UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thieves and Thievery: The Guide.

T

TeKon

Re: Thieves and Thievery: The Absolute Guide.

When using the skill snooping, will you go grey? or can you do this without worry to raise your skill?

esadfsfd

Wanderer

stealing doesnt grows i train it with pack lama, all by the scince, but it has 51.7 (i choosed like start skill) and it doesnt works

Arend;1500625 said:
Couple questions:

Do you still go perma from stealing from Reds?

Is tracking still over-powered/steal underpowered?

I haven't really played since December.

And people, it's thief not theif.

You may steal from reds and criminals without suffering any penalty other than pissing them off. My favorite thing to do is run up to a red and attack him, disarm, and steal his weapon.

Tracking with 0 real skill can still find a hidden character. I have hiding and stealth and I've never really had an encounter that I couldn't get away from.

esadfsfd;1507019 said:
stealing doesnt grows i train it with pack lama, all by the scince, but it has 51.7 (i choosed like start skill) and it doesnt works

steal from a box on the ground in a secluded area or house, start with long spear till 75 then switch to executioners axe. you'll be GM in no time. (Found in guides section under comprehensive skills or something)

ManaScrew987

Wanderer

TeKon;1505309 said:
When using the skill snooping, will you go grey? or can you do this without worry to raise your skill?

you can snoop at britain bank! snooping doesn't make you go gray

You mean: "Can u make a lot of money with stealing?"

No. Not really.

You can steal items, and re-sell them or whatever, and maybe once in a while u'll find a really sweet deal, like someone puts a check in a bag and u lift the bag.

But in general, it's a slow grind.

I do it for the action, and the fun. And sometimes the satisfaction of ruining some asshole's day by taking their shit.

I have 120k on my thief i've made in two months. 90% from stealing off players.

The way u really make money is from looting corpses dropped by reds or factioners. U go grey, but u get alot of shit.

esadfsfd

Wanderer

for looting corpses u should know where they are and usually its already looted :D

AEIownU

Wanderer

Well i have stolen about 5 vanqs including a vanq hammer and vanq katana in a real short time... but i dont think those are worth a lot here so as far as making money i dont know...
i do it out of boredom :)

U

Unregistered

How is it possible for me to go grey from stealing from grey monsters?

Why the fuck is it that when I die people can freely attack me in town and not get guard killed?

I can't be permagrey since I was dead for over two minutes.

Lemina

Wanderer

How lucrative is a theif on this server the only semi successful ones I've seen are at idocs

Lemina;1528850 said:
How lucrative is a theif on this server the only semi successful ones I've seen are at idocs

I made my first 250k with my thief. 70% was from stealing hard cash, and magic items, and selling to npc vendors since I don't have a use for any magic shit cept spears and bows.

Depending on how strong the magic on the item the more it will sell for. I keep all power and vanqs tho in the hope of one day pawning them off to some punter.

the other 30% I earned from scavenging (both literally the scavenge agent (bones/aids/arrows/bolts/empty bottles/gold/cotton/regs and picking up lesser magic items people dump at banks) and looting. On a thief you are naturally adept of criminal acts. Get good at cleaning out a corpse, aim for magic items/armor/weapons/regs/aids/pots and then anything else in that order. When you see a blue or red or whoever come near, hide. Wait for an opportune moment, or make one with the stealth skill, and slip away.

When looting, always hold down the control+shift buttons. This makes all items have a large tag which you can easily grab them in a hurry, and negates the amount confirmation gump when you click on a stackable item, great for reg looting.

Whenever you see reds roll by, hide, then slip around them and go to all the bodies they just ganked. Often they will only pause for a second to grab...god knows that from a downed body before moving on to kill the next victim, you loot their kills. Justice methinks.

Also, to maximize your effectiveness in the field, take a page from me. I have only lost one of these bags 2 times, once to server crash and once to poor placement in Del. To save time and trips, especially when you turn grey, hide a pouch behind a house or in some secluded area 2-3 screens from your hunting grounds. Then, book it there whenever you steal something, and stash it. A good thief never dies with anything lootable on him. You should always die and be a naked, empty body when you do.

Then, when the bag is full and you've had your fun, upon next death/rez when you turn true-blue, go back, get bag, and high-tail it to the bank. Also, keep a refresh pot (specially if you stun/disarm thief) and a couple orange pots for poison, you can easily run buy, hit ctrl+Shift open pouch and chug and run off without your pursuer being any the wiser.

Poison > than hiding.

I do it for the fun. Not the money.

rottman65

Wanderer

I have a question. I worked along time to get my stealing to 60 ( to join the thieves guild) Nobody mentioned this but apparently if you build your hiding and snooping up first (I'm a grandmaster Rogue) Vandoren will not let you join. He tells me I must be at least a Journeyman Pickpocket. Anybody know a fix without me lowering my hiding and snooping? Thanks

That's bullshit, I had GM stealth and hiding and 60.1 stealing when I joined.

You may not be old enough (7 days) or experienced enough (40 hours ingame).

AFK hidden overnight a few times. Then join.

And GM stealing, it's not hard.