UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"The Sampire Bible" - Everything you need to know by Sativah

kurogaara

Squire
Hi there,

I used to play on ultima online back in the days when the whole sampire idea was being released, i managed to make a wraith form/curse sword sampire, not the best sampire build but i was happy to see my sampire soling a paragon AW once i mastered the build, he was a fencing one cuz it was extremely hard to grab a hand on those hml,ssi double axe. Anyways i quit uo a few years ago but i finally came back, as my characters were deleted im starting fresh from the begining.
But now im building the classic sampire build, i know u said dont go building a sampire if u dont have money and its your first class, blah, blah, blah, but the sampire spirit is too strong, once u play it u dont wanna play the other ones, the way you play it facing death the whole time makes it to much fun to play.
Anyways since im kind of new to this classic sampire build i have a few questions to you, and some personal experience:
-Why not start a sampire as your begining class?
It wont take long to cap your skills, as u said parrying goes up easy with the sheep trick, bushido and chiv, well u cant cap those easy but u go off with the basic points to cast EoO and lightining strike, the swordmanship is the hardest but if u have a friend thats starting with u, u just go to felluca and macro a hit/heal macro and boom u can cap swordmanship, netheir to say necromancy is easy to macro with a lrc suit and plus u can macro resisting spell by targeting yourself with pain spike.
Ok taking off the skill part, if u are capped all u need is a basic radiant hml, and with that u can go off to kill wisp on ilshenar, the best thing about wisps is the fact that they are neutral so u wont be getting trouble facing more then one at once, and they drop an average of 400+ gold, enough to give u money for a basic resist set and with a little bit of luck u can even drop a few hci jewels.
Off course thats just my experience i dont know if any other templates could grab as much money as a speed killing wisp sampire, im saying that at the begining of your days in the server.
-Why not use confidence?
I know im not playing high lvl doom or champion spawn, but this skill has saved me a few times against paragon daemons, probably cuz u can cast it without stopping, u can runaway while casting it, so in case of emergency u can proc confidence and run to a corner or a safer spot. Probably wouldnt work on a champion spawn or a high lvl monster like a AW or a Balron, but still is a nice spell for the begining and to be cast while u r running away from something(i know u said that sampire should never ever run away from their targets, but what are the odds, everybody should have a escape plan).
-Champion spawn, well, well, well, everybody say that sampires are capable of soloing champions spawns, but i have a question, how do u deal with the PVP part of the champion spawn?
I mean for real, is it possible to solo a champion spawn without facing PVP, do you do it so fast that u dont leave time for the PVP guys? Please enlight me on this one with tips or something, ive always wanted to try soloing a champion spawn but ive never done it cuz most of the times a PVP boy would come and ruin it.
-Which one is the easier champion spawn?
-About the counter attack skill, how does it work?
Ive never used this skill, as u said most of the bushido players out there dont know the power of that skill. How does work, do you gotta recast it everytime you counter something or u can just cast it from time to time.
-Can u PVP with a sampire? or u should always run away in case off trouble?

Well those are my questions/coments, hope it helps others and good luck with your guide, its awesome.

Indika

Sorceror
Hi there,

Hello and thanks for the post.

-Why not start a sampire as your begining class?
I suppose if you wanted to make a sampire-like character built around 1v1ing mobs u could make a sampire as the starter class but if you try to kill even medium-level difficulty mobs with a budget sampire u will spend more time dead than alive. nor will you be able to really take on enough mobs to whirlwind which sampire is definitely a whirlwind class. thus if you want to make a successful samp, you could make money on a different character then make a decent sampire out of 5kk

-Why not use confidence?
I know im not playing high lvl doom or champion spawn, but this skill has saved me a few times against paragon daemons, probably cuz u can cast it without stopping, u can runaway while casting it, so in case of emergency u can proc confidence and run to a corner or a safer spot. Probably wouldnt work on a champion spawn or a high lvl monster like a AW or a Balron, but still is a nice spell for the begining and to be cast while u r running away from something(i know u said that sampire should never ever run away from their targets, but what are the odds, everybody should have a escape plan).
counter attack is way better and will even grant you back more life due to damage than confidence will. I never run away on my sampire because I've learned not too. ive gone to 1 hp AND 1 stamina so many times and still lived. I just don't run away on my sampire simple as that.

-Champion spawn, well, well, well, everybody say that sampires are capable of soloing champions spawns, but i have a question, how do u deal with the PVP part of the champion spawn?
I mean for real, is it possible to solo a champion spawn without facing PVP, do you do it so fast that u dont leave time for the PVP guys? Please enlight me on this one with tips or something, ive always wanted to try soloing a champion spawn but ive never done it cuz most of the times a PVP boy would come and ruin it.
if you stick to t2a spawns or do them fast enough you can finish them before pvp shows up. otherwise I have a red character on a separate account I can log onto aswell. sampire's cant pvp

-Which one is the easier champion spawn? - Probably coon or rikktor.
-About the counter attack skill, how does it work? - My guide will explain how counterattack works, but in short it grants you another swing which can be a special ability
-Can u PVP with a sampire? or u should always run away in case off trouble? - I always run away. Sampire is a horrible pvper

Indika

Sorceror
Typing up a really good Tip's and Tricks section. Look forward to it by Monday.

Also I have a new sampire project I will be unfolding as soon as I finish filling all these runic hammers xD so stay tuned!!

I have been working a lot and sick so I haven't felt motivated to work on the guide but it has been quite a while and I still have a lot of work to put into it :p

michaelr

Squire
EPIC guide, very detailed and the reasoning behind chivalry and bushido skills just changed my game play. thanks for putting in the time

Xaman

Sorceror
Hello,

First of all, I want to congratulate you for the awsome guide! It is literally a BIBLE!

I would like to know whats your recommended stats? Str-Dex-Mana, with not jewels or any bufs

Indika

Sorceror
Hello,

First of all, I want to congratulate you for the awsome guide! It is literally a BIBLE!

I would like to know whats your recommended stats? Str-Dex-Mana, with not jewels or any bufs

well, my sampires are 120/125/10. my reason is I run int and mana increase items to increase my mana to 40.

make sure u have about 30 mana and 155+ stamina. 163+ is the true goal for stamina.

once u have this put the rest into STR/hit points

HakJa

Sorceror
Indika is awesome great horrible master of warrior, one of the best i've ever seen

His understanding is wide but also deep, large but also precise

I couldn't help recognizing that I'd been a deficient warrior after I met in game and played a little together with him

of course this bible will be very helpful to warriors

he is enough to be a leader of warrior,, admirable admirable

Indika

Sorceror
Indika is awesome great horrible master of warrior, one of the best i've ever seen

His understand is wide but also deep, large but also precise

I couldn't help recognizing that I'd been a deficient warrior after I met in game and played a little together with him

thank u for the kind words... I had a nice time hunting with u the other day :D

also I changed part of the guide where I said I couldn't solo putrifier. I have started successfully soloing him.

I also solo dreadhorn flawlessly every time now.

I have made 10 solo attempts at Melisande with a few good attempts but haven't been able to successfully solo her yet :(

I also changed my stats to have 130 hp, 157 stam, and 77 mana. I lost 15 hp but the increase in mana has been way more beneficial

Indika

Sorceror
Hey indika,
You use pixie swatter and wraith form with ss and curse weapon for dread horn?

no... I stay in vamp form and use my general purpose double axe to solo dreadhorn.

it takes 4 buttons to solo dreadhorn:
1: Counter Attack
2: Enforce Primary(Double Strike)
3: Divine Fury
4: Enemy of one

Grimrog

Sorceror
fucking irk is tough as hell...once he starts healing it takes ages to kill him .... how you do it the fastest way and what is the droprate for keys?

Indika

Sorceror
fucking irk is tough as hell...once he starts healing it takes ages to kill him .... how you do it the fastest way and what is the droprate for keys?

to be honest I usually honor Irk and also tank the spiders, and possibly the other two changelings if I have to, simultaneously. I use counter attack and whirlwind to bring it all down. Tank as much as u can as possible (even the non-named spiders and quagmire's, etc) while using counterattack and spamming whirlwind. Think of the little monsters as free health from leeching back in vamp form and remember sampire does best while using whirlwind :D

I don't know the exact drop rate for keys but sometimes it takes a long time

Indika

Sorceror
New Update 12/7/13!!

Brief discussion on Spawning and General Purpose double axes. Which are the two staple axes for a sampire to have. Once u have these two weapon, everything else is extra :p

Dreadhorn is so easy to solo :p I no longer have to take a step and it takes 4 (really 3) buttons to solo him.

TheRealPhil

Sorceror
A

His understanding is wide but also deep, large but also precise

What a brown nose..... Indikas head is big enough without u adding to it

Indika

Sorceror
What a brown nose..... Indikas head is big enough without u adding to it

ur just jealous i can play the game and u cant ;)

btw everyone phil is my sampire apprentice. he is almost as good as me. but just like the sith in star wars, one day he will assassinate me to take my place :)