UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

gank pics

selo

Wanderer
Re: gank pics

Saikron;1310846 said:
Marriott i think most of the people that play UOG are normal in real life: unintelligent, greedy, and lonely. This trinity provides the perfect conditions for ganking and things like it to run rampant. In real life it doesn't surprise me much when massive corporations cheat farmers (they got ganked), or when somebody assassinates MLK (he got ganked), or when terrorists fly planes into the WTC (we got ganked). I understand that normally people like these show up, but it bugs me when most of the people that make up our little sector of world culture are young folks, and they emulate the kind of ego-driven, power hungry, inconsiderate behavior that humans have grown to expect out of the shittiest members of society. It seems like with however many players UOG has it would be easy to get together and make a community that is more friendly than real life instead of one that is piss poor in comparison.

This is a game. It is an escape from real life. People play to be entertained, not to simulate morals or a perfect society.

Mekkahfire

Wanderer

So youre telling me that getting ganked beyond any recovery and losing all of your regs, pots, weapons, and armor that you've put real time in obtaining over and over and over and over and over again is entertaining to you?

In that case, give me your bank account information. Ill keep you entertained all day.

selo

Wanderer

Marriott;1313079 said:
So youre telling me that getting ganked beyond any recovery and losing all of your regs, pots, weapons, and armor that you've put real time in obtaining over and over and over and over and over again is entertaining to you?

In that case, give me your bank account information. Ill keep you entertained all day.

Two things. Firstly you are a douche, obviously I was responding to the comments made by Saikron and his likening of UO to the problems of society in real life. Secondly, yes it is entertaining, I do enjoy it, that is why I keep playing the game. If it wasn't entertaining to me why would I keep playing? I mean for someone to keep playing and them not find it entertainment says alot about their real life. If one would rather keep having a bad time on a computer game because getting off would be worse than I pity them.

Saikron

Wanderer

A black man (fast & big);1313067 said:
This is a game. It is an escape from real life. People play to be entertained, not to simulate morals or a perfect society.

Where do people learn that stating the obvious makes stronger arguments?

Simulate morals? I expect people to have morals period not simulate them... I'm not really sure what you are trying to say lol. Should the internet remove morality and sportsmanlike conduct from a game?

Perfect society? I didn't ask for perfect I just asked for reasonable rational behavior. If you are arguing that that is perfection compared to what UOG currently is, my bad, I agree. ;p

A Walrus

Wanderer

A black man (fast & big);1313095 said:
Two things. Firstly you are a douche, obviously I was responding to the comments made by Saikron and his likening of UO to the problems of society in real life. Secondly, yes it is entertaining, I do enjoy it, that is why I keep playing the game. If it wasn't entertaining to me why would I keep playing? I mean for someone to keep playing and them not find it entertainment says alot about their real life. If one would rather keep having a bad time on a computer game because getting off would be worse than I pity them.
i think the word addicted defines the people who play even tho they hate it... if not that then they only really play to do something with their e-friends. I will go out and like solo till i die (usually rather fast) and then just go do something on another game or irl until i get aimed by someone who wants to play.

selo

Wanderer

Marriott;1313199 said:
Thanks for playing.

You are intelligent.

Saikron said:
Simulate morals? I expect people to have morals period not simulate them... I'm not really sure what you are trying to say lol. Should the internet remove morality and sportsmanlike conduct from a game?

Well being moral usually doesn't involve killing people or stealing from them. If you are going to be moral on an online game well then have fun playing runescape. Sportsmanlike conduct is for that purporse. For sports players in a sports context. This is not a sport or a game to be played fairly. It is impossible to be fair online.

Mazer

UOGamers: Divinity Forum Moderator

So I fielded with some people today for about 30 minutes.. Went well, we killed one person:

Good times.

krrios

Administrator

i died 4 times trying to get a picture of getting ganked. and it's not even that good.

fuckers.