UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO Gamers Wallpaper contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Serax's however there is only one problem with it from my perspective: Backgrounds should not be "busy" because you have tons of Icons in the background etc. and it should be calming and soothing to your eyes: not so busy :0

2slick4u said:
Brushes and filters don't count as art.
Edit: To some my post up in a few simple words: Sure it does.
I'm not trying to be a complete prick about this, but I feel you have no ground to stand on with that statement. I aslo feel as if I should stand up for whom you are criticising here.

Now I must say, this is sharp. Yet in my opinion, as valid as yours, a few simple lines with stolen images of flags is not entirely artistic. On the contrary, I do refer to it as art. Why? To answer this we must go down to the basics of what really makes us human, and what art really is. Creation.

Look at your car with those stylish, trendy lines. Look at the curvature of the door panels, the lines that took months if not years of drawing, sculpting, creating. All for what? To be destroyed one day, when it finally quits running from lack of care and education on the matter.

That vehicle, no matter the make, model or year was art at some point in time. It still is art, you just don't see it.
Even some squiggly line created by some kid in Idaho is art. He created that.

What about the logo for AOL, as much as I hate AOL, that is art. That is nothing more than a few lines, connected at 45 degree angles.

Oh, here a good one. How about those collages you and your classmates created back in 6th grade, is that art? Sure, it may not look good, but all in all it is most certainly art.

To a zoologist a finger painting done by a chimp is art.

Please, Slick. Up until this point I thought of your work as quite stunning. Although, ever since you made me think about how much effort is really involved on these desktop images, with your statement and eyeing the sig you made for Ryan. I still think your work is good, yet not much effort seems to be put into it. Is it the K.I.S.S. method of art that appeals to you the most? Should I draw a yellow line for you, slap a flag and some text with a fancy font on it and call it good? In your opinion, would this be art, Slick?

To the opposite side of what I just said, you have a point Slick. Filters are on the border line of art. Lazy art, if you will. Brushes, on the other hand. Well, some one has to make the strokes, am I right?

This took me approximately 4 hours with the use of a warp brush, using PSP 9.
No filters, one stolen flag, and a lot of hand movement and undoing.
According to you this isn't art, right?

Sorry, just struck a chord with me I guess...I'm done now, back to fun.
Make a desktop image for us, Slick. Please, show us your artistic ways. Your superior art.:)

Serax-hybrid

Wanderer
2slick4u said:
Brushes and filters don't count as art.

My second wallpaper.

Yeah, so I got bored and drew a picture and *tried* to make it into a wallpaper. I'm not sure if it came out right, it's kinda blurry cause my scanner isn't working so I had to use my digi camera instead.

Megumi

Wanderer
I Love how the pool effect sorta looks like wings on Mike's, the simplicity of Serax's, and just generally like Punkers'

Made it easier to show which i liked :p

Booshnig, your's is really good, just fix the misspelling..lol.

Mike, that last one's good; the only thing I'd do is move the logo and text up some so peoples' taskbars don't go right through it.

zero-hybrid

Unreasonable
I'm going ot let this run for a few more days so everyone gets a chance to submit one and then I'll post the top few to vote on.

Status
Not open for further replies.