UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

lament, best pvper ever

character

Wanderer
Re: lament, best pvper ever

of no importance;2146518 said:
Explo pots, high level magic ar, wands, runic wepons ..... seems like we are if you ask me.

of no importance;2146518 said:
The only problem with WoW is the never ending cycle of leveling and gearing. If there was such a thing as max gear the playing field would equal out.

? So is WoW like uo because of the items? which almost every single game has items? uo players do not define item based by regs, pots, armor, wands, runics - runics is iffy imo. But just like you said THE GEAR IS MAXed so that everyone can have the exact same thing as other people for a cheap cheap price. Hell if you are good enough you can go out the house with 50 of ea reg and some refresh pots and kill and take their shit.

you --- diablo, starcraft, uo, diablo 2, myth II: soul blighter, team fortress, counter strike, doom, guild wars, WoW, Runes of magic

me - k only game in there worth a fuck is counterstrike and uo. and how do you know i dont play other games? i play games worth a fuck but i guess what you like is what you like just dont try to compare wow to uo is all when it is nothing like it.

you - In contrast i could simply say “wow you only played UO? .... nuff said!

me - when did i say i only played uo? oh i didnt?

you - The actual game that takes up that time is hardly as important as the fun of hanging out with a group of people

me - i play for the game not for meeting people and voice progs are what have ruined uo imo. let us get 17 friends and go out just dropping target closest innocent when i say. yeah real fun

of no importance;2146971 said:
When that group element faded away for various reasons, i resorted to the game that i had the most fun with playing solo, which is UO

When you start out with a crew of 17 on UO uog and they all leave slowly but surely, and you end up being the lone man left, why not give shit a shot?

?

of no importance;2146971 said:
If you have not played WoW how do you know how bad it is?

First off i have seen people play it, i have seen screenshots. i dont have to play a game to tell it isnt my style and it is retarded. same way i can tell a piece of shit is a piece of shit by looking at it..

Skyfal;2147177 said:
? So is WoW like uo because of the items? which almost every single game has items? uo players do not define item based by regs, pots, armor, wands, runics - runics is iffy imo. But just like you said THE GEAR IS MAXed so that everyone can have the exact same thing as other people for a cheap cheap price. Hell if you are good enough you can go out the house with 50 of ea reg and some refresh pots and kill and take their shit.

you --- diablo, starcraft, uo, diablo 2, myth II: soul blighter, team fortress, counter strike, doom, guild wars, WoW, Runes of magic

me - k only game in there worth a fuck is counterstrike and uo. and how do you know i dont play other games? i play games worth a fuck but i guess what you like is what you like just dont try to compare wow to uo is all when it is nothing like it.

you - In contrast i could simply say “wow you only played UO? .... nuff said!

me - when did i say i only played uo? oh i didnt?

you - The actual game that takes up that time is hardly as important as the fun of hanging out with a group of people

me - i play for the game not for meeting people and voice progs are what have ruined uo imo. let us get 17 friends and go out just dropping target closest innocent when i say. yeah real fun

?

First off i have seen people play it, i have seen screenshots. i dont have to play a game to tell it isnt my style and it is retarded. same way i can tell a piece of shit is a piece of shit by looking at it..

12 million people paying 15$ a month say you're a lier.

I've played wow it isn't as gearbased as you'd think by the way people talk.

character

Wanderer

Dany Mortal;2147178 said:
12 million people paying 15$ a month say you're a lier.

I've played wow it isn't as gearbased as you'd think by the way people talk.

so because more people play wow that means it is a better game then uo? how many people play runescape or have played it? does that mean it isnt a game for 7 year olds?

edit - Runescape must be good if this many people play it.

There are over 257 million accounts created. This number will increase substantially.
Since: 27/5/09
RuneScape is logged in the Guinness World Records as the most popular free MMORRG game with approximately 8.5 million active accounts, first created by Andrew Gower in 1998, as DeviousMUD but was then later recreated as RuneScape. DeviousMUD was never released to the public.

WillyDaSquid

Sorceror

Skyfal;2147182 said:
so because more people play wow that means it is a better game then uo? how many people play runescape or have played it? does that mean it isnt a game for 7 year olds?

There are over 257 million accounts created. This number will increase substantially.
RuneScape is logged in the Guinness World Records as the most popular free MMORRG game with approximately 8.5 million active accounts, first created by Andrew Gower in 1998, as DeviousMUD but was then later recreated as RuneScape. DeviousMUD was never released to the public.

active subs were what he was speaking too.. it doesn't say its a better game.. well it kinda does.. when you think about the only way you can unbiasedly measure a games value..

if you can think of another way to measure a game against another without it being relative of that individual then ill understand.. but i dont know a way you can

subs = success in the mmo world

no matter how many people bitch and moan about wow being for newbs or whatever.. its still #1.. i dont like wow.. ask aitne how i feel about it.. cant knock a game for its popularity though.. or the ridiculous hold it has on the industry

character

Wanderer

WillyDaSquid;2147191 said:
active subs were what he was speaking too.. it doesn't say its a better game.. well it kinda does.. when you think about the only way you can unbiasedly measure a games value..

if you can think of another way to measure a game against another without it being relative of that individual then ill understand.. but i dont know a way you can

subs = success in the mmo world

no matter how many people bitch and moan about wow being for newbs or whatever.. its still #1.. i dont like wow.. ask aitne how i feel about it.. cant knock a game for its popularity though.. or the ridiculous hold it has on the industry

so basically wow is the most played game of its time? so does that mean wow is the best game ever created? but tbh i do understand what you are saying. this all started because someone wanted to compare wow to uo then contradicted himself instantly.

tcush09

Sorceror

Lament;2142979 said:

Lament;2142979 said:
100 times better looking

Lament;2142979 said:

Lament;2142979 said:
healthier

Lament;2142979 said:
DO NOT KID YOURSELF
Lament;2142979 said:
DO NOT KID YOURSELF
Lament;2142979 said:
DO NOT KID YOURSELF
Lament;2142979 said:
DO NOT KID YOURSELF

/thread

Seriously though.. very rarely do I laugh out loud from anything I see in a forum, but this thread is amazing.

Skyfal;2147182 said:

You have to realize runescape is free, that means anyone can have as many accounts as they want. I know alot of people who run a ton of mining bots and sell the ore on that game for irl $$. I'd say there is probably 100k players on runescape. Wow is thinking of going F2P soo...If that happens, guess who has that record on lockdown.

WoW Facts :

Over 12million subscribers
x 15$ a month
= 180million a month
= 2.16billion a year

+
12million people paying on average 110$ to upgrade to WoTLK not including upcoming cataclysm sales
= 1.32 billion

IDK bro I think they're doing pretty well.

character

Wanderer

Dany Mortal;2147297 said:
You have to realize runescape is free, that means anyone can have as many accounts as they want. I know alot of people who run a ton of mining bots and sell the ore on that game for irl $$. I'd say there is probably 100k players on runescape. Wow is thinking of going F2P soo...If that happens, guess who has that record on lockdown.

WoW Facts :

Over 12million subscribers
x 15$ a month
= 180million a month
= 2.16billion a year

+
12million people paying on average 110$ to upgrade to WoTLK not including upcoming cataclysm sales
= 1.32 billion

IDK bro I think they're doing pretty well.

Ty for proving a point that i havnt even said yet. you do realize wow gievs free trials and has since it was released just as uo does it 15 day free trial. back on real uo i use to make free trials to store houses and keep switching them out every 10-14days. you really think people do not do shit like that on wow? you think every single registered account is paid for? shit ive had 2000 accounts firewalled on this shard.. imagine how many accounts i have had with 15 day free trials on uo ducking the rules.

character

Wanderer

p.s never said they werent doing well. my only assumptions before you said something was that wow looked and smelled like a piece of shit game and that wow being compared to uo is just retarded.

there is no doubt wow is making bank lol

Skyfal;2147308 said:
Ty for proving a point that i havnt even said yet. you do realize wow gievs free trials and has since it was released just as uo does it 15 day free trial. back on real uo i use to make free trials to store houses and keep switching them out every 10-14days. you really think people do not do shit like that on wow? you think every single registered account is paid for? shit ive had 2000 accounts firewalled on this shard.. imagine how many accounts i have had with 15 day free trials on uo ducking the rules.

They weren't your accounts that you got firewalled, and the term subscriber doesn't include trial accounts, I'm afraid to say. Ontop of that trial accounts in WoW are severely limited..

A level cap of 20.
- A maximum of 10 gold.
- Trade skills are capped at 100 ranks.
- Inability to trade via the auction house, mailbox, or player-to-player.
- In-Game public chat channels will be unavailable. (Players will still be able to communicate using say, party, or whispers).
- Characters will be unable to create or join existing guilds.
- Accounts will no longer be able to whisper other players unless they have been added to those players' friends lists or have received a whisper from them first.
- Characters will not be able to invite players into a party.
- Characters will not be able to join parties with other players above level 20.
- Voice Chat is disabled on trial accounts.
- Realms with login queues will give priority to customers with retail accounts.
- Will not be eligible for any Character Transfer service.
- RealID features are disabled on trial accounts.

When I said 12 million, I meant 12 million active subscribers.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/press/pressreleases.html?101007

character

Wanderer

Dany Mortal;2147319 said:
They weren't your accounts that you got firewalled, and the term subscriber doesn't include trial accounts, I'm afraid to say. Ontop of that trial accounts in WoW are severely limited..

A level cap of 20.
- A maximum of 10 gold.
- Trade skills are capped at 100 ranks.
- Inability to trade via the auction house, mailbox, or player-to-player.
- In-Game public chat channels will be unavailable. (Players will still be able to communicate using say, party, or whispers).
- Characters will be unable to create or join existing guilds.
- Accounts will no longer be able to whisper other players unless they have been added to those players' friends lists or have received a whisper from them first.
- Characters will not be able to invite players into a party.
- Characters will not be able to join parties with other players above level 20.
- Voice Chat is disabled on trial accounts.
- Realms with login queues will give priority to customers with retail accounts.
- Will not be eligible for any Character Transfer service.
- RealID features are disabled on trial accounts.

When I said 12 million, I meant 12 million active subscribers.

that sounds like someone was abusing it maybe?

character

Wanderer

and can you show me where it says that they are current subscribers over the month of 1? would like to see that.

where does it say the term subscriber doesnt include free accounts? why wouldnt a game want to show every single subscriber whether it is free or paid for? cant hurt it and can help it greatly.

I'm sure Blizzard knows that how many accounts are over 1 month, but I doubt they'll openly put it out there for people. I was reading, but I'm not too sure what your problem is with WoW?

Skyfal;2147326 said:
and can you show me where it says that they are current subscribers over the month of 1? would like to see that.

where does it say the term subscriber doesnt include free accounts? why wouldnt a game want to show every single subscriber whether it is free or paid for? cant hurt it and can help it greatly.

A trial says

"Trial Account" on your account manager whereas if you buy the game[you don't get a "free" month when you get a trial account either] it says "Active Subscriber".

character

Wanderer

current subscribers over the month of 1 - once again

there is a free trial but never said it was 1month full. shit even uo is 15day im sure wows is the same.

but anyway i dont really care.

RAKninja

Page

Skyfal;2147177 said:

back in the day, magic weapons worth a fuck were rare as shit. there were no runics. everyone used GM crafted gear.

pots were semi-rare, as not everyone had at least one alchemist, and there was no bonus damage to e-pots.

7x GMs were not really something you bumped into everyday, and most people were on foot because by some odd reason, on dial up to the clogged OSI servers, having a mount made you slower.

UO wasent gear based, but it is now, and here to a lesser extent.

ifyou ask me, it was better like it was in the old days. the economy wasent driven by pvm loot and handouts. it was "climbing the mountain" that was part of the fun, not just sitting at the peak.

WillyDaSquid

Sorceror

Skyfal;2147326 said:

Even in the case that it wasn't, it still leads the pack by an astronomical amount. All mainstream MMOs have some sort of trial. If their figures were polluted by trial figures, every other MMO likely has the same problem. With all that being said, it still has more subs than the next 3-4 games in line combined. Thats just ridiculous.

WoW may not be the game I would ever play again. Its kind of silly to call it a bad game though. If for any reason, the statement is relative to the person who is using it. I don't like WoW, but 12 million other people do. I like UO and a couple thousand other people do.

The only way to really measure a games value is by the active subs. Any other way would likely result in biased opinions.

Not arguing that WoW is better than UO by any means. I'm just trying to contribute what makes logical sense.