UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thieves and Thievery: The Guide.

Xeno:P

Wanderer
Re: Thieves and Thievery: The Absolute Guide.

Khahan;1373674 said:
If you steal from a grey or red there are no penalties, you don't go grey, you don't go perma. It's a freebie!

If you steal from a blue, two things happen.

1. You go grey to the person you stole from until you die.
2. You go permagrey to everyone, but you actually show up to them as blue, until you die.

So Permagrey = everyone seeing you as blue, but actually you are grey and freely attackable.

A good trick is if you are permagrey and get attacked and manage to get away, quickly find a way to get yourself killed, and go back to the bank with the exact same appearance. Chances are good they will still assume you are permagrey. Bam they get guard whacked and you have a grey corpse to loot.

On this server there are a ton of reds. You constantly see them in Vesper. They don't stand still for long, but you can always snag shit off of them as they run by and you don't even have to be in the thieves guild, or worry at all about permagrey. Same with greys.

Ah okay, thanks, that helped clarify a few things :)

DiegoWagno

Wanderer

I trainined a thief recently and before the 40 hours and really before the 7 days to join the guild i GMED all the 7 skills (stealing, snooping,hiding,stealth,meditation,eval,magery)... i'm just thinking if it is too easy to do that or if i found a easy way to do it??? so i had to wait about 12 hours and some days to join the guild and i was already done with the thief...

I'm thinking 2 things!!! Or they make harder to up the thiefs skills or they make less time to join the damned guild!!!...

something like 24 hours in game and 3 days in real life!!!

Oh!... and if less than 40 hours is an easy way to train thief plz tell me and i put what i did!!!!... if it is normal just talk about the time we need to wait to join the guild!

Khahan

Wanderer

This server has fast gains. We've all gone through OSI's grind, and would rather get a character done and playable this year.

U

Unregistered

were is Vandoren

U

Unregistered

what can i steal beside reagents? ;/

Na0cho

Wanderer

ok i got to page 9 and didnt read the whole thing so dont flame if someone said this already:

to get to buried pouches ive always done this and i checked it STILL works here on uogamers while your dragging the book hit arm/disarm hotkey in razor this delays the return of the book allowing you to dbl click the pouch and also if you spam or hold the button eventually it tmakes it dissapear to get to things stacked a few items deep maybe there is a science to it to make them dissapear easier but i can only seem to do it when i hold the key or spam it

D

Dellers

cba to trawl through the last 15 pages. someone earlier posted that there was a UO Gamers Stratics page or something. anyone got a link?

really nice guide btw im a total nub when it comes to UO i played some freeshards about 4 years ago but never really got serious so i still have no idea what im rly doing.

ive always been fascinated by theives and this guide has just made things 500% easier for me to get to grips with one so much love =]

HELPFUL HINT!

Brit GY is grueling at times and after stealing from 5+ people within a short time you're fairly know target and easily targeted. My thief doesn't have magery or any combat skills...I just run, hide, sneak away if I got to (tho I do have to dismount).

But since I don't want to run to the bank to drop my goodies i've developed a neat trick to maximize profits even after an unfortunate death (it's rare, but it happens).

After I steal a trapped pouch on accident or whatever I always run off to a few select houses and hide the pouch on the ground where it won't be noticed by passing people (not that there's alot of traffic a screen or two away from the GY). Then I throw each steal into there til I get a fair haul and then I run into town throw it in bank and im home free, disguise and run back. I'm still grey, and eventually SOMEONE will get a para-gank on me...but when they loot my body will have nothing on it.

Cause if I just stole from you, you're not getting your shit back ;)

Tomox2

Wanderer

My thief is mixed with fencing.
Paralizing blow against mages is amazing. makes it easier to get next to them snoop their stuff and find what you want, and steal it.

Note: This is AFTER they are already trying to kill you. As a further note, I'd make a quick disarm hotkey with razor, mine is F1, right next to F2 which is stealing for me. The best part of this is, spears cost about 100gold from a weaponsmith, or if you're good you can steal ingots from a miner(for jerks) and trade them back to them if they'll make you more spears, they get skill gain, you get spears.

John K

Wanderer

Question :

I'm not sure if it's been answered yet... but I just made a thief yesterday.

I already have him at GM Stealing, Stealth, Snooping, Hiding, Magery.

I saw the 7 days / 40 hours...

Is it BOTH? Or one or the other?

double.think

Wanderer

Is there any way to get around the 7d/40h thing? My thief is 99% finished and I'd hate having to wait for 6 days to start playing him.

I dont know about you guys, but something is wrong with the last target shit.

I double click someones profile, target their bag, then go up and snoop them with last target. That works fine. But when im close, and dbl click a bag inside their main bag (box, pouch, whatever) it SHOULD set that new bag to last target. SO if i walk away, and walk up again, use last target, it should open up that small pouch, not just their main bag.

This is how it was on OSI. Does that not work here or what>???

God I love stealing. I bought a pvp thief best character ever.!!!! Rant!!! I love stealing. Yes!. Mage thief is fun. My thief tip is use arch protection when fighting dexxers. 11ar helps out. I normally don't wear armor on my thief unless i loot it.

yes, BUT! a dexxer thief also pwns. All you need is 10 aids and a long spear, and u can steal, run, hide, fight, run, whatever. dont have to worry about losing regs