UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Who wants to be used and abused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terron

Knight
Who wants to be used and abused?

Its that time again, ladies and gents. Time to hire a fresh new batch of counselors to help keep the ever-growing page queue to a minimum.

This job is not for the lazy, the weak or the casual player. The requirements of this job are those that can consistently put in a minimum of 8-10 active hours a week and have a firm grasp of the rules and game specifics regarding the shard.

A staff sponsor is optional, however, special weight will be given to all applications that have a staff sponsor. A staff sponsor is someone that you have known for a length of time that can vouch for your good behavior and knowledge of the shard.

All applications are to be emailed to address removed with the subject line of "Counselor Call - 09-26-06" and include the following information

1) The name of each account you own
2) The names of the characters you use most often
3) Your forum account name
4) Time (in months and years) you have spent playing UO and Hybrid
5) Time you can give weekly to staffing the shard. DO NOT OVERESTIMATE THIS NUMBER. IF YOU OVERESTIMATE THIS NUMBER AND ARE HIRED, YOU WILL BE FIRED BECAUSE YOU'RE A LIAR.
6) Time of day you can will be online, from the CST (-0600) timezone (morning, afternoon, 3pm - 9pm, midnite, etc)
7) Name of the staffmember who will be sponsoring you
8) Tell me in no more than 500 words why you think you are worthy to staff the largest UO freeshard.

I will not accept any applications after Tuesday, October 3rd 2006. I will start reviewing and calling people in for interviews the following Thursday. I will make my best attempt to contact everyone to let them know whether or not they were accepted, however, please do not send multiple applications trying to make sure I got it or not. Anyone submitting an application more than once will be rejected and laughed at.

Good luck to all.

Terron

Knight
Re: Who wants to be used and abused?

Apparently there is some confusion as to what a DASH is

A dash is also known as a hyphen

A dash is not an underscore

Terron

Knight

DO NOT PUT DOWN NAMES OF STAFFMEMBERS AS SPONSORS UNLESS YOU HAVE TALKED TO THEM AND THEY HAVE AGREED TO SPONSOR YOU

Saikron

Wanderer

What do counsellors do here? (Obviously not qualified to apply, just curious)

Filmont

Wanderer

Saikron said:
What do counsellors do here? (Obviously not qualified to apply, just curious)

Their main job is to answer pages in-game, and assist players with any problems they are having =)

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

Terron, are there any benefits to being a counsellor? I have often thought about becoming one, ive played for way too long and often find myself just sitting around with nothing to do due to lack of guildies on and i am quite knowledgable about UO, so what are the perks>?

Arminius

Wanderer

Steve Zissou said:
Terron, are there any benefits to being a counsellor? I have often thought about becoming one, ive played for way too long and often find myself just sitting around with nothing to do due to lack of guildies on and i am quite knowledgable about UO, so what are the perks>?

Why should it matter?

We do this for fun =)

Addicted

Disciple

I would think the benifit is knowing you are giving something back to the shard.

beelzebub

Knight

hey, im not the most knowledgable on the rules and everything, but i would be willing to learn.

im the same way, i play a lot and dont really do much, lol... so i wouldnt mind helping.

ive been wanting to be more active on the shard lately, so...

would it be worth trying?

Status
Not open for further replies.