UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why does he even bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why does he even bother?

Maddox said:
Ophinian: Will you guys please file a law suit and end this crap?

Cant do that.. Because this server is illegal to.
Or?

hah no its not illegal.. this server is legal as eating turkey

please dont talk about jesus christ in a forum...
im not even going to go into my jesus freak hatred here, since this isnt a flame forum.

But i would like to point out how useless and funny most of you are in your anger, do you seriously think telling the hacker how stupid or how little of a life they possess will solve anything? if you were the hacker, and had motivation or reason to do it, would that meager shit stop YOU?

stop wasting the fucking forum count and post shit that has something to do with or help people, like the person posting web pages and etc, or a staff member like Zippy who was giving us a heads up because nobody else could.

Adian

Wanderer

Tapio said:
So I have just started using UOgateway in the last couple weeks, what does it mean when Hybrid is no longer on their lists at all?

It will eventually reappear when Hybrid is available again...

some people need to meet some pussies

Why dont we go meet some pussies(dicks) and let them "have fun" hacking our shard

I wish the ISP's and backbone companies would get their shit together and solve this, not just for UOG, but FTW. Will V6 fix this? I don't know...

Somehow there needs to be a way to flag a user on an ISP as a Zombie (e.g. an infected computer being used for nefarious purposes). ISPs should be notified that they are hosting zombies. If the ISP then fails to act, then blacklist the ISP temporarily. Yes. This will piss off a bunch of innocents, but in the end it will get ISPs to clean up their act, and eliminate zombies from the wild wild web.

Valentino

Sorceror

Ophidian said:
Will you guys please file a law suit and end this crap?
Im sorry but if this were my server I would have taken care of these degenerate internet users the first time they pulled that crap. File suit at them. File suit at their ISPs for allowing it. Someone will listen. Even if it is a foreign country they STILL have laws to protect people from such attacks. There are so many things you can file claim for these attacks that one of them will stick.

Ophidian

It's not that easy. First of all, I'm not sure Ryan or any other staff members have the time or discretionary income to spend on legal fees. Second, it's hard to find out exactly who did it and even if you did, it's hard to prove it. Third, even if you did prove it, if this guy lives in another country, nothing will be done. Fourth, the police and law just don't give a crap about this kind of stuff right now--unless of course it's a huge corporation or government entity.

mdwright

Wanderer

MarcusO said:
Somehow there needs to be a way to flag a user on an ISP as a Zombie (e.g. an infected computer being used for nefarious purposes). ISPs should be notified that they are hosting zombies. If the ISP then fails to act, then blacklist the ISP temporarily. Yes. This will piss off a bunch of innocents, but in the end it will get ISPs to clean up their act, and eliminate zombies from the wild wild web.

Not only will it 'piss off a bunch of innocents' but it will also cut into the profits of the ISPs and the blacklisting companies themselves. Sadly, I doubt any company is going to do the right thing if it means taking an income hit.

erek

Wanderer

Heh, who the fork hacks on Thanksgiving Day?
Someone is lonely.
-erek.

mdwright said:
Not only will it 'piss off a bunch of innocents' but it will also cut into the profits of the ISPs and the blacklisting companies themselves. Sadly, I doubt any company is going to do the right thing if it means taking an income hit.
You are right on target. The damn ISPs want their $$$. They seem to think that if user X is paying for their connection, it's okay for them to have a zombie computer. And it's not typically the user's fault his computer was zombified. I helped out a neighbor (for a slim fee of a six pack) who couldn't get control of his computer. He'd not updated windows in months and his 13 year old daughter had loaded it with viruses and spyware. Ugh!

The latest javascript/windows-help/zero-day virus is a good example of how even *smart* computer users can get bamboozeled.

Megumi

Wanderer

Endity said:
I love you all. Lol block brazil wooot!. Im all for it. Hey why not block russia, italy, IRAQIS, lol fuck it this is an american only shard. If your black, Spanish, or hatian, Or even have an accent you cant play our shard. YOU RAcist bastards!

OMG THEY KILLED KENNY!
You BASTARDS

You really need to shut up.

This, apparently, is bieng done from Brazil.
DDOSing is legal in Brazil. As a result you cannott ake legal action without a shit load of hastle.

Weather the storm, it will pass.

for those of you who insist on whining, i suggest that you go find solace at http://www.kleenex.com or something.

DementedJester said:
You really need to shut up.

This, apparently, is bieng done from Brazil.
DDOSing is legal in Brazil. As a result you cannott ake legal action without a shit load of hastle.

Weather the storm, it will pass.

for those of you who insist on whining, i suggest that you go find solace at http://www.kleenex.com or something.

FIREWALL BRAZIL !!!

Xem

Wanderer

Ophidian said:
Will you guys please file a law suit and end this crap?
Im sorry but if this were my server I would have taken care of these degenerate internet users the first time they pulled that crap. File suit at them. File suit at their ISPs for allowing it. Someone will listen. Even if it is a foreign country they STILL have laws to protect people from such attacks. There are so many things you can file claim for these attacks that one of them will stick.

Ophidian

It's Electronic Arts! They are mad we are stealing like 750+(how many are on the network that'd being attacked? I dont know....) users that could be paying them! That's (users)*$15 ...thats alot a month, right? Sexy.

mdwright

Wanderer

Paranoia said:
FIREWALL BRAZIL !!!

Why just Brazil? Firewall all of Australia, that way the Brazilians can't just drive to like Perth or something and do it again!

(Edit for Lynyrd: Joke :p )

Xem said:
It's Electronic Arts! They are mad we are stealing like 750+(how many are on the network that'd being attacked? I dont know....) users that could be paying them! That's (users)*$15 ...thats alot a month, right? Sexy.

I wouldn't play UO if I had to pay, especially considering how lame OSI is nowadays. So it's either a freeshard or no UO for me. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.