UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes to Test Center

Prince Rainier

Sorceror
We're going to do stuff to jazz up PVP - redoing a lot of faction stuff, some changes to guilds etc... adding runic bows and staves was a big change for pvp... people pretend that it was no big deal and have already forgotten about it.

We don't even know where to get runic kits for wood.

Not being able to recall to dungeons worked on ipy:
1) there was an escape gate on every floor. PKs would rush a dungeon, everyone would scramble, walls of stone would be thrown ect. Lots of fun.
2) No one used tamers on ipy because dragons would get pulled every spawn. So I like the idea of have a stable on every floor.
3) pks took stat real loss, so that was the risk/reward.
4) put a ghost or a hidden character with a detect hidden macro running on a second client- solves all the problems of getting pked. If you do that you will even get pked less than before.

Last edited:

lolz

GimpCent

Knight
Stuff that may of worked on IPY doesn't mean it will work on a shard that has been around for 10 years+. Gold sink or not

IPY was like that from the beginning and people needed money. So good system or not the dungeons would of been active. Hell I used to farm Harpies on IPY doesn't mean I would here.

Hybrids problems are vastly different. Saying this worked on IPY doesn't mean honestly much at all.

Last edited:

Prince Rainier

Sorceror
Stuff that may of worked on IPY doesn't mean it will work on a shard that has been around for 10 years+. Gold sink or not

Its the same game. the age of the server dose not matter.

IPY was like that from the beginning and people needed money. So good system or not the dungeons would of been active. Hell I used to farm Harpies on IPY doesn't mean I would here.

If Ryan makes the items worth going to then yes people will go there.

Saying this worked on IPY doesn't mean honestly much at all.

Yes it does. Why make a test server when you had ipy as a test.

Also how often do you go into a dungeon now? Daily, weekly, monthly?

If the only incentive for players to enter the dungeon is gold/magic weapons, I'm not too sure it would be a hell of a hot place to be. Gimp is right in that players largely went into ipy dungeons for their gold because that was what was needed for them. On this server, everybody is rich. They may try it out a few times, but they will eventually die a few times and never go back in.

Prince Rainier

Sorceror
If the only incentive for players to enter the dungeon is gold/magic weapons, I'm not too sure it would be a hell of a hot place to be. Gimp is right in that players largely went into ipy dungeons for their gold because that was what was needed for them. On this server, everybody is rich. They may try it out a few times, but they will eventually die a few times and never go back in.

People will go into a dungeon if there is something they want or need. Drop house deco from monsters instead of steal able rares. Ill go into a dungeon then.

GimpCent

Knight
Its the same game. the age of the server dose not matter.

If Ryan makes the items worth going to then yes people will go there.

Yes it does. Why make a test server when you had ipy as a test.

Also how often do you go into a dungeon now? Daily, weekly, monthly?

-1 critical thinking

Okay, the age of the server very much does matter. I have between 30-40 Golden Runic Smith Hammers. On IPY I didnt have that so I farmed for magic weapons.

On Hybrid I would just buy out all the arrow vendors up to 999 if I needed arrows. On IPY because of lack of money I would go farm harpies for feathers and farm lumber from trees.

The age of the server very fucking much does matter if you would take the time to actually read what I wrote. The problem is we all have too much stuff.

I personally have around 30,000 bolas, million of each reg, more runic hammers then a guild would need and I am not alone. We need a reason to go into these dungeon but in no way does that mean we need no recall.

We just need a reason, you folks want to change shit that no one really complained about. You are pissing in the wind for what?

How about you fix dungeons first and stop putting the cart before the horse.......

Last edited:

Prince Rainier

Sorceror
On Hybrid I would just buy out all the arrow vendors up to 999 if I needed arrows. On IPY because of lack of money I would go farm harpies for feathers and farm lumber from trees.

So you played IPY only at the start? Everyone could afford to buy what ever they wanted. And no you didnt have to go into a dungeon, afk fish for all the gold you ever wanted.

Prince Rainier

Sorceror
Okay, the age of the server very much does matter. I have between 30-40 Golden Runic Smith Hammers. On IPY I didnt have that so I farmed for magic weapons.

Your argument is a circle. You dont want awesome rare drops? But you want people in dungeons farming for gold that they dont need?

Prince Rainier

Sorceror
I always here how "hard core hybrid is" you all are pussys. FAT VAGINAS. Go play on a perma death server where you have to scavenge for supplies. If your character does not eat he dies. And you are worried about not recalling into a dungeon spot for gold you dont need. PUSSY! Grow some balls and make this 10 year old game some fun.

Every time shini posts I get distracted by his lovable messages he leaves behind for all to read for the rest of eternity! If I could send him anime love I would.

Prince Rainier

Sorceror
... nobody is worried , it's just pointless just like you said yourself.

Apparently, they are. Read the last 5 pages of comments about how this will ruin farming. If its pointless then let him make whatever changes he wants.

GimpCent

Knight
Price I swear you dont even read what you reply to. You repeatly misunderstand simple things I am saying. I dont really see the point is reply to you when you aren't going to read what your spouting off about.

Last edited:

GimpCent

Knight
So you played IPY only at the start? Everyone could afford to buy what ever they wanted. And no you didnt have to go into a dungeon, afk fish for all the gold you ever wanted.

That isn't even true, but maybe you are talking about IPY version 3 or something. IPY wasn't great it was just popular because of WTFman.com. Do I really need to give you a god damn history lesson?

PS I was "a wood board" and if you played IPY you would of known me..... I am not saying that because I was some great pvper but because I was the one that looted all the houses. Az had to make repeated posts about it.

So spare me your bullshit. Maybe we should have full house loot. I mean IPY did it and it worked by your logic.

Last edited:

Prince Rainier

Sorceror
ou repeatly misunderstand simple things I am saying

Clear it up for me. This is what is sounds like to me. Things wont work on hybrid that worked on other popular shards because we are rich and dont need gold. Is that it? Fuck it. Ryan wipe the shard.

Shake__

Wanderer
UO PVE fucking sucks and always will. Find a way to get people in dungeons. Add rares to specific spawn and tell everyone. Hold dungeon events. Make a mini champ spawn appear daily where moongates open in towns and the boss drops a rare.

Clear it up for me. This is what is sounds like to me. Things wont work on hybrid that worked on other popular shards because we are rich and dont need gold. Is that it? Fuck it. Ryan wipe the shard.
That's exactly what it is.

UO PVE fucking sucks and always will. Find a way to get people in dungeons. Add rares to specific spawn and tell everyone. Hold dungeon events. Make a mini champ spawn appear daily where moongates open in towns and the boss drops a rare.

That's exactly what it is.
would also create pvp action and give a chance for tamers to "fit in" the scene... can you make a post about this or may I?