UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update on hardware upgrade, and system move.

R

Ryan

Event Horizon said:
You guys were in TX before right? Will this mean being in Chicago I'll lag more being from Cali? I'm happy you guys are upgrading finally :) Well, I've only been here for 3 months, but I've donated quite a little so it's nice to see you're keeping your word on the upgrade :)

GO UOG

Hey man...

I appreciate your support and everything but I think your sig is crossing the line...

My friend just got really pissed at me because he saw this post and is married to a black woman... I'm all for jokes but I think this is a little over the top.

duxwig

Wanderer
I could have swore in IRC you said something about a Quad Operton, unless you were talking about the new rebirth machine....

Ryan said:
We picked up a very nice Dell Poweredge 6850.

This server is a Quad Intel Xeon MP 3.2 with EMT64, 8 Gigs of RAM and 4 73 gig 15,000 RPM Drives running RAID 10.
No joke, I got half a stalk reading that.

You guys ****ing OWN. I could never be disappointed with this shard, and the service you provide, but god damn, it's stuff like this that makes me happy to donate, happy to defend you if players or other shards talk ****, and happy to play here.

I can't say enough... I truly appreciate the gift of gaming that you provide. Thankyou.

duxwig

Wanderer
Amen on the no lag-chicago thing.
I ping great to the current server and chicago is only 2 hours away from me :D

ChuckR

Page
That would be kinda neat to see how active and how much our donations actually contribute to the shard... :/

Kinda just show how much we are pulling together and what help we can provide.

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror
Oh my jesus. Ryan that is a sweet server. Chicago huh? Well thats less lag for the majority of the shard lol. This is nice, do you know when this move will take effect? I wanna be around when it happends!

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>ping www.level3.com

Pinging www.level3.com [209.245.19.42] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 209.245.19.42: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=115
Reply from 209.245.19.42: bytes=32 time=64ms TTL=115
Reply from 209.245.19.42: bytes=32 time=61ms TTL=115
Reply from 209.245.19.42: bytes=32 time=64ms TTL=115

Ping statistics for 209.245.19.42:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 61ms, Maximum = 64ms, Average = 63ms

Pinging login.uogamers.net [67.15.136.121] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 67.15.136.121: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=117
Reply from 67.15.136.121: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=117
Reply from 67.15.136.121: bytes=32 time=49ms TTL=117
Reply from 67.15.136.121: bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=117

Ping statistics for 67.15.136.121:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 48ms, Maximum = 52ms, Average = 50ms

------------------------------------------------------------

Not to bad of a jump for me just 10 - 14ms! I like it, plus with that server i wont even notice that jump cause it will be so smooooooth. Wewt!

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror
Why does everyone have to flame? From me posting my ping statics to a WEBSITE not even the actual server was just a test to see what i could expect not an actual expectation. I was just expressing my optimism of the new server. But you on the otherhand have to flame people for their excitement. Man, please stop it right here we dont need this.

drarum, that would of been a good estimation as to what to expect but the server that host www.level3.com is located in Broomfield, Colorado and not Chicago.