UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tournament Tonight

Galgum

Page
The problem is, with a 30% chance to hit, they need like 125 dex to hit fast enough which doesn't leave much room for anything else. A tank has a good chance I guess, but they'd have to waste their mana on surviving the first dump and pray they can break the other guy's RA and hope they don't recast it immediately. It's just hard to make headway unless you're a pure mage. Also, scribery and poison skills make it hard for a restricted melee to do damage.

M

Mark

Galgum said:
The problem is, with a 30% chance to hit, they need like 125 dex to hit fast enough which doesn't leave much room for anything else. A tank has a good chance I guess, but they'd have to waste their mana on surviving the first dump and pray they can break the other guy's RA and hope they don't recast it immediately. It's just hard to make headway unless you're a pure mage. Also, scribery and poison skills make it hard for a restricted melee to do damage.

30% chance to hit? With both attacker and defender using GM weapon skills the chance to hit is 50%

125 dex? Pray they don't mindblast you. A good dexxer should have enough mana to cure and heal occasionally to fill in the blanks that bandages leave.

RA has the same delay as magic reflection when it is broken.

Potions such as greater heal and greater cure cannot be allowed because it adds an economic dispairity between contenders. Refreshes are allowed because they are a key element of both dexxer and stun mage templates.

With all that being said, congradulations to SiR JiT for winning this evenings tournament. Syko came in a close second place, with GeoX taking third.

A big thank you to all who participated.

Hazard1

Wanderer
Yea thats why sir Jit wone right :rolleyes: stupid wining here tanks with concussion can ruin any pure mage, once you survive the first dump you probably wone. I dont care how much anyone bitches but i dont think somone clicking and chasing his opponent around while clicking his bandage macro form time to time is any skill at all. Bottom line is, dexxers are easy to play but they suck, mages are harder but if used well they can be alot more powerfull.

The wining here is really ridiculus :mad:

victor70

Wanderer
Mages templates have already a big advantage over warrior templates.
If a Mage lose over a warrior then there is something wrong.
The poisoned or magical weapons are just a little chance for a warrior to fight back.
If you mages dont like that just go to the 5x tournaments and stay home for the 7x so you can let the warriors play this game too.

-Arthur

victor70

Wanderer
125 dexterity is nothing in a tournament where you cannot use red potions.
Every spell drain both life and stamina... It's like if every hit with a weapon would take life and mana... :/

Galgum

Page
Mark said:
30% chance to hit? With both attacker and defender using GM weapon skills the chance to hit is 50%

125 dex? Pray they don't mindblast you. A good dexxer should have enough mana to cure and heal occasionally to fill in the blanks that bandages leave.

Potions such as greater heal and greater cure cannot be allowed because it adds an economic dispairity between contenders. Refreshes are allowed because they are a key element of both dexxer and stun mage templates.

I did a test with fonis on chance to hit, I exaggerated the 30%, it was around 43%. We did 4 sets of 40 hits, each time around 43%, or a little more or little less. Magic Reflect and RA do have the same timer, I know this, but there have been instances where I've been able to recast it RIGHT after it was broken. 125 dex? No kidding, mb would own him. I never said shit about pots, so that comment is not gonna be argued with. I simply think the restriction of the weapons was crap, and the restriction of Magic Reflect, which would have balanced it out. Question though, I know not all melees suck, so how many made the top 5 in the tournament?

Hazard1

Wanderer
A good dexxer can do wonders in the field, can easly give a decent mage a run for its money. Dexxers just dont belong in duels they never have, they never will.

Galgum

Page
Hazard1 said:
A good dexxer can do wonders in the field, can easly give a decent mage a run for its money. Dexxers just dont belong in duels they never have, they never will.

And why's that?

Because dexxers rely on speed and mobility to take a mage down. On the field, dexxers rely more on pots then mages. My dexxer has 40 mana, which is quite a bit for most. The 40 mana isnt really enough to cure, It barely covers a couple gheals. Warriors rely on pots to win, warriors rely on the speed and mobility of a mount.

C

Cricket

Dexxers shouldn't duel.

It's boring to watch and annoying to fight against.

~C

Phantom16

Wanderer
Mark said:

With all that being said, congradulations to SiR JiT for winning this evenings tournament. Syko came in a close second place, with GeoX taking third.

A big thank you to all who participated.

ok, let me ask you a few questions....

why should i have to use magic?..... i dont feel that its a must have, potions are in the game to give dexers a beter heal/cure capabitly, insted of using magic.....

and as for RA.... you want me to break that shit fast?..... im an archer! i shoot slow as hell, i miss over 50% of the time, and RA dose more dmg to me then it dose to them!!!!

i think its bullshit how people say potions dont belong in duels.....
i have to disarm, drink a potion, and rearm just to cure.... all a mage has to do is hit a fuckign button, or let EasyUO do all the work....

so all in all, you sent a pure archer into a dueling ring with some bandages and a GM bow...... damn, it was so fair to....

..... good job sir jit....

Hazard1

Wanderer
if you wanna win the tourney dont use a pure archer... almost like saying, wtf why dont you give my tailor a fucking chance to win this tourney. Archery is the most amazing thing to watch in a duel :rolleyes: actually looks like the doods afk whe hes fighting, and auto attack is doing all the work, get some magery/alchemy change your template around maybe youll last a bit longer. Just because you loose all the time doesnt mean the rules have to be changed.

Any decent tank can give a mage a run for the money.

As for pure dexers, they shouldn't expect to win vs. a mage, because the mage is in a whole higher class than a warrior. Warriors should consider themselves lucky when dropping a mage in a 1v1 fight, and that's all there is to say about it.

I'm sorry your favorite character is not the strongest character in the game, but in every game, a mage is greater than a warrior.

I've known some great warriors, who have destroyed mages in the field on a constant basis, and it's all because of being well equipped. In UOGamer's duel system, potions are turned off, therefore making pure warriors pretty much useless. Big fucking deal, make a tank if you like weapons so much.

SiR JiT is one of the best tanks I've ever seen, and it shows due to his constant victory versus some of the better mages on the shard.

I'm sure alot of you get frusted not being able to duel on a warrior, but that's life. Suck it up, and get over it.

There's not much you can say to respond to this post but:
"The rules suck, change them" , or "I shouldn't have to play a mage, yadda yadda".

This game was not made to balance every character out vs. eachother, it was made for character to slay monster. Archers play their role, warriors play their role, and Mages have their role. When someone had the idea to fight another character, UO did not change, the players adapted to the new environment of dueling, and pking.

So your character isn't a strong dueler? Probably because he's strong in other categories. Make a character that is a good dueling template, if you wish to duel. But do not whine all day because the character you made cannot hold his own in a duel.

Rebuttle with what you wish, but the facts are the facts.

Galgum

Page
Most of you have missed the point I made a few pages ago. Regardless of whether you think a dexer is boring or not is irrelevant. I think watching mages is boring, same shit over and over, but that's also irrelevant. It's also irrelevant if you think dexers don't belong in duels/field combat. It's a character class that's going to be used whether you like it or not and whether you want to admit it or not, it's just as hard to be a dexer as it is to be a decent mages. My question was never answered: How many dexers made the top 5 yesterday in the tournament?

My Point was, you took away a melee's advantage and let the mage keep theirs. If's like, you a take a soldier's machine gun away and give them a musket while the guy he's trying to shoot has a shield. You think that's fair?

Ironfist Max, SiR JiT.. both tanks.

Dexers didn't make it far, because the rules pretty much didn't allow for it. But why don't you just ask for a dexer tourny, if you really want to do a tourny with your warrior character.

Mages are the majority, and those who still like dexers, play tanks to compete.

Adapt and overcome.

KiloSix

Wanderer
galgum we better take out BP too, put in dp, have pots and give those lame aos extra attacks to warriors only....JUST TO MAKE IT FAIR...

Phirehawk
"Dexers didn't make it far, because the rules pretty much didn't allow for it."

fucking exactly....if they are going to have a free for all OPEN tournament where ANYONE can sign up....allow any fighting class to have a CHANCE at winning.

by the way id like to point out im not trying to get anything changed from this tourny or anything in the game, just pointing out the ruleset was a bit unfair to begin with and should be considered in all upcomeing tournys. unless of course the tourny is for a specific class