UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why just why?

well if you're referring to "niche" as its literal term:a position or activity that particularly suits somebody's talents and personality or that somebody can make his or her own, then i don't see how Alchy stun is a bad thing, it just means it best suits you and im sure that to some people a tank mage or a pure dexxer is a niche...

Shini

Page
Alchy Stun and Heal Stun are actually the only 2 Template that require some real skills in a 7x 1v1.

Shini

Page
So that would kinda make sense that they can offer a higher effectiveness than most templates and can have more control.

Can I ask why Alchy stun is considered a "niche" in the game?
because it is the go to template on this server, and everybody who is anybody has played alchy stun for atleast 3+ years now. and it becomes really easy to do at a high level and has the most throughput than any template without pets.

It most certainly isn't difficult to understand alchy and its combos. And once you can understand it, it's very hard to unlearn it. I've seen players be good, competitive players in just a few days with the right teaching.

you guys on the other hand, have spent years playing 10+ hours a day, and still can't seem to lock down the player base. :<

Alchy is easy to learn but not easy to perfect.
There are a ton of 'good' alchiers and very few amazing ones.
There is a significant difference between the two
Which one are you boom?

you can only tell the skill of a player that plays against the same caliber player. Being a big fish in a small pond may seem like a god, but it surely isn't. Ras was a big fish in a small pond. If you watch his old videos, the things his opponents did/didn't do were weak compared to todays standards.

To answer your question; I've been involved in some thick fights with a few thick players. I've won and held many tournaments/cash fights and have only lost one set of cash duels. I would say back then I was amazing for my era, but I've surely lost it by now.

I've always heard alchy is all about stuns; and this statement is both true and false to a degree.

If the two opponents both suck; it generally will come down to either terrible reaction to a heal, or simply running out of resources.
If the two opponents are much different in skill level; stuns have nothing to do with it. Positioning/fast casting/timing can easily outmatch a 'lucky stun'.
when two players are close in level, but differ in style, (IE harm spam/big spell finish), timing/positioning is the biggest factor.
when two players are close in style, but differ in level, (IE both harm spammers, but one has a much faster reaction time/latency, or holding the harm to disrupt the opponent to steal back offense), then experience/connection will triumph more than a lucky stun
If the two players are top players with similar level/style/experience, and over the course of 20 fights the numbers run next to even, then alchy becomes all about the stun. But only then can somebody honestly tell me that stuns is the reason somebody wins a duel.

but most players within the past year or so find it exceedingly easier to win an alchy tourny or beat the other dueler(s) on the shard because, simply, nobody amazing plays anymore. It is easy to be a big fish in a small pond.

From reading the forums; I see that the top alchy players today are(maybe in this order??) :
shini
neon
heavy/tet/pat(all 3 are close, they all claim to beat each other constantly)
Iris or steve
dwayne (maybe higher, but he's been caught cheating so much its really tough to call him legit)

And from what I see on the forums; the only two players that would be able to compete a few years back(if we had a time travel machine) would be shini/neon. And neither of these guys talk shit(like the other duelers) from what I can tell; so props to you.

But I still stand on my original claim. Alchy is like a dance; Once you understand it, it's really simple to do. When is the last time you had to think or strategize about an alchy duel? Hopefully by now it has become second nature and you can easily hold fluid conversations in a skype call with little to no brain power focusing on the duel.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
I've won and held many tournaments/cash fights and have only lost one set of cash duels. I would say back then I was amazing for my era, but I've surely lost it by now.
From reading the forums; I see that the top alchy players today are(maybe in this order??) :
shini
neon
heavy/tet/pat(all 3 are close, they all claim to beat each other constantly)
Iris or steve
dwayne (maybe higher, but he's been caught cheating so much its really tough to call him legit)
[/quote]

Dwayne has actually never been caught for cheating, and as for someone that has played with him for quite some time now I can assure you he does not cheat and is far better at alchy then any of the people you named except for neon who I think they are both pretty much equal. The funny thing is Shini is probably one of the top alchy duelists and the guy doesn't even alchy, he probably has like at MAX 300 alchy duels under his belt and can beat people that have done thousands. But please do not put Iris, Heavy, Or Tet on the level of the good players because they are no where near as good as any of top players of today or the past. You can ask anybody that goes to the alchy tourneys on the regular, 95% of the time its won either by myself or neon or Kenshin who is also pretty good.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
For some reason it only quoted you and didn't put in my response. But basically I don't think what you said is accurate and I don't believe at any point you were good at any level of pvp. Just my opinion though

shini used to alchy all the time. It wasn't until esk taught him to 5x that he made the switch. Before your time though.

Dwayne has been caught several different times for cheating actually, and the GM's actually made a then-stickied thread of all the people caught, and every character he had was there.

And I don't keep up with what happens in the game; so my list may be inaccurate. But tet has beaten you several times from what I've read/see on skype, so he can't be too far from you.

You're welcome to your opinion.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
shini used to alchy all the time. It wasn't until esk taught him to 5x that he made the switch. Before your time though.

Dwayne has been caught several different times for cheating actually, and the GM's actually made a then-stickied thread of all the people caught, and every character he had was there.

And I don't keep up with what happens in the game; so my list may be inaccurate. But tet has beaten you several times from what I've read/see on skype, so he can't be too far from you.

You're welcome to your opinion.

I do not believe shini was ever big into alchy but we will let him answer that. But I would love to see proof of Dwayne being called out by the gms for being a cheater, he was banned once for speed hacking even though he was never speed hacking as at the time I was playing with him on a regular basis and I would have known if he was cheating. But that's cool tet is telling you he killed me on skype.. That must make it true right?

I've never talked to tet on skype. Whenever people tell me theres an alchy tourny i usually ask who wins and the replies seem to be consistently kenshin or tet. I did a search for the thread but the forums search is broken or the thread has been lost in the various moves. The thread is probably 4 years old. Whether you believe it or not, people that remember who dwayne is always refer to him and probably will always refer to him as a known cheater.

But that's cool dwayne is telling you he doesn't cheat.. That must make it true right?

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
I've never talked to tet on skype. Whenever people tell me theres an alchy tourny i usually ask who wins and the replies seem to be consistently kenshin or tet. I did a search for the thread but the forums search is broken or the thread has been lost in the various moves. The thread is probably 4 years old. Whether you believe it or not, people that remember who dwayne is always refer to him and probably will always refer to him as a known cheater.

But that's cool dwayne is telling you he doesn't cheat.. That must make it true right?

Wait a second people tell you kenshin wins most of the alchy tournies? Then why wasn't he on your list? And I know dwayne wasntc cheating because I was always faster then him. But that's fine, people always call people who are better then them cheaters. Its a defense mechanism for those who suck.

Shini

Page
Alot of things in this thread are not very accurate.

I've been playing with jig for years here's why i know that he doesn't cheat.

1. He has never weirdly outrunned me when running in a long straight line ''ever'' (maybe if you ping 400 but this have nothing to do with it)
2. He have a great field awardness and he know at all time what is going on (so no suspecious heals that come from nowhere)
3. Even when there was that big wave of everyone using a gay macro to spam auto pot kick he was still doing it manually even on the field. (no pot kick on the run)
4. The guy can legitimately heal syncs better than 95% of the people that i've played it.(me and him used to pratice healing delay eb for hours when there was no action on the field)

5. He's actually the last one of my group who finaly accepted my MODS because he knew people would troll him.
6. He's also the guy who invented how to legitimately heal fs/nox with no partner. (He seem to be , i've never saw anyone trying to attempt this in 8 years)

Oh and if you hit tab while running your character will skip across other people screens just a tips for the noobs.
it can make you look like you're speed hacking.

I've asked GM Lynn many times what kind of third party they found to come to that conclusion to ban him.
and yet to to this day nobody gave me an answers.

To anyone who think he cheat if you would only play just 1 day with him you would think differently.

you can only tell the skill of a player that plays against the same caliber player. Being a big fish in a small pond may seem like a god, but it surely isn't. Ras was a big fish in a small pond. If you watch his old videos, the things his opponents did/didn't do were weak compared to todays standards.

FYI, any videos I made were made at least a good 2 years after I had already quit, and I came back for a few days and was bored. When I was actually actively alchy dueling, the shard had a much larger playerbase, which consisted of some of the top duelers. The only person that ever kept up with me in alchy duels when I was active was Slip.