UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why does he even bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Why does he even bother?

Small update for you... from me since everyone else who is sane is somewhere far from a computer talking to family or something.

We had some nice thanksgiving DDoSes today. The server is currently null routed again after being DDoSed at least once (first at around 6:30 eastern for those of you keeping score). Demise has been up and down more than.. well.. a lot today for similar reasons. Most of the RunUO websites are offline... for similar reasons.

I have no eta on when anything will be fixed. When it gets fixed, I'm sure the kiddies will unfix it again, so obviously I have no idea how long this will go on.

Seriously, go outside (especially if you leave on the east coast... its fuckin cold out there), or play Rebirth.

BlCkDrGn

Sorceror
Re: Why does he even bother?

Yeah that is pretty damn lame... but whatever i think its funny how some nerd gets really mad at somebody thats doing something for hundreds of people and try to bring him down, but of course shitty because i wanna go PK some more!

LiquifiedArt

Wanderer

Wow.. Hackers... LOL You people are losers. If this was my server i'd make sure their was extra protection for the fuck heads that like to live a lonely and depressing life style, Because once I found the idiots that got my community in an uproar. The Police would be visiting their house asap. Lets see how you little children handle jail time, did you forget??? ITS ILLEGAL and beyond that he could easily press a lawsuit sueing you for the avg. daily donations he makes to help him run his server.. Get a life and if u dont like someone doing a favor to a communicty that enjoys UO, then stop playing. Play Halo or something.

PooSlap

Wanderer

Zippy said:
Small update for you... from me since everyone else who is sane is somewhere far from a computer talking to family or something.

We had some nice thanksgiving DDoSes today. The server is currently null routed again after being DDoSed at least once (first at around 6:30 eastern for those of you keeping score). Demise has been up and down more than.. well.. a lot today for similar reasons. Most of the RunUO websites are offline... for similar reasons.

I have no eta on when anything will be fixed. When it gets fixed, I'm sure the kiddies will unfix it again, so obviously I have no idea how long this will go on.

Seriously, go outside (especially if you leave on the east coast... its fuckin cold out there), or play Rebirth.

Will you guys please file a law suit and end this crap?
Im sorry but if this were my server I would have taken care of these degenerate internet users the first time they pulled that crap. File suit at them. File suit at their ISPs for allowing it. Someone will listen. Even if it is a foreign country they STILL have laws to protect people from such attacks. There are so many things you can file claim for these attacks that one of them will stick.

Ophidian

LiquifiedArt

Wanderer

Ophidian said:
Will you guys please file a law suit and end this crap?
Im sorry but if this were my server I would have taken care of these degenerate internet users the first time they pulled that crap. File suit at them. File suit at their ISPs for allowing it. Someone will listen. Even if it is a foreign country they STILL have laws to protect people from such attacks. There are so many things you can file claim for these attacks that one of them will stick.

Ophidian

agreed.. Take it the legal route ryan. If your down for something like that. If not then have your hosts ban their isp's, I'm a programmer not really internet secruity so I dont really know.. good luck

Elf

Sorceror
Bummer. Oh well, I've been having a lot of fun on Rebirth since I actually remembered my username. Turkeys Ahoy!

excelr

Wanderer

there is no flame involved with this post but since server was down i deceided to go research a lil on dos attacks most of them are done under spoofed ip's making them hard to find the origional isp if not impossible unless your like the fbi or somthing but then again i am not too sure hopefully there is a way to decode this but in the end it will probally be found that its some innocent old ladys computer that has been infected with a remote administration tool and someone is just using her computer on there weekend visits to grandmas house or maybe there using somthing like sub7 used to have and just using her comp just to connect through to make it look like its comming from one place but its really comming from another :X but whatever the case i hope these people are cought and punished, sorry for the run on sentences but im almost too lazy to type this out as it is and just thought yall should be a lil more informed ;/ have a good one

Zippy

Razor Creator

Yes, you all are poorly educated on how DDoS works.

We can't just sue this away. It doesn't work like that...

DDoS = Distributed Denial of Service (attack)

Distributed means basically, someone has infected a large number (thousands) of machines with a virus/trojan. The owners are unaware, and the original attacker can send messages to all of his bots, telling them "attack uogamers" or whatever. Thus, the person responsible for the attack does not even need for his machine to be involved. A distributed attack is what is nessessary to provide the bandwidth needed to cause a serious problem for the shard. Also, why in the hell would you think the person doing this lives in the US and is thusly subject to any of our laws. Its probably some fucking russians who drinking vodka and talking about Marx right now. A lot of good sueing them in American court is going to do.... and I don't speak Russian, do you?

This shard isn't hosted out of Ryan's garage. It's hosted by a major provider (ev1) on a dedicated machine with hardware that gives me a woody whenever I thinkabout it (AMD64 with 8gb ram and some ridiculous HDDs). It's not a question of installing fucking zone alarm, the server is behind any number of very expensive hardware Firewalls and DoS prevention hardware and software. (Go read about Fireslayer on Ev1 if you don't believe me)

So while it's cute to have everyone say "omg install a firewall and sue the kiddies"... for your own good, stfu, you have no idea what you're talking about.

kthxbye.

[edit]Grammar? Rolling Rock doesn't believe in grammar![/edit]

Zippy said:

We can just sue this away. It doesn't work like that...

Distributed means basically, someone has infected a large number (thousands) of machines with a virus/trojan. The owners are unaware, and the original attacker can send messages to all of his bots, telling them "attack uogamers" or whatever. Thus, the person responsible for the attack does not even need for his machine to be involved. A distributed attack is what is nessessary to provide the bandwidth needed to cause a serious problem for the shard. Also, why in the hell would you think the person doing this lives in the US and is thusly subject to any of our laws. Its probably some fucking russians who drinking vodka and talking about Marx right now. A lot of good sueing them in American court is going to do.... and I don't speak Russian, do you?

This shard isn't hosted out of Ryan's garage. It's hosted by a major provider (ev1) on a dedicated machine with hardware that gives me a woody whenever I thinkabout it (AMD64 with 8gb ram and some ridiculous HDDs). It's not a question of installing fucking zone alarm, the server is behind any number of very expensive hardware Firewalls and DoS prevention hardware and software. (Go read about Fireslayer on Ev1 if you don't believe me)

So while it's cute to have everyone say "omg install a firewall and sue the kiddies"... for your own good, stfu, you have no idea what you're talking about.

kthxbye.
1v1 no pots. Holla

LiquifiedArt

Wanderer

Zippy said:

We can't just sue this away. It doesn't work like that...

kthxbye.

[edit]Grammar? Rolling Rock doesn't believe in grammar![/edit]

The admins are just as much assholes like the rest of the kids playing... Ty for the information, and if your speaking of my Sueing thing.. I was merely typing stuff to try and spark something like an answer or information. HOWEVER, giving information with an I KNOW ALL attitude is childish, especially when you in a leadership role in this community, *my 2 cents*

I also tagged this at the end of my post: "I'm a programmer not really internet secruity so I dont really know.. good luck"
So BOOYA! I made a humbling statement so people wouldnt go crazy like internet dorks do.

ANiceUoPlayer said:
The admins are just as much assholes like the rest of the kids playing... Ty for the information, and if your speaking of my Sueing thing.. I was merely typing stuff and try to spark something like an answer or information. HOWEVER, giving information with an I KNOW ALL attitude is childish, especially when you in a leadership role in this community, *my 2 cents*

k

ANiceUoPlayer said:
The admins are just as much assholes like the rest of the kids playing... Ty for the information, and if your speaking of my Sueing thing.. I was merely typing stuff and try to spark something like an answer or information. HOWEVER, giving information with an I KNOW ALL attitude is childish, especially when you in a leadership role in this community, *my 2 cents*

PS: "I'm a programmer not really internet secruity so I dont really know.. good luck" <<< I TYPED THAT TOO, so BOOYA!

You are a retard and should have been stoned to death at birth.
Learn how to spell - or dont type again...ever.

LiquifiedArt

Wanderer

Wolfsbaine said:
In fact just definately dont type again ever - i demand u go outside and chop off all your fingers at the neck.

you guys are funny :), i was pointing out the Attitude in his informative post.. whatever people, i wont post again with anything contradicting. i'll just read and make supportive posts.

Engage

Wanderer

ANiceUoPlayer said:
you guys are funny :), i was pointing out the Attitude in his informative post.. whatever people, i wont post again with anything contradicting. i'll just read and make supportive posts.

You must understand this from the admins perspective. They put a lot of their free time to code, earn money and bust their asses to keep this shard running, and when someone goes out of their way to grief them in doing so and attack something they have been working for, it may be slightly, if not very annoying.

DBizzle

Wanderer

Wolfsbaine said:
You are a retard and should have been stoned to death at birth.

Or ... he probably was stoned to death considering he types like a freakin retard :(

I art programmer not a secruity!! rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.