UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Yew Militia the return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torgin.

Sorceror
Re: Yew Militia the return?

Need I say more? They are using the Yew Militia name without the official sanction of the actual Yew Militia, hence making them imposters.

Ozzy

Sorceror

Torgin.;1759656 said:
Need I say more? They are using the Yew Militia name without the official sanction of the actual Yew Militia, hence making them imposters.

Yeah but he clearly stated in his recruitment post that this is a new Yew milita... And since you aren't really here anymore but away on other shards and that other craphouse game AoC I don't see why you care...

For your information Torgin, Yew militia that you know isn't even the original Yew militia on this server, there was one on here a long time ago as well.

LordCool

Wanderer

First, Thank you for not polluting our recruitment thread.
Second. We are new, and I am an old Hybrid Yew Militia member.
Third. I am considering getting some sanction on the Yew Militia web page as Noc has indicated that if I want they can help set something up.
Fourth. There IS a fake YEW guild out there who is just a PK guild not to be confused with us. We hold role playing to heart.

Torgin.

Sorceror

Vas Griffith;1759685 said:
For your information Torgin, Yew militia that you know isn't even the original Yew militia on this server, there was one on here a long time ago as well.

Yah and they weren't the original ones either. The GM of that guild was a disgraced member who went on to form his own guild, unsanctioned to that. I think everything was forgiven though so its all good.

Torgin.

Sorceror

LordCool;1759696 said:
Fairly sure this isn't a recruitment thread since its in the General forum :p

LordCool;1759696 said:
I am an old Hybrid Yew Militia member.
Really? Might we have a name?

LordCool;1759696 said:
Third. I am considering getting some sanction on the Yew Militia web page as Noc has indicated that if I want they can help set something up.

This is a good thing!

Ozzy

Sorceror

LordCool;1759696 said:
Second. We are new, and I am an old Hybrid Yew Militia member.
Fourth. There IS a fake YEW guild out there who is just a PK guild not to be confused with us. We hold role playing to heart.

This isn't the recruitment thread....

Noc

Wanderer

Ozzy;1759678 said:
Yeah but he clearly stated in his recruitment post that this is a new Yew milita... And since you aren't really here anymore but away on other shards and that other craphouse game AoC I don't see why you care...

Yew as a guild is preppin' for Darkfall, but there have been ideas floating around of playing on a gamers until launch. Whether this goes to fruitition is unknown but it is being discussed. The AOC branch has folded, the bugs and exploits was to much to deal with, the Yewians natural hate for level-based games didn't help either!

We would care for the exact same reasons a guild like Shadowclan or Bloodclan would care about someone re-creating a near carbon-copy guild "just cuz' your not here currently".

Yew would be willing to sanction a branch if "LordCool" would like but he has yet to go through any proper channels or mediums other than state we are dead (simply isn't the case, as the Militia of old and new is simply gearing up for the next UO mecca game) and that the name is "free to use".

I was informed about this Yew very quickly, as we would naturally still have eyes and ears in the community. LordCool is 100% free to make a "Yew based" guild of any name and theme. However the fact that we have a "Yew Militia" with similiar ranks and structure/theme is where we have a problem of confusion with true-blooded Yewians and the RP crowd of Hybrid.

If Mr. Cool would like to proceed sucessfully he should get the backing of the guild he is mimicing, and just make it official. I should clarify this means contacting us and working with us, and once approved Cool can run the show. Or change the name and theme to one of the billion other possibilities.

We are open to the branch here, but Cool must first talk to us; and I don't mean "Hey your dead so Ima' do this thing ok? You can join if you like that'd be cool!"-like PM's I have been getting either.

LordCool

Wanderer

Torgin.;1759704 said:
Fairly sure this isn't a recruitment thread since its in the General forum :p

Really? Might we have a name?

Yes, I know that is why I am thanking you.

Chronepsis.

No one owns the idea of a Yew Militia. You may own your website........you do not own the idea. I guarantee you guys were not the first ones to come up with the idea of yew militia, even if you were from osi. Im sick of people coming to hybrid yelling at people for starting guilds because they think they stole their original idea. Get over it there are no original ideas and there are no rules saying someone cant make a guild because you said so.

Torgin.

Sorceror

plague_spores;1759845 said:
I guarantee you guys were not the first ones to come up with the idea of yew militia, even if you were from osi.

Ahem. I was not around for this, but the Yew Militia came into existence a very long time ago during the Catskills era. I am fairly sure we are the original idea.

Noc

Wanderer

plague_spores;1759845 said:
No one owns the idea of a Yew Militia. You may own your website........you do not own the idea. I guarantee you guys were not the first ones to come up with the idea of yew militia, even if you were from osi. Im sick of people coming to hybrid yelling at people for starting guilds because they think they stole their original idea. Get over it there are no original ideas and there are no rules saying someone cant make a guild because you said so.

It is our idea, started shortly after the Guardsmen Militia on Europa. These two guilds were the only local Yew defense forces created, one based in NA and one based on Europa. Both guilds had plenty to differentiate themselves.

Other Yewian based guilds included Shadow Rangers and Knights of Yew. Yew Militia however, is 100% our own and still alive, albeit going under the guise of "City of Yew" for upcoming Darkfall.

It was birthed late 2000 early 2001 on Catskills.

The idea of a "Yew" based guild is not able to be taken, the Yew Militia certainly is. LordCool can make "Yew Defence Force" or something and change it up a bit, but he decided on Yew Militia because A) He was a member, B) Is trying to bank on the name for recruitment. Anyone for example can make a Orc clan and live at the Orc fort. They would be foolish to make it "Shadowclan" however and not expect a messy situation.

Someone cannot make a guild using our ranking system, theme and name without our say. It is obviously possible as already exemplified, however it is up to the true Yew Militia to decide if they want to do anything about it, as I assure they still exist in vast numbers.

Noc;1760123 said:
It is our idea, started shortly after the Guardsmen Militia on Europa. These two guilds were the only local Yew defense forces created, one based in NA and one based on Europa. Both guilds had plenty to differentiate themselves.

Other Yewian based guilds included Shadow Rangers and Knights of Yew. Yew Militia however, is 100% our own and still alive, albeit going under the guise of "City of Yew" for upcoming Darkfall.

It was birthed late 2000 early 2001 on Catskills.

The idea of a "Yew" based guild is not able to be taken, the Yew Militia certainly is. LordCool can make "Yew Defence Force" or something and change it up a bit, but he decided on Yew Militia because A) He was a member, B) Is trying to bank on the name for recruitment. Anyone for example can make a Orc clan and live at the Orc fort. They would be foolish to make it "Shadowclan" however and not expect a messy situation.

Someone cannot make a guild using our ranking system, theme and name without our say. It is obviously possible as already exemplified, however it is up to the true Yew Militia to decide if they want to do anything about it, as I assure they still exist in vast numbers.

what are you going to do sue them irl? hope you paid to copy right all your ideas since you are throwing all this nonsense out here. If its not copy righted YOU HAVE 0 RIGHTS.

And I'm pretty sure i read an article before of an interview with one of the original game developers who spoke of something very similiar, in fact parts of yew was designed for this exact thing.

Noc

Wanderer

plague_spores;1760172 said:
what are you going to do sue them irl? hope you paid to copy right all your ideas since you are throwing all this nonsense out here. If its not copy righted YOU HAVE 0 RIGHTS.

And I'm pretty sure i read an article before of an interview with one of the original game developers who spoke of something very similiar, in fact parts of yew was designed for this exact thing.

No we can't sue them, we can exercise other options such as public knowledge on the issue so that recruits understand it's not the official branch, or fighting a war in game if we want to take it that far.

What the hell does your article have to do with anything? That a developer made Yew specifically to "host Yew Militia" guilds? News to me buddy, I would like to see this article.

LordCool

Wanderer

Noc I can kindof understand your possessivness of Yew Militia as a name. But understand I am a role player at heart.

The concept of the new Yew Militia is that we have piggy backed off of the old Yew Militia and its name. Part of story is that you guys where run out of the world and destroyed by Britons (griefers), when people ask where Anubis is I tell them he is with the Avatar. However there are still people of Yew that wish to protect Yew from murderers thieves none RP characters ect. We don't use your uniform code, rank system, or build rules. We are ragtag in nature and considered outlaws and a revolutionary force, by the Knights of Sosaria.

I would appriciate your help and acceptance on the yew militia web site.

I agree with LordCool, just because the original one is no longer around doesn't mean a new one can't form, not to mention they are adding a good story as to why the original one is gone too. Just support them, they didn't come up and say "The old Militia sucked so we're doing a new one". There's room on this shard for a Yew Militia, original or not.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.