UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update on hardware upgrade, and system move.

R

Ryan

Update on hardware upgrade, and system move.

Ok guys...

Our hardware ugprade and re-location has been a little more bumpy that I had hoped for.

As it stands right now we are moving to a Tier 1 provider in Chicago. Our new bandwidth provider will be Level 3 Communications (www.level3.com).

The hardware has also changed.

We are not going to be using any Opterons.

We picked up a very nice Dell Poweredge 6850.

This server is a Quad Intel Xeon MP 3.2 with EMT64, 8 Gigs of RAM and 4 73 gig 15,000 RPM Drives running RAID 10.

This shows our commitment to UO Gamers. Our new datacenter required us to sign a one year contract, thus we will be providing you service for a long time to come.

In honor of this (and the enormous setup fee) we will be running a major donation drive. Just to show the costs of what we have:

PE6850: $7,500.00 (typically this is $14,391.00)
Level3 Setup: $3,500.00
Level3 Monthly: Not yet determined.

Please note, we got a hell of a deal on the server you will be palying on, its ultra redundant and provides the best possible platfrom for you guys to play on.

Once the move is complete, we will be getting pictures of our entire setup for everyone to see :)

Thanks,
Ryan

Nice job Ryan.

even tho i wont be able to play UOGamers for awhile.... a long while... im still gona donate.

when do you guys need the donations in by?

PhoenixDIE

Wanderer
Yo

Hey Ryan....just a question...what you mean donation drive? you gonna be adding some things to the uog store? or makeing something cheaper for a 1 time deal or anything...?
Or you just asking people to donate to help out at a time of need....im not compaining..just wondering what to expexct.... thx for all the upgrades..its awsome to know we have someone who is working to help the shard:) heheh... peace out..

Ryan create a I helped Make the Server better item out in the donation store for people that donate a big qty of money tat should get the trammies involved :)

PhoenixDIE said:
where is this item..dont see it there..unless your saying it is auto given to you when you donate a large amount?

No i was sayin that is what he should do.. He probably means he needs a ton of people to donate so that he can pay for it.. Nothing special in it just the fact that now we can have a better server and game play

You guys were in TX before right? Will this mean being in Chicago I'll lag more being from Cali? I'm happy you guys are upgrading finally :) Well, I've only been here for 3 months, but I've donated quite a little so it's nice to see you're keeping your word on the upgrade :)

GO UOG