UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Fisherman Template Help

Barnicoat

Knight
Re: Fisherman Template Help

No... I didn't lol. I think I'm leaning towards Archery anyway, just trying to work it out now... Something like:

Fishing 100
Magic 100
Eval Int 80
Resist 70
Med 50
Chiv 50
Bushido 50
Tactics 100
Archery 100

Or something??? rofl... ugh.

Bama

Bug Huntress

Barnicoat;730134 said:
By the way, thanks for the guild title :p appreciate it hah.

The title is so LaRue knows who added you to the guild.
When she sees it she will change it

Barnicoat

Knight

I've just got work that you basically need a Greater Dragon to solo Leviathan.... meaning I need a fisher/tamer. Something like this:

fishing 100
magery 100
taming 110
lore 110
eval 115
vet 100
med 65

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

I have a couple of notes on that claim. Firstly, taming is really really boring. Also, you don't NEED to solo a Leviathan, if you don't want to. It could be a lot of fun as a group project for you and your fishing bros. Pont has a video of him soloing a paragon ancient wyrm - naked. If he can manage that, I refuse to believe that using a greater dragon on a Leviathan is in any way necessary. It maybe a lot easier, but so are most things with a tamer.

Barnicoat

Knight

Very true. That's a good point. I do despise taming a fair amount. But I want to be able to kill leviathan.

I guess in the end it comes down to whether or not there are other fishers willing to come on fishing trips.

But even one or two more people would make it worth it.

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

For a chance at a marty and some fun, it's usually not hard to find a small group. I know that I would be happy to help you and even give you the marty if I ended up with one. I know of 2 or 3 other players who would be happy to help with Leviathan slaying.

Onça

Sorceror

Barnicoat;730133 said:
No... I didn't lol. I think I'm leaning towards Archery anyway, just trying to work it out now... Something like:

Fishing 100
Magic 100
Eval Int 80
Resist 70
Med 50
Chiv 50
Bushido 50
Tactics 100
Archery 100

Or something??? rofl... ugh.

For a while I've thought an archer mage would be a great fisher. Get a good spell channeling bow and continue a barrage of arrows in between spells. Maybe have 20 necro (or none with a human!) and use wraith form for mana leech with a spell channeling bow.

Barnicoat

Knight

Apparently theres some conflict between Dex and Int if you try and have archery and magery on one char. How would we work around that?

Barnicoat

Knight

and to FencerMonkey, that sounds like a good idea.

I've come up with all sorts of insane templates that would probably be better suited to a small team, such as:

magery 100
eval int 115
med 100
resist 85
fishing 100
anatomy 100
healing 100

Barnicoat

Knight

I've come to 3 conclusions for a fisherman capable of fighting and surviving in a team of 2-3 players (and by I, I mean partly me, mostly with help of 4 or 5 others):

fishing 100
magery 100
eval 100
resist 100
meditation 100
anat 100
healing 100

OR

fishing 100
chiv 100
bushido 100
focus 100
resist 100
archery 100
tactics 100

OR

fishing 100
tactics 100
anatomy 100
necro 100
resist 80
chiv 70
bushido 50
archery 100

That's assuming we can't have magery and archery on the same character due to problems needing high str, dex and int all at the same time.

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

Mana regen and mana leech will fix your mana problems. I just picked up a daisho with mana leech and its AWESOME. I love it. I'm a strong supporter of the idea that you play the character you like, and find other players to fill in the gaps. That is the essence of an MMO. It's the reason I only use one or two characters. The game is a ton more fun when you don't have to worry about covering every hole and soloing every situation.

Edit : The edit button is very useful to avoid reposting so much. My vote goes for #2.

Barnicoat

Knight

Hehe, epic discussions.

With that second template. Is focus needed, maybe sub it out for anatomy to up damage for archery?

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

I've never played an archer, so I can't say anything about it. You don't need focus, though. You can just carry some refresh potions. I'm looking back over the templates, and I think #3 would actually be the best. You could probably drop Necro a bit and use jewels/midnight bracers to vampire form.

Barnicoat

Knight

Fishing 100
Tactics 115
Anatomy 115
Resist 80
Archery 100
Chiv 70
Bushido 50
Necro 70

Yes?

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

Assuming a 700 point skill cap, that vampire form life leech works with bows, and that the bow hits fast enough to keep you alive, that should work quite well.