UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why just why?

RaRae

Page
Okay so I just came back from like a long ass break year or two.

I only log on now for some pvp, I'm in factions ( SL ).

Here is what I have noticed everyone complains about the population being low, yet everyone is a bad sport win or lose.

For example I tend to lose/die more then I win/kill and I admit to that I have no shame. The thing is though however whenever I die the winner feels the need to grief me to oblivion whether that be res killing, trapping pets, killing my pet or just constant trash talking to my face when I get back to my body.

Whether you loot or not is up to you, I tend to not unless I need the supplies on the go or if they have a tasty wand, I don't blame you that's the game.

But why just why do you feel the need to grief me? Do you not want me to come back restocked to give you more action? Why oh why, what's the purpose of killing my pet?

The community is small as it gets and the only thing you are doing is making it smaller by not being good sports, like honestly everyone takes this game waaaay to seriously. I think it's the bloated egos everyone seems to have in this community, take this from a no-namer nobody cares who you are/ what you have done. I'm here to have fun but you guys are making that hard.

drogonlord23

Sorceror

Here is what I have noticed everyone complains about the population being low, yet everyone is a bad sport win or lose.

For example I tend to lose/die more then I win/kill and I admit to that I have no shame. The thing is though however whenever I die the winner feels the need to grief me to oblivion whether that be res killing, trapping pets, killing my pet or just constant trash talking to my face when I get back to my body.

Whether you loot or not is up to you, I tend to not unless I need the supplies on the go or if they have a tasty wand, I don't blame you that's the game.

But why just why do you feel the need to grief me? Do you not want me to come back restocked to give you more action? Why oh why, what's the purpose of killing my pet?

The community is small as it gets and the only thing you are doing is making it smaller by not being good sports, like honestly everyone takes this game waaaay to seriously. I think it's the bloated egos everyone seems to have in this community, take this from a no-namer nobody cares who you are/ what you have done. I'm here to have fun but you guys are making that hard.

For the record if i kill someone, if im lucky enough to get a kill, i usually res them and give em regs to recall if they need it. Unless they are/were dicks to me, then i just leave em :rolleyes:

you gotta understand, when the guys who grief you were newbies, they got griefed. And the guys who griefed them got griefed. It's a perpetuating cycle that has been around forever. The problem is now the shard is either a) out of noob pvpers, or b) very little action. This means that when these guys get their kills in, they have to grief on each one or else it's not fun for them.

Believe me, this game would be boring as fuck playing with a bunch of lovers and friendly enemies. But it's also stupid as fuck to the length some of these guys go to humiliate or embarrass some of the players in game or on the forums.

Just get used to it and one day you can grief the griefers, or do what I'm sure one day you will do, is grief the newbies.

Uomvp

Knight
Welcome back to Hybrid lol. Why do you think the population is so small? No one wants to play with or against these people.
I never found a reason in all my years of UO to grief people. Outside of doing idocs and shit there is no reason to trap pets. I'm 100% for killing them especially mares n dragons but people shouldn't have there shit trapped in field fights. Oh but when you get ganked people love to talk shit about how you suck regardless of the numbers. It is not realistic for a person to survive anything above 4v1 unless you royally suck.

What you remember about hybrid isn't the same as the up to date hybrid. There isn't multiple guilds and small field fights over idocs. Normally you go group to group with one group having 3x's yours with pets.

RaRae

Page
Welcome back to Hybrid lol. Why do you think the population is so small? No one wants to play with or against these people.
I never found a reason in all my years of UO to grief people. Outside of doing idocs and shit there is no reason to trap pets. I'm 100% for killing them especially mares n dragons but people shouldn't have there shit trapped in field fights. Oh but when you get ganked people love to talk shit about how you suck regardless of the numbers. It is not realistic for a person to survive anything above 4v1 unless you royally suck.

What you remember about hybrid isn't the same as the up to date hybrid. There isn't multiple guilds and small field fights over idocs. Normally you go group to group with one group having 3x's yours with pets.

Sorry when I said pets I mean my beetle/horse, like really whats that point of that?

Smokeuog

Sorceror
^^ Yep lol such as in real life :/.
uo has always had this kind of assholery but I don't think it's needed when the population is struggling honestly.

M

ill tell you exactly how it works. Some people grief for fun against players they don't like or to get some action going, but most that grief like Mickey munday for example... They have bad real lifes or none at all. They probably are picked on a lot so they take it out on players on a video game cuz they know that person can't come beat their ass irl which is prob what would happen if they talked shit to someone irl. If you have ever heard Mickey talk in Skype, he has a very high pitched voice and sounds like a girl. I use him as an example because he is usually always playing UO and griefing other players but yet claims to be some rich badass irl. I don't see that being possibl considering he is literally always on UO lol

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
M
ill tell you exactly how it works. Some people grief for fun against players they don't like or to get some action going, but most that grief like Mickey munday for example... They have bad real lifes or none at all. They probably are picked on a lot so they take it out on players on a video game cuz they know that person can't come beat their ass irl which is prob what would happen if they talked shit to someone irl. If you have ever heard Mickey talk in Skype, he has a very high pitched voice and sounds like a girl. I use him as an example because he is usually always playing UO and griefing other players but yet claims to be some rich badass irl. I don't see that being possibl considering he is literally always on UO lol

It's hilarious how reflexive all your flames are.

Uomvp

Knight
It's even funnier when you make videos about how you guys are a bunch of guys then role play in them. I love the story though true believers in virtual reality. Let me ask you though does your wrists get sore? Not sure how many chicks are into role playing on the internet with a bunch of dudes.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
It's even funnier when you make videos about how you guys are a bunch of guys then role play in them. I love the story though true believers in virtual reality. Let me ask you though does your wrists get sore? Not sure how many chicks are into role playing on the internet with a bunch of dudes.

See above

KalivDIESEL

Sorceror
Just the other day i was 1v1ing this guy at brit gy... And i killed him of course.. so i let him get ressed and he gets his stuff and asks for a rematch... as were fighting i got distracted n said hold on for sec gotta switch a button.. he then kills me, and instead of resing me or letting me get ressed.. he decides to attempt to kill my beetle and some random blues came to fight him and my beetle survived.. Long story short this is uo now.. Take what you can get cause no matter how badly you want the old days back.. It just cant... And no game will ever compare which is the sad part...I bought gta5 i played once for like 4 hours.. and i never played again... Nothing compares.. LOL nope Dota 2 nope...diablo nope sucks :/

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
Just the other day i was 1v1ing this guy at brit gy... And i killed him of course.. so i let him get ressed and he gets his stuff and asks for a rematch... as were fighting i got distracted n said hold on for sec gotta switch a button.. he then kills me, and instead of resing me or letting me get ressed.. he decides to attempt to kill my beetle and some random blues came to fight him and my beetle survived.. Long story short this is uo now.. Take what you can get cause no matter how badly you want the old days back.. It just cant... And no game will ever compare which is the sad part...I bought gta5 i played once for like 4 hours.. and i never played again... Nothing compares.. LOL nope Dota 2 nope...diablo nope sucks :/

Sounds like the guy who killed must have known you we're a faggot.

Daryl Dixon

Wanderer
The problem with MMO's in general is they are all following the World of Warcraft formula because of the success it had.
There just aren't any major gaming companies winning to deviate from the WoW formula when designing new games.
I personally hate WoW and its playstyle but due to its success all we get are clones of it. I would love to see new games
coming out that are complete sandbox style like UO with updated graphics using the same skill based grinding and ability
to pick and choose what skills your character will have. I don't want to pick a Warlock, Fighter, Healer ect from the start
menu and be stuck with that skillset with no customization that games like UO used to offer players.

. I don't want to pick a Warlock, Fighter, Healer ect from the start
menu and be stuck with that skillset with no customization that games like UO used to offer players.
I've never understood this argument. Selecting a class to play or starting your skills on a 'fresh char' is the same thing. This game has less options to play then WOW or LOL. Sure, you can play stupid shit in uo like tamer/camping, but how successful does that make you? I can play an AD build AP Champ, and i'm gonna suck in LOL. I can wear all cloth on my warrior in WoW, and im gonna shit the bed.

UO Isn't that customizable. Especially on servers with high item dependence, such as OSI, UOforever, or UOgamers. People find the niche in this game, like alchy stun, and play it forever.

There has been a few servers that allow all skills to be trained to 100, but who the hell plays those? That IMO would be the closest thing to customization, but then you have an older version of runescape.

Go hop on the same template you've had for years now :>