UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why does he even bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

excelr

Wanderer
Re: Why does he even bother?

GREAT aniceuoplayer in this time of great sorrow all we need is supportive posts , i mean why waste your breath flaming someone espically a staff member who can click a button and put all your "flaming" to a end well i guess everyone has somthing diffrent that floats there boat me myself i like to help people as much as i can and im sure thats the objective of the staff or they wouldnt be doing this shit for free and maybe it would be the wise decision to goto google.com and type "dos attacks" before making reccomendations on what should be done everyone is pissed about this and you telling them the simple solution to the problems that any 10 year old would say is kinda like adding fuel to the fire but o well at least ya tryed i guess and by the way this post was not ment to plame ne one so please dont take it that way - ack more run on sentences because im uber lazy ;p well have a good one and

Bacon

Wanderer

Who wants to take a guess why i don't play my old shard anymore? It was called zha and was also decent sized running with a few other games under the website gamiix. Some hackers came and stuffed things up the web page was actually changed with some dodgy messages down the bottom and the servers was never re-made because the admin just had enough of it i guess. I hope you guys tough your way through this bog spot so we can still enjoy!

excelr said:
GREAT aniceuoplayer in this time of great sorrow all we need is supportive posts , i mean why waste your breath flaming someone espically a staff member who can click a button and put all your "flaming" to a end well i guess everyone has somthing diffrent that floats there boat me myself i like to help people as much as i can and im sure thats the objective of the staff or they wouldnt be doing this shit for free and maybe it would be the wise decision to goto google.com and type "dos attacks" before making reccomendations on what should be done everyone is pissed about this and you telling them the simple solution to the problems that any 10 year old would say is kinda like adding fuel to the fire but o well at least ya tryed i guess and by the way this post was not ment to plame ne one so please dont take it that way - ack more run on sentences because im uber lazy ;p well have a good one and

You need a lesson in grammar, seriously.

Not flaming you but if you want to be taken seriously, it would be wise to at least make your posts worth reading.

Shadown420

Wanderer

Zippy said:
Yes, you all are poorly educated on how DDoS works.

We can't just sue this away. It doesn't work like that...

DDoS = Distributed Denial of Service (attack)

Distributed means basically, someone has infected a large number (thousands) of machines with a virus/trojan. The owners are unaware, and the original attacker can send messages to all of his bots, telling them "attack uogamers" or whatever. Thus, the person responsible for the attack does not even need for his machine to be involved. A distributed attack is what is nessessary to provide the bandwidth needed to cause a serious problem for the shard. Also, why in the hell would you think the person doing this lives in the US and is thusly subject to any of our laws. Its probably some fucking russians who drinking vodka and talking about Marx right now. A lot of good sueing them in American court is going to do.... and I don't speak Russian, do you?

This shard isn't hosted out of Ryan's garage. It's hosted by a major provider (ev1) on a dedicated machine with hardware that gives me a woody whenever I thinkabout it (AMD64 with 8gb ram and some ridiculous HDDs). It's not a question of installing fucking zone alarm, the server is behind any number of very expensive hardware Firewalls and DoS prevention hardware and software. (Go read about Fireslayer on Ev1 if you don't believe me)

So while it's cute to have everyone say "omg install a firewall and sue the kiddies"... for your own good, stfu, you have no idea what you're talking about.

kthxbye.

[edit]Grammar? Rolling Rock doesn't believe in grammar![/edit]

Good points. But Your completely wrong in one area. Actions CAN be taken to stop these guys on a semi-legal level. I'm sure there isn't a single ISP in major country that would be pleased to find out one of its customers in initiating DDoS attacks. And as was stated, It may be very difficult to find the guy who actually started it all, but it can be done. And the most likely way of finding the guy would be through his IP, and using his IP, you could inform his ISP of exactly what it is their customer does for kicks. Anyhoo, I just feel like more could be down. IT seems like there is a non-stop stream of people screaming that nothing can be done and to STFU, instead of anyone proposing some good ways to get this guy. Props to the staff for their awesome resolve in this matter.

And fuck the bitches that hack on thnx givin.

Doruk

Sorceror
Repetition

Can they keep doing the same thing over and over? And we can no longer play on uogamers? That's sad. UOGamers rules!

thefireman

Wanderer
Re: Repetition

darkwarrior said:
Can they keep doing the same thing over and over? And we can no longer play on uogamers? That's sad. UOGamers rules!

basically the solution can be installing some hardware firewall or may be some intelligent flood guard which will detect false traffic and block it or redirect it....

ICMP blocking would lower it, but you need to look into firewall solution to detect and block/drop the packet instead of replying to it which minimize the impact.

there is nothing yet to block DDOS attacks for good but there is to lower it and make small attacks doesn't stop you.

You can't expect any firewall solution to be much help in DDoS mitigation. Most only offer 200MB aggregate throughput, which makes for an easy denial of service target. Many web hosting providers that offer dedicated hardware firewalls don't offer solutions capable of mitigating a large or complex attack.

Ophinian: Will you guys please file a law suit and end this crap?

Cant do that.. Because this server is illegal to.
Or?

Airflare

Wanderer

Why don't we just stop arguing and wait?

Play Rebirth if you are bored.
Keep in mind that things are way harder there.

LiquifiedArt

Wanderer

Hey guys, I have a quick question to help improve my understanding of these types of hacker attacks.

What exactly is the procedure to clean up these misfortunes?

well server is down again, and well it really sucks, but im playing Demise atm because its back up ( does a little dance )

anyways, i was thinking today, ( and ive had allot of time to do this since the servers are down all the time)

and you know what, it really wouldnt surprise me, if the people resposible for this, were the good old folks at EA games, now im not going to try and lay blame, because i have no evidence or anything, but if i was to speculate who would do this kind of thing, and who would have the most reason to do this kind of thing, EA/OSI are the first to come to mind

if you think about it, how many players, thay previously played OSI servers, paying 10 bucks a month now play, on UO gamers/RUN UO servers for for a monthly fee of ZIP, Zero

i reckon that uogamers/runUO free shards has taken 100's of thousands of dollars away from OSI's coffers, and i doubt they would miss it much considering im sure allot of people still pay to play this old school masterpiece.

but money is money, and you cannot measure the length people will go for it.

and i bet somepeple reactivated there old OSI/EA accounts, just to get their daily injection of UO Goodness

now im going to repeat, this is just my thoughts, and i have no evidence to support them, but if in some wierd twist of fate, it turns out, they are resposible, i would have to chuckle and say that it doesnt surprise me

ducymickks

Moyvin

Wanderer

I wonder if the ISP that provides for UOgamers is going to get tired of the DoS attacks and will discontinue service for UOgamers? I mean, they probably won't want to but it seems like DoS attacks are happening more and more.

Also, I read where someone suggested that it could be a bunch of remotely controlled computers via a trojan sending these attacks, could these computers be players on uogamers? Is there any way to tell what ip addresses the attacks are coming from, and send the an e-mail suggesting that they may have a trojan?

This post was only mean't to help, I just feel bad for Ryan, and the admins when this crap happens.

Endity

Sorceror

I love you all. Lol block brazil wooot!. Im all for it. Hey why not block russia, italy, IRAQIS, lol fuck it this is an american only shard. If your black, Spanish, or hatian, Or even have an accent you cant play our shard. YOU RAcist bastards!

OMG THEY KILLED KENNY!
You BASTARDS

welkopole

Sorceror

Ducymickks said:
well server is down again, and well it really sucks, but im playing Demise atm because its back up ( does a little dance )

anyways, i was thinking today, ( and ive had allot of time to do this since the servers are down all the time)

and you know what, it really wouldnt surprise me, if the people resposible for this, were the good old folks at EA games, now im not going to try and lay blame, because i have no evidence or anything, but if i was to speculate who would do this kind of thing, and who would have the most reason to do this kind of thing, EA/OSI are the first to come to mind

if you think about it, how many players, thay previously played OSI servers, paying 10 bucks a month now play, on UO gamers/RUN UO servers for for a monthly fee of ZIP, Zero

i reckon that uogamers/runUO free shards has taken 100's of thousands of dollars away from OSI's coffers, and i doubt they would miss it much considering im sure allot of people still pay to play this old school masterpiece.

but money is money, and you cannot measure the length people will go for it.

and i bet somepeple reactivated there old OSI/EA accounts, just to get their daily injection of UO Goodness

now im going to repeat, this is just my thoughts, and i have no evidence to support them, but if in some wierd twist of fate, it turns out, they are resposible, i would have to chuckle and say that it doesnt surprise me

ducymickks

Most likely its just some little 7th grader that got ticked off cause he lost all his fuck trammie shit, either that or he just paid a buttload of cash for some fuck trammie items and is major pissed about it.
I dont have any FT items so I could care less, hell if it improves performance i'm all for the deletion.
It just sucks tho as I was looking forward to playing UOgamers all weekend long, but now I cant :( Even worse my backup game (mount&blade) is crashing my system after I dl the latest patch last night (sigh)
Well at least I can still surf pron sites. :)

excelr

Wanderer

uhm ya in reply to your post i dont care who takes me seriously so ya thats all i have to say read it or dont no skin off my back ;] have a good one

pahh

Sorceror

i had a bunch ocf f tram items i didnts matter lol i love the game so lets kill these hackers take it all just let me play ill be happy sorry your T-Day was not better ryan ;[

Y3k45

Wanderer

If this is so unstopable.. How is it that Origin never crashes because of this?

I'm sure there's people pissed off at them.. I mean, there is ALWAYS someone pissed off at the big company...

Status
Not open for further replies.