UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why does he even bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why does he even bother?

we all know it was crazyjoey. he's mad because instead of getting better, he progressively gets worse at uo. so bad that he was recruited into entourage. oooooh burn

Sammich

Wanderer

I dont understand why this shit always turns into a big arguement between us. We have some people saying charges should be pressed etc. Obviously they are igornorant on how DDoS works, that doesn't mean rub it in there face and flip the fuck out about it. Anyone would with a decent maturity level would give some dictionary definition for it and explain how pressing charges would'nt work, also its not like the gamers here are scolding Admins/GMs for not taking action anyway, there just giving suggestions and/or cheering on your side incase you were thinking about taking action. I saw no anger towards anyone, except the hackers until someone came in and started bashing everyone on how DDoS works.

Acutally, after about page 4 I got tired of reading, everything that was said was completely irrelavant to the topic, what I am saying is. Getting mad and yelling at each other for whatever reason is not helping the situation at all. Its probably helping this russians(as zippy said) laugh more.

Kthxighbeogjdaiguoeabngehjmnieaohbnoae[phgeaophj
'eh
eah
eahaehnpeh
aha
hk;
'aghhhhrh

Im not coming back here to read this again, so dont bother writing a post back, directed to me.

Ajax

Lord

Why argue over this? We are all together we all play uo gamers together, we are a community and should stick together. What we should not be doing is E-Thuggin' it calling people "newbs" or whatever the fuck you preteens seem to think insults people over the internet simply because they are trying to help. It's not the admins fault, it's not anyones fault that gives an idea or their opinion I hope it makes you feel better Irl, because you think that you shot someones idea down with some "witty comment" like "stfu fagit newb". Lame . Get off the admins nuts for five minutes, do you expect Ryan to sit at his computer 24/7 at your every command? This post is for one specific person, I hope they realize how lame they sound sitting here whining all day, the shard will be back up, when it is back up ok?

Asmir3

Sorceror

I just got an quick suggestion maybe the person is attack ev1 server's not meaning to attack runuo its just random attacking the server. Maybe if you try to change host or something then you would see if they are meaning to attack you for sure. They could be just randomly attack the server now meaning to attack yours.

Engage

Wanderer

mdwright said:
Why just Brazil? Firewall all of Australia, that way the Brazilians can't just drive to like Perth or something and do it again!

(Edit for Lynyrd: Joke :p )

Bah, don't firewall me! :(

PooSlap

Wanderer

Wow Zippy, Im going to post at the top of the thread because your quote is just too big. Sorry. I realize that the D in front of DOS means distributed. However, you rarely harness 10gb of data with a ddos attack unless you thousands of machines infected with these bots. Most internet users are now aware of viruses. They use virus software. 75% of broadband users use some form of net condom. My point is this.. It may be distributed.. maybe from 100 sources to make it look harder to pinpoint, but large ammounts of that data are comming from 1 or 2 sources that are probably large providers. If you were to find the BIG data streams comming at you you could easily squelch the bandwith usage down to something that wouldn't even bother Ev1.

For those unfamilar with what a 10gb data attack requires is 3333.3 cable modems (3mbs) running an attack at you. If they were DSL lines the throughput would be even less and require more lines.

So no. Im not poorly educated on how they work. If you want Ill write a virus for you that does the SAME THING and we'll attack the people who attack us.

Zippy said:
Yes, you all are poorly educated on how DDoS works.

We can't just sue this away. It doesn't work like that...

DDoS = Distributed Denial of Service (attack)

Distributed means basically, someone has infected a large number (thousands) of machines with a virus/trojan. The owners are unaware, and the original attacker can send messages to all of his bots, telling them "attack uogamers" or whatever. Thus, the person responsible for the attack does not even need for his machine to be involved. A distributed attack is what is nessessary to provide the bandwidth needed to cause a serious problem for the shard. Also, why in the hell would you think the person doing this lives in the US and is thusly subject to any of our laws. Its probably some fucking russians who drinking vodka and talking about Marx right now. A lot of good sueing them in American court is going to do.... and I don't speak Russian, do you?

This shard isn't hosted out of Ryan's garage. It's hosted by a major provider (ev1) on a dedicated machine with hardware that gives me a woody whenever I thinkabout it (AMD64 with 8gb ram and some ridiculous HDDs). It's not a question of installing fucking zone alarm, the server is behind any number of very expensive hardware Firewalls and DoS prevention hardware and software. (Go read about Fireslayer on Ev1 if you don't believe me)

So while it's cute to have everyone say "omg install a firewall and sue the kiddies"... for your own good, stfu, you have no idea what you're talking about.

kthxbye.

[edit]Grammar? Rolling Rock doesn't believe in grammar![/edit]

Terron

Knight

no, you dont need 1 or 2 large sources, just a shitload of unprotected cable/dsl linked computers and a metric fuckton of foreign bandwidth like korea and other non-English speaking countries that have lots of bandwidth and lots of compromisable daemons running.

Ophidian said:
Wow Zippy, Im going to post at the top of the thread because your quote is just too big. Sorry. I realize that the D in front of DOS means distributed. However, you rarely harness 10gb of data with a ddos attack unless you thousands of machines infected with these bots. Most internet users are now aware of viruses. They use virus software. 75% of broadband users use some form of net condom. My point is this.. It may be distributed.. maybe from 100 sources to make it look harder to pinpoint, but large ammounts of that data are comming from 1 or 2 sources that are probably large providers. If you were to find the BIG data streams comming at you you could easily squelch the bandwith usage down to something that wouldn't even bother Ev1.

For those unfamilar with what a 10gb data attack requires is 3333.3 cable modems (3mbs) running an attack at you. If they were DSL lines the throughput would be even less and require more lines.

So no. Im not poorly educated on how they work. If you want Ill write a virus for you that does the SAME THING and we'll attack the people who attack us.

mdwright

Wanderer

Terron said:
no, you dont need 1 or 2 large sources, just a shitload of unprotected cable/dsl linked computers and a metric fuckton of foreign bandwidth like BRAZIL and other non-English speaking countries like BRAZIL that have lots of bandwidth and lots of compromisable BRAZILIANS running.

Exactly why we have to firewall Brazil. It's soo clear now.

(Edit: Congrats btw)

(Edit2:
Whatshisface said:
t may be distributed.. maybe from 100 sources to make it look harder to pinpoint, but large ammounts of that data are comming from 1 or 2 sources that are probably large providers.

Negative. If "large amounts of data" came from "1 or 2" sources, they'd DoS THEIR OWN ROUTER. And that would make any directed attack impossible because now they've nulled themselves.

LeKurtz

Wanderer

LOL... why do you guys always have to put the blame on a foreign country? can´t u see that you´re (USA) the world´s largest junk (including humanpeoplejunk) producer in the world? i know most of you are smart enough to be above that and to be kidding about it.. but come on... i see people being serious about that, how in the world would KOREA have more dumb-people-run computers than the US? what are u talking about? maybe u even have a point saying that brazil could have it, and eventough i´m brazilian i found that "ban brazil" post really funny after i calmed down, but i think it´s dangerous to joke with this kind of things when the server has worldwide reach, especially whit this mentality that "no american would be bad enough to make this attacks. i´m sure it was the damn XXXXXXANS"... not funny anymore

Terron

Knight

LeKurtz said:
LOL... why do you guys always have to put the blame on a foreign country? can´t u see that you´re (USA) the world´s largest junk (including humanpeoplejunk) producer in the world? i know most of you are smart enough to be above that and to be kidding about it.. but come on... i see people being serious about that, how in the world would KOREA have more dumb-people-run computers than the US? what are u talking about? maybe u even have a point saying that brazil could have it, and eventough i´m brazilian i found that "ban brazil" post really funny after i calmed down, but i think it´s dangerous to joke with this kind of things when the server has worldwide reach, especially whit this mentality that "no american would be bad enough to make this attacks. i´m sure it was the damn XXXXXXANS"... not funny anymore

Anyone with a half a pinky-full of experience in peering knows what I'm talking about; the problem isn't foreigners with bad attitudes, its foreigners with bad machines. Most of these guys don't secure anything and as such, vulnerabilities are compromised and their machine is now part of someones minion.

Status
Not open for further replies.