UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Welcome Demise

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Welcome Demise

Speedy walks into the tavern once more. He has been doing his best to keep the dust at bay and the windows clean. The ale is always cold but by the end of the day, his spirits are dampened as no one seems to be showing. Vik has been gone for a while and Speedy has learned a thing or two about cooking sausage on the open fire.... although the few customers that have come in have left rather disappointed in his culinary lack of expertise.

He looks around again, pulling the apron over his head and tieing it behind his back. He picks up the broom and slowly sweeps, wondering where time has went and where his friends have gone.

Bjorg

Wanderer
Re: Welcome Demise

*bursting through the doors of the tavern, Wrongway stumbles to the bar*

*looking around for Vic and not seeing him, his eyes settle on Speedy*

Ah, Speedy... glad you're here. Give me scotch... straight up... and keep em coming.

*burying his head in his hands, Wrongway's shoulders are shaking... as if maybe he is sobbing*

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Paniced at the site of his distressed friend, Speedy rattled around the bottles looking for just the right one. He rushes over to Wrongway and slaps it down on the table alongside an empty glass. "What's wrong?"

Bjorg

Wanderer

*sobs* it's my brother... he's dead!
The Bas*@#*$ killed him!
*grabs the bottle of scotch bypassing the glass and begins drinking from the bottle*
*slamming the bottle down on the counter Wrongway's eyes have a wild look in them behind the tears*
They killed Bjorg... and I don't know why...
but I intend to find out... and I will kill anyone or anything that gets in my way!
*drinks from the bottle again... holding the bottle in one hand Wrongway reaches for the glass... bumping it with his hand and sending it crashing to the floor. Continuing as if nothing happened, he drinks from the bottle again*

Speedy... I'm going to find out... and when I do...

*turning towards the door where a cockroach is crawling up the facing, Wrongway draws his dagger and sends it flying across the room pinning the cockroach to the wall... hilt quivering in the dim light*

That, is what I'll do to them!!!

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Speedy fumbles his way back around the bar, completely shocked at the news wrongway just shared. He grabs another bottle and takes it to the table. "So... sheesh, wrong way... I'm so sorry to hear this. Any idea who or what?"

Ripster

Sorceror

Outside, the sound of a metallic clanging can be heard - and through the now clean windows of the tavern a feminine figure is seen approaching on an armored swamp dragon.

Bjorg

Wanderer

Yeah, a traitor, Grim. *spits on the floor at the mention of his name.*

Stuck Bjorg with a poison dagger...

We found his mutilated body yesterday...

The Order caught up with Grim and killed him before I had a chance to question him. *sighs*

Beyond that, attempts to revive my brother have failed. The Cleric who witnessed the attack, says it might be possible to revive him... but we have to slay a great beast and recover a stone of soul binding.

Next week we will set out in search of this stone...

Ripster

Sorceror

The dragon comes to a stop out in front of the tavern, and it's rider dismounts - stumbling badly as she hits the ground. Wheeling about with a panicked look on her face she makes for the tavern door.

Bjorg

Wanderer

*snores*

Wrongway is slumped over the bar one hand still cradling the half empty bottle of scotch the other hand resting on the hilt of his dagger which he retrieved from the door frame.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Speedy looks up from his unconscious friend to the figure stepping through the door. He had never seen this person before and as it approached, Speedy realized it was that of a woman... He rushes to her side at the door and assists her as she comes in. He only wished Vic were here....

"Ma'am.... Ma'am? You ok?????"

Ripster

Sorceror

As she steps over the threshold, the young woman's eyes light on the slumped figure of WrongWay and her panicked demeanor visibly relaxes. She glances gratefully at the young man who's met her at the door, "Yes, thank you - I am now!"

Though the panic is gone she is still too pale and obviously distressed. Her clothing is rumpled and her honey blond hair is mussed and escaping it's coiled braids. She carries no weapons save a dagger at her belt and her pouch holds merely some books and cooking implements. Dust from the road coats her face and tears have washed clean paths down her cheeks.

She hurries to the side of the slumped Seeker, and upon seeing that he is in a drunken stupor and not ill or wounded, collapses into the chair nearest to him and begins to weep quietly. "Thank goodness!" She sobs into her hands, while the curious Swamp Dragon left outside peeks through the window to see where his mistress has gone in such a hurry.

Dunadain

Sorceror

Elassar walks back and forth outside the tavern, looking troubled. "Damned drow" he mumbles as he resolves to head into the tavern for some ale.

He takes no note of the people in the tavern and finds a spot in the corner alone.

Taking off his norse helm and sitting down his shield he nods to Speedy "Elassar's the name some ale if you don't mind"

Ripster

Sorceror

*glares at WrongWay angrily through her tears* "You inconsiderate lout, I've been looking for you! With Bjorg gone we can't afford to lose you too Robert! I..." she hastily corrects herself "We need you to lead the Seekers until this has been sorted out." She scrubs furiously at the tears on her face with her sleeve.

"What will I do if you get yourself hurt or worse yet killed as well, barreling off to do Gods know what in the name of vengence!"

Bjorg

Wanderer

*gets a big grin on his face and slurs his speech*
Welll... Maddie... *throws his arm around her shoulders*
I didn' knnnow you carrred.

*Kathump* *Wrongway falls backwards off the barstool and lays there in the floor laughing*

Ripster

Sorceror

She makes no move to assist the upended adventurer, shaking her head sadly. "Didn't know I cared?" she repeats quietly to herself, "I know." There is a sadness in her eyes as she turns away and stands, beginning to straighten her clothes and compose herself.

"You need to sober up Robert," she remarks aloud. "Barkeep? Do you have coffee on hand?"

Ripster

Sorceror

As Maddie tucks the loose peices of blond hair back into her braids and waits for the barkeeper to answer, she glances into the corner at Elassar and nods to him. She is familiar with his face and name from the Seeker's affiliation with the Order of Meiteid but they have never formally met.

As tidied as she can be after her search for WrongWay, Maddie returns to waiting for that coffee...

Dunadain

Sorceror

Elassar slowly rises from his seat and walks towards the man and woman. Chuckling as he steps over Wrongway, he steps towards Maddie. "Well met again m'lady. Name's Elassar" I think we need to get this one sobered up.... I have news that may have something to do with Bjorg's death...

Ripster

Sorceror

She grins wearily and offers a handshake in greeting, "Hail and well met Elassar, I am Mathilda Sjovold of the Seekers of Fortune," she inclines her head "You may call me Maddie."

"This one," she prods the still prostrate and laughing WrongWay in the ribs with the toe of her boot, "certainly is going to get sobered up, the more quickly the better." She sighs, "Can you help me get him back in his seat?"

Maddie turns to get a grip on WrongWay's upper arm and begins to haul him into a sitting position on the floor.