UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"The Sampire Bible" - Everything you need to know by Sativah

jaasso

Knight
Looked at the updates for this weekends server reset and noticed the correction to Hit Area is finally coming. Which makes it weaker on one end(most generic spawner weapons) while making it much stronger with the correct combination of mods/talismans.

whats changing?

Craudiator

Sorceror
your right, double axe is nice and even with all the radiants in the world I would still suggest any samp to have a good general purpose double axe

I had never thought of using a double ax. but got a great on IDOC (di40, ssi30, hml40 hit + light)
then decided to make a sampire to use it. but before I am studying well to use it :)
this guide has helped a lot

whats changing?

The area is going from 10 tiles to 5 tiles but the damage will remain a constant % in the area. The damage is no longer determined by base damage but instead determined by the final damage meaning slayer, killers, enemy of one, and the bonus from whirlwind all increase the damage of hit area. It isnt exactly what i gave xavier a while ago im under the assumption the result will be the same.

Here is the googlecode update.

Code:
    Modify    /devel/Scripts/Items/Weapons/BaseWeapon.cs    diff

1910    1910
1911    1911        List<Mobile> list = new List<Mobile>();
1912    1912
1913        -    foreach ( Mobile m in from.GetMobilesInRange( 10 ) )
    1913    +    int range = Core.ML ? 5 : 10;
    1914    +
    1915    +    foreach ( Mobile m in from.GetMobilesInRange( range ) )
1914    1916        {
1915    1917        if ( from != m && defender != m && SpellHelper.ValidIndirectTarget( from, m ) && from.CanBeHarmful( m, false ) && ( !Core.ML || from.InLOS( m ) ) )
1916    1918        list.Add( m );
1921    1923
1922    1924        Effects.PlaySound( from.Location, map, sound );
1923    1925
1924        -    // TODO: What is the damage calculation?
1925        -
1926    1926        for ( int i = 0; i < list.Count; ++i )
1927    1927        {
1928    1928        Mobile m = list[i];
1929    1929
1930        -    double scalar = (11 - from.GetDistanceToSqrt( m )) / 10;
    1930    +    double scalar = Core.ML ? 1.0 : ( 11 - from.GetDistanceToSqrt( m ) ) / 10;
    1931    +    double damage = GetBaseDamage( from );
1931    1932
1932        -    if ( scalar > 1.0 )
1933        -    scalar = 1.0;
1934        -    else if ( scalar < 0.0 )
    1933    +    if(scalar <= 0)
    1934    +    {
1935    1935        continue;
    1936    +    }
    1937    +    else if( scalar < 1.0 )
    1938    +    {
    1939    +    damage *= ( 11 - from.GetDistanceToSqrt( m ) ) / 10;
    1940    +    }
1936    1941
1937    1942        from.DoHarmful( m, true );
1938    1943        m.FixedEffect( 0x3779, 1, 15, hue, 0 );
1939        -    AOS.Damage( m, from, (int)(GetBaseDamage( from ) * scalar), phys, fire, cold, pois, nrgy );
    1944    +    AOS.Damage(m, from, (int)damage, phys, fire, cold, pois, nrgy);
1940    1945        }
1941    1946        }
1942    1947        #endregion

Indika

Sorceror
The area is going from 10 tiles to 5 tiles but the damage will remain a constant % in the area. The damage is no longer determined by base damage but instead determined by the final damage meaning slayer, killers, enemy of one, and the bonus from whirlwind all increase the damage of hit area.

this is awesome :)

Indika

Sorceror
I had never thought of using a double ax. but got a great on IDOC (di40, ssi30, hml40 hit + light)
then decided to make a sampire to use it. but before I am studying well to use it :)
this guide has helped a lot

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I will very soon update my first reply to this guide and have a comprehensive weapon and armor guide. I will have a thick discussion on the requirement of a good General Purpose Double Axe and the one you have typed to me sound's like it would make a great general purpose axe! So keep that one for sure!

Also, I got that update in for you Mytilus ;)

Indika

Sorceror
As I still compile the information for explanation on sampire weapons and armor, I formatted my first reply to be the section for gear. I also included a small discussion about Male vs Female for your sampire.

If anyone has any questions/comment/concerns/suggestions about anything please feel free to ask me here in this thread. My inbox has become so spammed since creating this thread I would like it if all questions could remain in thread so others could hear the answers. Some people may not even know the right question to ask so it would be mutually beneficial to post all questions and comments to the thread rather than messaging me to my inbox.

I will attempt to finish the section on weapons and armor before the weekend, I am working on it in a text document right now but I have been busy IRL so I haven't had much time to really get into the juicy parts yet but as it is highly anticipated I will try to make sure I can at least get something up by the weekend!

Craudiator

Sorceror
indika hello, I saw you yesterday at Luna. You were in a hurry, so I'll ask here.
I have a verite runic hammer to burn, which metal is worth to craft?

Indika

Sorceror
indika hello, I saw you yesterday at Luna. You were in a hurry, so I'll ask here.
I have a verite runic hammer to burn, which metal is worth to craft?
metal type really doesn't matter as most people will cast consecrate weapon anyway... bronze has 40% fire though which seems good when u out of mana for consecrate. my work load has doubled in the past week so I haven't found much time to play or work on the guide but as it is highly anticipated I will try to finish the gear section by this weekend. sorry for the wait and keep the questions/comments coming!

This is really developing into something useful. Thanks for taking the time. :)

thank you for the consideration!

I included a super small update into the gear section to keep everyone in the loop. I will be adding more to it throughout the week as I find the necessary time.

...I want to talk about Feersum's guide for a moment. This was the guide I followed years ago when I first created my sampire, Sativah. It was the best reference at the time that I could find for answering questions about making a sampire. I highly recommend this guide if you actually do what he says you will have no problem soloing a champ spawn on a sampire. It is a great guide and for good reason is one of the most referenced posts on the internet about a sampire.
http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/479944/
Here is a link to Feersum's thread and...
I'm pleased it has been useful for so long.

Also: You might want to fix the link - http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/479944/

why exactly sampires are so cool
My pulse is racing just remembering the mayem.

Oh wait, no. I think actually it was the risk of e. / RW / [[[]]] deathsquads which generally had sweat beading my brow...

Feersum played an elf sampire
Actually - I only ever made an Elf to test out the pros and cons. But Pitch Black was human and that would always be my first choice (especially if you plan to venture into Fel)

Semidar has the area effect of a normal succubus. However, this area effect does much more damage to male characters than female characters. It is not uncommon to be killed immediately by the area effect. Male characters are advised to either polymorph into a female, or take on the necromatic Wraith Form. Doing so will eliminate a certain amount of damage dealt to male
characters.

***She also does double damage reflect to male characters who attack her with direct damage, again unless they are polymorphed into a female.***
I tested this time and again and could never see any appreciable difference (while using VE at least). Maybe it has been updated?

they can solo just about anything in the game
Important to remember that although you can be a pretty efficient multi-purpose Sampire for a while, when you reach end-game and the key is spawn clear speed or 1vs1 survivability vs the toughest single foes, you will never be able to do both perfectly. From what I have read so far, Indika's and my Sampire guides use slightly different builds, gear and tactics. Worth keeping in mind what your final objective is before you choose to follow one or the other.

(In fact, unless things have really changed, in my opinion the VE, CW, CS Sampire beats all at a spawn, but if you want to run Doom or solo 1vs1 the Wammy is superior)

FE

PS Hi Demise... :)

Indika

Sorceror
My pulse is racing just remembering the mayem.
it is quite the feeling :p

Important to remember that although you can be a pretty efficient multi-purpose Sampire for a while, when you reach end-game and the key is spawn clear speed or 1vs1 survivability vs the toughest single foes, you will never be able to do both perfectly. From what I have read so far, Indika's and my Sampire guides use slightly different builds, gear and tactics. Worth keeping in mind what your final objective is before you choose to follow one or the other.
This. Yes. So much time spent in trying to get this point across. Lol. I truly believe sampire can have multiple roles and to build your suit and template accordingly is important. When I farm Doom or solo mobs, I will soulstone my template around. It's not uncommon for me to have anatomy AND lumberjacking on my sampire at any given time. It all depends on what you're doing and what you want to gear for. I will always be a fan of elf sampires for champ spawn.

(In fact, unless things have really changed, in my opinion the VE, CW, CS Sampire beats all at a spawn, but if you want to run Doom or solo 1vs1 the Wammy is superior)
whammy is great 1v1 for doom and I agree it has the highest DPS. But I would disagree that a whammy could do doom faster than my sampire over time between mounting, casting wraith... Also it is more hotkeys than a sampire with CW. I used CW on my sampire for a while but eventually grew out of it and haven't had it hotkeyed in a long time. But the mounted aspect of a sampire is something that is overlooked regularly and I find it to actually be one of the strongest key points to a samp (besides that 20% reduced damage the armored swampy gives u) being fast is important when soloing a champ spawn...

FE
PS Hi Demise... :)

It's nice to see u online FE. Back in the day u were my inspiration so anyone following my advice now can thank u :p Thanks so much for dropping by my post and I will try to have an update in there by the weekend

Work load has doubled this month so I haven't had much time to play let alone work on this guide. Please bear with me guys!! And if you have any questions feel free to post them here and I will get back to u as soon as it's convenient for me to :)