UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Yew Militia the return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCool

Wanderer
Yew Militia the return?

I have recently bought the house that is right in front of the Yew Militia RP gate. I have another slightly larger house in the area. I was thinking about restarting the Yew Militia. This time with a new leader, and new rules.

We would still be a RP group, and would obey RP rules of engagement.

The new rules are Yew is our city, Yew citizens are welcome, none of the rest of Britannia. Britiens and Lord British ran the gentle good hearted leaders and people of the old militia out, all that remains is us. One step above highwaymen, we are the law of this land.

Is any body interested? More details to come if I get enough support.

Re: Yew Militia the return?

Rp rules of engagement are what destroyed rp.

your argument will be its the only way to rp or it holds it together. No its what tore it apart. Gave everyone a reason to cry, "yew" for example. if you guys rp'd no holds barred youd get alot more respect. bleh.

This is lionel btw.

LordCool

Wanderer

Joe1324536;1742991 said:

your argument will be its the only way to rp or it holds it together. No its what tore it apart. Gave everyone a reason to cry, "yew" for example. if you guys rp'd no holds barred youd get alot more respect. bleh.

This is lionel btw.

That was the idea, people don't have goofy names, and our role would be people who controlled the area. For the purpose of fighting other RP groups we would dismount and all that jaz.

Ozzy

Sorceror

Joe1324536;1742991 said:

This is lionel btw.

Yeah like when the amazonz came all of RP ring was cheering, but they turned into a regular guild instead and I honestly don't see a change in the way they act nor the diffrence between them and all the "l33t pvpers".

The only reason I like RP is that you get a refreshing break from all that "I R L33T PVPERZ" bullshit.
People like you seem to want that "laid back rp" bullshit... I'll give you an orc example:
Orc 1: Har klomp dem oomiez! HOOWAH!
Orc 2: YEAH LETS MOTHER FUCKING KILL THOSE BITCHEZ ZOMG I R SO L33T *jumps on an ethy and chases after the opponets*

Oh... yeah... thats great rp *cough*
As I see it rpers like to limit themselves from the griefers and all that, and of course it gets frustrating when you die or you see someone running around "freaking nerds, why don't u go kill urself rofl" and you are in guards and can't really talk back or kill him or anything, BUT ITS REALLY NOT THAT HARD TO ENDURE!

(Note: This is not to be contested so either stfu or join the guild)

Engage

Wanderer

Moved this to General Discussion as it isn't really a recruitment thread (may also give you some more thread views/publicity).

That was the idea, people don't have goofy names, and our role would be people who controlled the area. For the purpose of fighting other RP groups we would dismount and all that jaz.

This point confused me. Are you saying you will act one way around one group of people, and another around RPers? Seems like an odd foundation to build a RP guild on.

I like the idea of a new Yew Militia, One that plays the role of the defence and law enforcement for in the area surrounding Yew. It would be pretty interesting and give a rather relaxed/easy RP system which would likely entice some people new people.

What rules are you planning to have for guild members? Any set uniforms etc?

Vek

Sorceror

Ooo.....Yew militia is coming back, interesting.

And Engage I've seen a couple rp guilds, most of whom are no longer around that would act like rpers around other rpers but then go out and "pk" with some other big group of people that weren't rpers. Ive even had to straighten out a few members in my own guild that had that philosophy

Engage

Wanderer

Yes i've seen them before as well. They are usually shunned by the community :p

LordCool

Wanderer

Engage;1746383 said:
Moved this to General Discussion as it isn't really a recruitment thread (may also give you some more thread views/publicity).

This point confused me. Are you saying you will act one way around one group of people, and another around RPers? Seems like an odd foundation to build a RP guild on.

I like the idea of a new Yew Militia, One that plays the role of the defence and law enforcement for in the area surrounding Yew. It would be pretty interesting and give a rather relaxed/easy RP system which would likely entice some people new people.

What rules are you planning to have for guild members? Any set uniforms etc?

Yes we will react slightly differently towards certain people, we will dry loot griefers and none RP reds. Outlaws will be disarmed (weapons, arrows, bolts, nightshade, ash). RPers will not be looted unless they are griefers in disguise.

We will be a RP guild, but a RP guild that interacts with none RPers frequently. I have talked with Ozzy via PM, and the new Yew Militia will be much more aggressive and territorial then the old Yew Militia.

Outlaws will be defined as all Britons bearing arms into Yew land. Britons are all none RP community characters.

Ranks are will be identified by sashes, there will be 3 ranks. If you check out the recruitment center through the rp gate you can see the three sashes on the wall. Red is the highest rank, Green the middle rank and blue the lowest. Weapons, armor and skills are up to the individual player.

It is a goal of the Yew Militia to own every house in the Yew territory. Home owners will be encouraged to join the Militia as Citizens. Yewish Citizens will have less RP commitment and responsibility (I would like to hammer out more details with founding members).

Yew Militia members are aloud to own and use pets, and ride ethereal mounts (horses only). I am seriously considering allowing mounts for standard contact with other RP groups. (I expect orcs to be bolaing us right off our mounts).

Engage

Wanderer

Sounds like you have put some thought into this and looks interesting.

Good luck with it and let me know if you need any assistance. Aim: SeerEngage

TravO

Wanderer

that would be really cool to see that guild come back. to bad im focused on CoC right now or i would totally be in

Vek

Sorceror

Interesting approach to roleplay but it sounds like it will be worth watching.

LordCool

Wanderer

It has been 6 years since the fall of the Yew Militia. It has been six years now since Yew was subjected to British rule and law. I Victor Felwind have returned from my years of training and hardship. I have returned to save the people of Yew from the tyranny of Lord British. I have established a small rebel base just outside the control of Lord British’s men, here we will strike out against the Britons! Here we will take back Yew!

Ranks of the Yew Militia
Civilian: These are members of the Yew citizenry, anyone who lives in the Yew region is welcome to join. The rules of RP do not apply as strictly to you. You will be expect to show some form of respect to militia members and refrain from griefing them.
Uniform: None

Soldier: Entry level rank. In order to join you must know the rules of engagement, the rules of the Yew Militia, the location of the Orc fort, the location of the good island and the Objectives of the Yew Militia. You are to follow orders given to you by those of higher rank.
Uniform: A blue sash given to you.

Corporal: 2nd rank, this can be earned through dedicated work with the Militia. In order to earn this rank you will need to show dedication towards advancing the goals of the Militia, impress its leaders and be recommended for the position. Ways to impress the leaders is to recruit new members into the guild. Assist new members in training and outfitting themselves. Assistance in capturing IDOCs. You will need to be at least a 5x GM and have 700 skill points, distributed into a competent build in order to attain this rank.
Uniform: A green sash given to you.

Lieutenant: The highest rank. This can be earned through being a leader among others, taking initiative on your own. A leader is someone who organizes soldiers and takes them on Orc raids, captures an IDOC, policing Yew. Doing these things involving other members without me organizing it.
Uniform: A red sash given to you.

Special Ranks: Occasionally special titles will be given out to other members, to represent special rolls. Example: Town Crier. These people hold ranks roughly above corporal but below Lieutenant.

Objectives of the Yew Militia:
Police the Yew area.
-Britons (none Yew) are not permitted within Yewish Lands with weapons of war. All sulfurous ash, nightshade, arrows, bolts, and melee weapons are to be confiscated. Members of the Militia are authorized to confiscate these items through the use of the stealing skill. Murderers found in Yewish lands are to be executed immediately.
Own all housing plots in the Yew area.
-This will be accomplished by recruiting homeowners of the Yew area into the Guild, or Capturing IDOCs.
Have battles with Neighboring RP groups such as Orcs, and TcD.

Rules of the Yew Militia.
These rules apply to Militia members not Civilians.

-Do not attack blue players without a warning of some kind. Greet Britons with something like “Greetings Briton we are from the Yew Militia and need to make sure you are not bringing weapons into our land” Then proceed to search them and demand they turn over the objects on the contraband list. If they resist you are authorized to kill or steal from them and take said items.

-You are only permitted to dry loot, murderers and griefers (including anyone with a stupid name like Grab Yo Nutz) or Generic Player.

-You are not permitted to loot other RP guilds (if griefers are around loot the body but return the items to the fellow RPer).

-Obey orders from a higher ranked members.

-Stay in character, Wear your uniform.

-Do not attack other militia members.

Rules for Civilians.
-Respect militia members.
-Do not attack militia members.
-Do not police, PK or rob form people in the Yew region.

FAQ
Q: Where can I find you?
A: Find a blue sparkle such as the one at the Yew Bank. Follow the right side in the RP portal room till you see the Yew Militia. Go through that portal, you will find the recruitment center there.

Q: Can I ride a mount?
A: Yes, you can ride a mount at any time you wish, including battling other RP members. However some mounts are inappropriate. Mounts you cannot used (ethereal included) are ridgebacks, ostards, and beetles. Horses, swamp dragons, ethereal horses, unicorns and nightmares are all encouraged. Lamas are mounts best suited for our Town Crier and perhaps a court jester. Ki-rins are accepted on a case by case.

Q: I am a tamer, can I use pets.
A: Yes, please do.

Q: I am a mage, and want to wear wizard robes, but it covers my sash. May I?
A: Yes, give me a newbie robe and I will dye it the rank of your color for you.

Q: I don’t like sashes, I like doublets can I wear a doublet of the right rank color.
A: No wear your sash.

Q: Someone of higher rank told me to transfer my house to them. Do I have to obey?
A: Absolutely not, no one of higher rank has the authority to demand items or property of great wealth from you.

nephlim463

Wanderer

Hey I'm interested in possibly joining. I stopped by your recruitment center, but no one was home :p.

BoneBro

Wanderer

A: Yes, give me a blessed veteran reward robe and I will dye it the rank of your color for you.

you cant dye vet rewards..

LordCool

Wanderer

BoneBro;1748999 said:
A: Yes, give me a blessed veteran reward robe and I will dye it the rank of your color for you.

you cant dye vet rewards..

haha, thanks for the heads up. Ill edit that.

Engage

Wanderer

Looking good, if you need the gate in the RP Portal room changed at all let me know.

Vek

Sorceror

i like it, i think the Civilian factor of your guild is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.