UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Yew Militia the return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drayvock

Sorceror
Re: Yew Militia the return?

Testament;1760352 said:
Just support them,

Noc;1759714 said:
Yew would be willing to sanction a branch if "LordCool" would like but he has yet to go through any proper channels or mediums other than state we are dead (simply isn't the case, as the Militia of old and new is simply gearing up for the next UO mecca game) and that the name is "free to use".

Noc is saying he will support them if they go through the proper channels, as in not going behind the original Yew Militia's back, and making up a storyline that doesn't fit.

LordCool

Wanderer

Drayvock;1760365 said:
Noc is saying he will support them if they go through the proper channels, as in not going behind the original Yew Militia's back, and making up a storyline that doesn't fit.

I didn't go behind anyones back, and isn't RPing all about making up a story line? Also Yew does not have any Lieutenants by the name of Vortimis.

Noc

Wanderer

LordCool;1760423 said:
I didn't go behind anyones back, and isn't RPing all about making up a story line? Also Yew does not have any Lieutenants by the name of Vortimis.

We do in the real Yew buddy.

Noc

Wanderer

Testament;1760352 said:
I agree with LordCool, just because the original one is no longer around doesn't mean a new one can't form, not to mention they are adding a good story as to why the original one is gone too. Just support them, they didn't come up and say "The old Militia sucked so we're doing a new one". There's room on this shard for a Yew Militia, original or not.

:)

You simply don't recreate guilds that are still in existence, even if they are busy with other games. I cannot think of any example where this is "cool to do". If the Yew Militia was dead and disbanded, sure. That is not the case.

There is room for a Yew Militia branch should LordCool go through the proper procedures. There is room for a "fake" Yew Militia as well, but it will be up to the Yew Militia to decide what to do about the situation should LordCool fail to get with the program. Rest assured it is currently being discussed.

LordCool needs to contact myself or any Yew Militia officer to arrange a branch officially on yewmilitia.com and get setup on our forums with such. It will require a vote of the core members and he will need to get their support (which we are willing to give). Or he makes a new name and a new theme, of which there are endless possibilities without trying to ressurect our name without consent.

It's just a bastardly thing to do, and our 8 year heritage will not allow such things to take place, without involving the guild (that's still very much alive) it's based on.

LordCool

Wanderer

Noc;1760551 said:
You simply don't recreate guilds that are still in existence, even if they are busy with other games. I cannot think of any example where this is "cool to do". If the Yew Militia was dead and disbanded, sure. That is not the case.

There is room for a Yew Militia branch should LordCool go through the proper procedures. There is room for a "fake" Yew Militia as well, but it will be up to the Yew Militia to decide what to do about the situation should LordCool fail to get with the program. Rest assured it is currently being discussed.

LordCool needs to contact myself or any Yew Militia officer to arrange a branch officially on yewmilitia.com and get setup on our forums with such. It will require a vote of the core members and he will need to get their support (which we are willing to give). Or he makes a new name and a new theme, of which there are endless possibilities without trying to ressurect our name without consent.

It's just a bastardly thing to do, and our 8 year heritage will not allow such things to take place, without involving the guild (that's still very much alive) it's based on.

Noc the undertone to what you are saying makes me believe that you will start griefer guild known on this shard.

Ozzy

Sorceror

I would've but I have only seen one of you guys fight against me, he briefly joined forces with SOK at the bridge to the orc fort on the RP island...

LordCool

Wanderer

Ozzy;1760767 said:
I would've but I have only seen one of you guys fight against me, he briefly joined forces with SOK at the bridge to the orc fort on the RP island...

Thats Dusty, who is also in SOK. I don't think shes been up to anything bad.

Ozzy

Sorceror

I didn't say he/she has been either... He/she behaved, there are screenshots in the scenario forum from that battle btw ^^

You don't have to be so offensive... If anyone has a problem with any of your people its their responsibility to let you know... That way we can avoid these endless forum chases on whos fault everything is.

LordCool

Wanderer

Ozzy;1760812 said:
I didn't say he/she has been either... He/she behaved, there are screenshots in the scenario forum from that battle btw ^^

You don't have to be so offensive... If anyone has a problem with any of your people its their responsibility to let you know... That way we can avoid these endless forum chases on whos fault everything is.

I did not intend to be offensive, sorry.

Torgin.

Sorceror

LordCool;1760685 said:
Noc the undertone to what you are saying makes me believe that you will start griefer guild known on this shard.

This has sparked some controversy within our forums. Don't be surprised if you get competition all the sudden.

LordCool

Wanderer

Torgin.;1760877 said:
This has sparked some controversy within our forums. Don't be surprised if you get competition all the sudden.

Thats fine, you will be bringing yourself to a pretty low low if you go out of your way to try to derail my guild.

Arcanus Baja

Wanderer

In all seriousness, i think that people that no longer even play on a game should just shut up about what happens on in it.
If you want to come back then come back. If you are simply planning on coming back to try to grief and make the current guild disband, you will be leaving shortly after and i am pretty sure that all of the RP community will help back them up.
go play your new games. and leave UO and Yew to the players that actually play a game that has Yew in it.
K Thx.

Torgin.

Sorceror

Arcanus Baja;1760892 said:
In all seriousness, i think that people that no longer even play on a game should just shut up about what happens on in it.
If you want to come back then come back. If you are simply planning on coming back to try to grief and make the current guild disband, you will be leaving shortly after and i am pretty sure that all of the RP community will help back them up.
go play your new games. and leave UO and Yew to the players that actually play a game that has Yew in it.
K Thx.

If you would like for it to be put into RP terms, there are talks that Lord British wishes to recommission us to aid the good folks of yew against the rebel soldiers masquerading as the "New" Yew Militia.

Ozzy

Sorceror

Arcanus, stop saying "kthx" you are not leet in any category... At least you haven't proven yourself leet anywhere yet.

But if we are going to talk shit about stuff in this thread now I might aswell say I never liked any of the Yew guilds simply because almost everyone in the guild is a tank/mage... A nice efficent template but in my eyes it doesn't seem very rpish. Since when was militamen fighters AND mages? I know not every Yew member is a tank mage but still.

Hooray for flame threads :)

LordCool

Wanderer

Ozzy;1760926 said:
Arcanus, stop saying "kthx" you are not leet in any category... At least you haven't proven yourself leet anywhere yet.

But if we are going to talk shit about stuff in this thread now I might aswell say I never liked any of the Yew guilds simply because almost everyone in the guild is a tank/mage... A nice efficent template but in my eyes it doesn't seem very rpish. Since when was militamen fighters AND mages? I know not every Yew member is a tank mage but still.

Hey ozzy cut me some slack, I'm a bola tamer. Just making a joke. but for real I'm a freakin bola tamer.

Torgin.

Sorceror

Ozzy;1760926 said:

I promise you that there was never a ranger that was allowed to "manipulate the wickedness" while I was around, and that was for quite a long time. :D

Arcanus Baja;1760892 said:
K Thx.

amen to this post. Arcanus sums it up.

I will make sure that TcD backs up the new guild and squashes any grief guild formed by the old yew to try to disrupt the yew militia of hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.