinely shit on every defiance guild outnumbered several times (I believe ck6 also did the same) pretty much ended the debate on which of the 2 top free servers had the most competitive pvp.

Thats all for the pvp history lesson today kids, this is in no way a comprehensive list of everything that happened, if I forgot a name or guild, sorry, its been a long time. If im bored maybe ill post a few more things from the end of 2005-on and other things I remember for all you 08'ers.