UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Who wants to be used and abused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terron

Knight
Re: Who wants to be used and abused?

Steve Zissou said:
Terron, are there any benefits to being a counsellor? I have often thought about becoming one, ive played for way too long and often find myself just sitting around with nothing to do due to lack of guildies on and i am quite knowledgable about UO, so what are the perks>?
thats not a bad question

staffing a shard is one of those things you do when the game itself starts to go on the decline. By no means are you tired of it, but just want something more.. staffing is it. Its your chance to give back to help people. Perks? Not many to speak of as a counselor. Its a very tedious job really.. if you can't handle people asking you 432789 questions and then perhaps tellign you to "go fuck yourself" when you answer wrong, then its not the job for you.

Terron

Knight

beelzebub said:
hey, im not the most knowledgable on the rules and everything, but i would be willing to learn.

im the same way, i play a lot and dont really do much, lol... so i wouldnt mind helping.

ive been wanting to be more active on the shard lately, so...

would it be worth trying?
only if you enjoy helping others and answering 4237890 questions

Is prior knowledge of the actual commands required? I'd like to apply, and I know a good amount about UO, but I have no clue of any of the commands used by staff.

Possibly a silly question but one I'd like to know the answer to.

Terron

Knight

Woodeye said:
Is prior knowledge of the actual commands required? I'd like to apply, and I know a good amount about UO, but I have no clue of any of the commands used by staff.

Possibly a silly question but one I'd like to know the answer to.
its a plus but it is not required since I train all new counselors

Fain

Sorceror

Terron said:
A staff sponsor is optional, however, special weight will be given to all applications that have a staff sponsor. A staff sponsor is someone that you have known for a length of time that can vouch for your good behavior and knowledge of the shard.

Thought I'd point that out - a lot of people seem to think a sponsor is mandatory.

selo

Wanderer

Fain said:
Thought I'd point that out - a lot of people seem to think a sponsor is mandatory.

Vouch for me? Or I'll steal your couch.

Vertiglug

Knight

ok ok, so I think I might try out, maybe I got a chance, been a member of Uo for quite some time and people seem to kinda like me on the forums. This job is no pay thou right or is it actually a payed job, I thought the payed jobs were a joke, if the postion is actually paid I would be very pleased and very surprised. I however like to answer questions and do so on a regular basis. People Email and Aim me for answers to in game question as much as 20 times a day. Sure mush less but hey. Also it is fun cause I can offer much to the shard and can play a minimal of 30 hours a week. I play this game an amzing amount of time. Thou I hear that the perks are very small, thou this doesn't bother me. Also how is it determined when a C Becomes a GM, thou i should take the commands one at a time, just a question. Maybe I'm getting for to over myself, I still haven't applied and I am just hoping for the best. Thanks for any help and if I could get a sponser that would be awesome. I see that alot of GMs kinda know me and know that I have been a somewhat valauble sorce to the shard. Thanks for everything and can't wait to apply.

Sorry for writing a ver long piece, I didn't mean too, just kinda wen off, thou if I could get a sponser it would be ver awesome, thanks for everything and hopefully I hear from somebody, I already Pmed Filmont hoping that since I do kinda know him, not very much but enough to where maybe I could get a sponser. Thanks much and have a good day.

I feel I should be hired - my qualifications include:

- Was among the first recipient and distributor of the famous Paris Hilton video.

- Consistent. Can sleep for 12-14 straight hours if no-one disturbs.

- Environmental friendly. Save a lot of water. Once didn’t bath for 13 consecutive days, saving 1635 gallons of water.

Vertiglug

Knight

Thanks Guys, also someone gave me Neg Rep, kinda confused me, whatever thou, see ya, sleep is good when you got schhol in the mourning.

Status
Not open for further replies.