UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update again..

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Update again..

So this is more updating than I've done in months... I know.

We experienced two crashes this morning. We've put some code in place to hopefully eliminate one of the crashes however we have to catch the other crash in the debugger.

Right now the shard is loaded into a debugger to assist us in capturing anything that will cause a crash. This could (but not likely) cause a pause in the world from time to time. I doubt you'll ever see that this box is incredibly fast and there's virtually no overhead to what we're doing.

Sorry for the crashes... I'm sure its something I messed up at one point or another! Krrios and Mark are on the ball though... we're all watching the debugger and Krrios and Mark are coding as needed.

Thanks,
Ryan

bigbadmatt

Sorceror
Re: Update again..

There is a little pause onece in a while but that is fine better than crashing. You guys Rock and keep up the good work

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Jesus The Remix said:

Luck is not needed.

Two of the best developers in the world are working on this... and that's the bottom line.

grkig

Sorceror

Thanks for the update Ryan, is it the debugger causing the lagspikes from time to time?

ok then no luck, but you guys are pretty awesome considering i probly kno .0000000000000001% about computers as you guys know

Mara

Knight

Drink a keg of guiness after all this is over. All by yourself. You deserve it. I don't, but Im gonna anyway.

Mara

Knight

Me neither, but if it is, it's generally because I did something stupid. Take the good with the bad I guess.

Mara

Knight

gross, mine was just an analogy.

Eh, woops. Please disregard then. Forget I mentioned it.

Kid Chaos

Wanderer

I tested my pauses by running around the Provisioners in Brit. Both times I ran around it paused 3x each lap. My ping is average 65 so I'm not sure if thats good or not but it averages out to about 1 pause every 5 seconds.

uolamerdev

Sorceror

Ryan said:
So this is more updating than I've done in months... I know.

We experienced two crashes this morning. We've put some code in place to hopefully eliminate one of the crashes however we have to catch the other crash in the debugger.

Sounds like fun in a software with hunders - thousands of users performing all kind of actions simultaneously, any of which has the potential to be a part of the combination of events that lead up to the crash.

And you do need a little of luck(if you want to call it that) just so that the same actions that caused the initial crash, do ocurr again as you are watching and debugging it. :(