UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Where were you on 9/11/01?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brain-demise

Sorceror
Re: Where were you on 9/11/01?

I was in Lut Gholein. I was playing Diablo II when my friend called and asked if he could come over and watch cable TV because all his channels were breaking news. I didn't find out what the news was about until my mother came and told me.

LaRue

Squire

I was at work, I worked at the time as a Administratve Associate at the University of Missouri in the Archtectural Design School. What was so freaky abou that day was watching the students sit on the floor in my office around the tv and cry and to hear the professors keep saying the towers would not fall!!! It was a day that changed alot of lives.. Glad to see we are not forgetting how many people died that day!!! Great job starting this post!

lukin69

Knight

I was in my apartment, asleep. woke up and walked outside, and was troubled by the lack of airplanes in the sky. You never realize just how MANY airplanes are constantly in the air around the Dallas/Fort Worth area, until there arent any. Went inside and hit up fox news..'lo and behold.

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

This thread is to remember the tragedy that occurred on 9/11/2001. Any more attempts to derail or clutter this thread will not only result in post deletion but also in forum vacations.

Khephren

Knight

at work, then a collegue said to me ''man, come see this on the news, a small plane crashed in the world trade center'' at that time it was an accident... and supposedly a byplane.... then, we tuned in CNN live feed and the second plane went strait in... then all the employees at work were in that local.... then came all sorts of news... anyhow, people were troubled for the rest of the day... on my way back from work, the world was different... people were actually quiet in the subway and busses for a change... then I came home, called my mom and tuned in the news to get even more bad news....

sad day indeed, I don't think anyone will ever forget that day...

amen.

Conan22

Page

On school. The teacher told us, and in him opinion, as he said, he thought it was japaneses looking for vengeance after nuclear bomb. =S

Yes, he was crazy.

Blacula

Knight

At home (enjoying my day off) training a character in the bone knight room on Catskills. Someone typed ''a plane hit the pentagon!'' to which I replied ''bullsh*t, heal me newb!""

....people did and still do lie a lot on UO . :\

my brother and I were driving to school taking turns with the one hitter when they announced the first tower hit. for reasons unclear to this day public radio was on.

Two Wolves

Knight

I was at work that morning, doing television engineering for RCA at the time. There was come commotion going on that I was trying to ignore, people heading up to the front lobby where we had large size display sets and seating.

One of our materials scientists, Peter, a Russian national with a thick accent saw what was going on and came back down to the office area to get me. "Kwis", (my name is Chris) "kom zee, ve are under ottack!" You know the rest of the story.

Now I have a personal tradition of wearing black on 9/11.

Raw video, very raw, nicely presented by History Channel.
http://www.history.com/content/9-11/102-minutes

Howl

Sorceror

I was in my living room watching the news when the US government bombed their own country to rile hate against the Middle East and make an excuse to exploit them for oil.

@ home playing cs and wondering about that stupid movie that now was airing for couple of hourse with some big ass burning buildings over and over...

yes i first thought it was some crappy movie and later on i turned my tv off since i couldnt see that shit anymore ... i mean cmon it was horrible yes... but they aired that shit then for whole 2 weeks nonstop i missed so many good movies and tv series -.-'

Status
Not open for further replies.