UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

house drop event

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: house drop event

First and foremost... I am sorry for your loss Khephran. That had to be terrible for everyone but at least she passed quietly in her sleep *hugs*

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I am posting a second message because NOTHING should go with the other message, which is WAY more important than anything game related.

BUT....

I feel sorry for the staff because they will get bitched at if they do or dont do anything

QFT

I think the quest sounds VERY fun and you all will be happy afterwards....well, ok, the ones who always gripe won't be, but several of you will :)

marcusstone

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;342493 said:
I am posting a second message because NOTHING should go with the other message, which is WAY more important than anything game related.

BUT....

QFT

I think the quest sounds VERY fun and you all will be happy afterwards....well, ok, the ones who always gripe won't be, but several of you will :)

I hope you don't see my post about having the house fall on christmas day a gripe... I wasn't trying to bitch... I can tell by ferris' post that he would have rather been spending christmas with his son then having to worry about dropping the stupid idoc...
I can see his annoyance, but I can't really say I feel sorry for him, because it was his choice to do it...
"You can't please all the people all the time"
If I was staff, I would have shut the shard down for the holiday. It would have caused whining and complaining, but it's only one day, and I think people can go without uo for one day...
That said, I was online, but I am 8 hours ahead of Eastern Time, and we celebrate christmas at midnight christmas eve here in sicily, so I was already done my holiday stuff :)
I am sure I could have found something else to do with out uo though. I ended up logging after a while, because I went out :)
It sucks I missed the house, but I can't say I really care... People who get their pixilated panties in a bunch over computerized wealth make me laugh... I gave away over 200k worth of gifts at Luna bank on christmas eve, simply because NOTHING in UO is as important as Real life...

Anyway, Keph, I am sorry about your christmas man... I hope you and your family find strength in your time of loss...

UOJanelle

Wanderer

marcusstone;342523 said:
I wasn't trying to bitch... I can tell by ferris' post that he would have rather been spending christmas with his son then having to worry about dropping the stupid idoc...
I can see his annoyance, but I can't really say I feel sorry for him, because it was his choice to do it...

Indeed, it was his choice....instead of letting nature take its course and let it fall just like the other idocs do.
Why schedule that IDOC on Christmas? He didn't get to enjoy it at the fullest and spend it like he wanted...and hundreds of other people didn't either waiting, by choice, for the house to drop with all the goodies. Not only did they not enjoy the long wait on Christmas, the arties were removed before their very eyes. The staff knew that if they did this, people would complain, and the staff did it anyway. Oh well, staff shouldn't complain that people complained about the IDOC event, it was expected.

I'd just like to add that I love the fact that the staff is really involved in developing events for us....however with the idocs...I really feel the staff should just let it fall naturally.

Thanks to the staff for all the other events...I had a BLAST!

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

We will do whatever we wish with ill gotten goods. We have never once interfered with a normal IDOC other then jailing placers who use EasyUO.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

UOJanelle, I know players are not really familiar with who does what on shard, BUT Ferris was only dropping it for Cronus who decided to start the chain of events on 12/25/07.... unlike most other shards, our staff are really team players and try to help others out so when Cronus was called off, Ferris stepped up to the plate :)

Staff RARELY mess with IDOCs. In fact, if the ban is bad enough, the whole darn house and everything inside is deleted (such as those with the recent gold exploit) because if it fell, it would ROYALLY screw up the economy. Other stuff, we just let fall. What makes this IDOC very special is the location of the house and the number of tots inside. When a person places a house over IDOC items, all the items stick under the house plot meaning ONE person would benefit. Staff decided that it would be best to try to spread the wealth so one person doesn't find all the benefit of ill-gotten wealth.

So... sometimes we step in... but let me say that this is the second time in my almost 2 years of staffing that this has ever happened.... I think the way it is being handled is pretty sweet and you all will enjoy how it turns out.

I could be wrong... probably am. LOL

LC

UOJanelle

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;342540 said:
So... sometimes we step in... but let me say that this is the second time in my almost 2 years of staffing that this has ever happened.... I think the way it is being handled is pretty sweet and you all will enjoy how it turns out.

I could be wrong... probably am. LOL

LC

Thank you for explaining how idocs and placing a new house work. I didn't know that the items can stick under the house.

The only reason I mentioned "letting idoc fall and let nature take its course" is that I have only been playing 4 months on demise and this is the second house I see in Luna that has been turned into an event by the staff. The other house was a couple months ago on the North West Corner of Luna. This is the only reason I mention it.

BTW, I absolutely loved the champ spawn event yesterday and the events that followed.

We are looking forward to the developing story and the events to follow.

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

UOJanelle;342552 said:
The only reason I mentioned "letting idoc fall and let nature take its course" is that I have only been playing 4 months on demise and this is the second house I see in Luna that has been turned into an event by the staff. The other house was a couple months ago on the North West Corner of Luna. This is the only reason I mention it.

That house was also owned by the same person.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Caine is right... the house a couple of months ago was the same person (the individual banned). There have been several houses in Luna that have fallen naturallly and I'm sure there will be several more :)

Rops

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;342540 said:
Staff RARELY mess with IDOCs. In fact, if the ban is bad enough, the whole darn house and everything inside is deleted (such as those with the recent gold exploit) because if it fell, it would ROYALLY screw up the economy.

I agree this, but IMO the best way was to delete the house at the same time of the ban without any notice, rather than the event that disappoints guys.

marcusstone

Sorceror

I think staff can understand this disipointment, but at the same time, I think you guys are doing a bang up job with everything recently...
The events have been great, The new web site is great, etc... I think people feel misled about waiting for arti's, when there was none... It being christmas, no one wanted to wait around...
Thank you Feris for taking time out from your family to do what you did, dispite whatever common concencious was/is... I assume by the admin posts that we may be seeing some of these items in the upcoming chain of events, which in the long run will be a lot fairer, and more benificial to the player base then the idoc would have been anyway...
I think the real failure here was a combination of not enough time to organize properly due to the holiday, and false assumptions by the player base... I have already stated the fact that I think it was a mistake to run the whole thing on christmas day, but that said, what's done is done, and I trust your judgement as the admins, I think sometimes players see the smaller picture, when we should be looking at the bigger picture...

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I agree this, but IMO the best way was to delete the house at the same time of the ban without any notice, rather than the event that disappoints guys.
Great idea except this house is in a VERY high traffic area which means anyone walking by at that very moment had the opportunity of a lifetime over anyone else. Even leaving the house completely alone was better than pure deletion because at least then players would have the house sign as a general warning that the house would be falling.

Sadly, as stated by marcus, a lot of assumptions were made about the house sign that said 12/25/07. Unlike the other house which had a clear posting, this one was left more so to the fact that a chain of events would start on the 25th, not necessarily the house falling and all the items getting swooped up in a matter of seconds.

The only statement that I do not think is correct is:
was a combination of not enough time to organize properly due to the holiday
In actuality, Cronus has been working on this for a while so as far as staff side is concerned, there is no lack of organization. In fact, like always, the organization and plan are in place :) Of course, players cannot know this nor should you - it all can ruin the element of the game that UO is known for.

In all fairness, even with the other IDOC a few months ago - the exact time of the drop was posted wlel in advance and people still chose to stand around. I would show myself and let them know they had hours and hours to go before it would drop, but those people refused to budge. So - if a person chose to waste their time staring at their computer screen, its not like anyone posting would have gotten them to leave. History repeats itself.

LC

[Drakull]

Knight

Khephren;342478 said:
but hey, merry christmas to all.... celebrate New Years for me cause it wont be that joyfull over here.

Sorry to hear that, Khephren. People gives too much importance to a few stupid bytes. If it were my decission that house would have been just totally removed (deleting all, even decorations) and a decorative garden would be sitting in there instead so no player could place a house.

marcusstone

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;342644 said:
Great idea except this house is in a VERY high traffic area which means anyone walking by at that very moment had the opportunity of a lifetime over anyone else. Even leaving the house completely alone was better than pure deletion because at least then players would have the house sign as a general warning that the house would be falling.

Sadly, as stated by marcus, a lot of assumptions were made about the house sign that said 12/25/07. Unlike the other house which had a clear posting, this one was left more so to the fact that a chain of events would start on the 25th, not necessarily the house falling and all the items getting swooped up in a matter of seconds.

The only statement that I do not think is correct is:

In actuality, Cronus has been working on this for a while so as far as staff side is concerned, there is no lack of organization. In fact, like always, the organization and plan are in place :) Of course, players cannot know this nor should you - it all can ruin the element of the game that UO is known for.

In all fairness, even with the other IDOC a few months ago - the exact time of the drop was posted wlel in advance and people still chose to stand around. I would show myself and let them know they had hours and hours to go before it would drop, but those people refused to budge. So - if a person chose to waste their time staring at their computer screen, its not like anyone posting would have gotten them to leave. History repeats itself.

LC
I sat there, but was afk for the most part, running doom and tok with my thief on another client...
I guess lack of planing was a bad choice of words... I just wouldn't have made it on christmas day... Anyway, I have a feeling this quest if gonna be a good one, and I am not going to keep voicing my opinion on the matter, because I am not trying to argue a point, or try to say staff was wrong... was the admins choice to do it how they did it, and that's the way it is :)
I didn't mean any of my posts to sound offensive, or whiney... was just voicing my opinion, which is sometimes wrong... (But not often)
And It was clearly posted that it wasn't gonna fall, with signs, staff messages, etc... I sat there mainly for the convinence of not having to move once it started...

Olaf

Wanderer

Pretty mindblowing that people would sit in front of their computers on christmas day instead of enjoying their family or the shit they got.

The day I spent Christmas parked in front of my computer for HOURS on end waiting for some video game "loot" is the day I take my computer outside, soak it in gasoline and burn it.

repiovesana

Sorceror

Olaf;342765 said:
Pretty mindblowing that people would sit in front of their computers on christmas day instead of enjoying their family or the shit they got.

The day I spent Christmas parked in front of my computer for HOURS on end waiting for some video game "loot" is the day I take my computer outside, soak it in gasoline and burn it.
You're so damn right!

Drittz

Wanderer

i think alot of ppl forget that not everyone celebrates xmas so for some spending all day "looking at pixels" is just another day

Serenity

Wanderer

marcusstone;342640 said:
I think people feel misled about waiting for arti's, when there was none...

I think I summed it up when i stated to those waiting in-game, and later on the first page of this very thread when i said:

CNS Serenity;342047 said:
No decision has been made as to the schedule of the drop, or if it is to occur at all.

When and if such a decision has been made it will be posted in the event section of the forums.

I guess some people are just to blind with greed to pay any attention to staff notices.

marcusstone

Sorceror

Sorry Serinity, I didn't see you mention that in game...
I wasn't there the whole time...
I DID read the last post...
I guess I can admit it was a lack of understanding on my part... But TBH, I logged out before the drop anyway because I got sick of waiting, sense you guys did say nothing had been decided yet...
Like I said, not a big deal, life goes on... :)
As far as Christmas goes, being 6 hours ahead in italy, and celebrating christmas at midnight the 24th as is customary (which would be 6pm on the 24th for east coasters, I wasn't really "Wasting my christmas"
Not everyone follows American custome... And we're not on the same time... So flames regarding us not spending xmas with our family are out of line IMO...

cmcmcm

Knight

well.

xmas at least is a moment to stay with family...i think.

the event was for ppl's that preffer to stay in a computer.

i would be shame to own the ekin's house...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.