UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Problem with Reds in town.

Re: Problem with Reds in town.

A black man (fast & big) said:
Is this still going?

I really don't see the complication, but evidently some folks here are upset that reds are allowed in town despite the fact if they don't attack them, there's no harm done!

selo

Wanderer

orange thing said:
I really don't see the complication, but evidently some folks here are upset that reds are allowed in town despite the fact if they don't attack them, there's no harm done!

:( People are silly indeed.

orange thing said:
...99.999999999999999999999% of the time when I FINALLY do find a 1 vs 1 fight, it seems like the blues have this amazing plan out to heal/cure one another and paralyze me to no end.

Are you sure it's not 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999%? :)

orange thing said:
What I'm saying is, I play a blue as much as I play a red. I'm always alone, I never fight with others in my party. You have no case whatsoever. Just don't attack the red, and you'll be fine.

Here's what you don't seem to grasp. If you're so hard up for action that you get on your lone red and run through town over and over again to *try* and get a blue to attack, why not get on an Order/Chaos or Faction char? Is it because you want a chance to pwn a noob? I'd like to point out that you could do the same damn "lone red thing" as a gray running through town and get the exact same result.

There is no need to have reds in town. But the server gods like to do the same thing you do, and the change gives a noob attacker no escape. I'd still like to see ONE BLUE TOWN. Why is that so much?

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

MarcusO said:
Here's what you don't seem to grasp. If you're so hard up for action that you get on your lone red and run through town over and over again to *try* and get a blue to attack, why not get on an Order/Chaos or Faction char? Is it because you want a chance to pwn a noob? I'd like to point out that you could do the same damn "lone red thing" as a gray running through town and get the exact same result.

Maybe you should stick to killing dragons?

I for one would like to see an all-red town, where any blue that set foot within its limits was instantly PK'd by guards.

SpursSuck

Wanderer

Rambone said:
I for one would like to see an all-red town, where any blue that set foot within its limits was instantly PK'd by guards.

Lol!! What is the point of that being you have towns that dont have guard zones so if a blue steps into that town they have a high chance of being whacked by a pk anyway!!

From what i can work out anyway, if a red attacks in a Guarded Town he automatically gets Guard Whacked any way!!

I personally Dont Use a Red, But it is the blues Fault if they attack a red first in town, as that drops your chance to call guards!

But it might be worth making a Trammy Town For the Mule Chars and people who dont get the whole guardzone theory and feel it necessary to attack a red who is going about his business

MarcusO said:
Are you sure it's not 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999%? :)

There is no need to have reds in town. But the server gods like to do the same thing you do, and the change gives a noob attacker no escape. I'd still like to see ONE BLUE TOWN. Why is that so much?

Um, dude. I DO have a chaos/order character. I've never ever been a fan of factions and refuse to ever be. But even on c/o, I still run around without anybody else.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

orange thing said:
Um, dude. I DO have a chaos/order character. I've never ever been a fan of factions and refuse to ever be. But even on c/o, I still run around without anybody else.

Dude if you aint good enough to hang with the real PvP'ers you cant complain about lack of people.

orange thing said:

I should probably give you kudos for being a "lone red" running around town. My guess is you used to be a "lone gray" doing the same thing previously. It leads to some fun action.

I'm just sick of the single red that draws an attack in town, and then runs to his 3 butt-buddies also in town for the heal/block/track gank. To be fair, blues use this tactic too, but it's becoming far more common for the organized reds in town.

A couple weeks ago, red friends of Mark's (Bear) were hiding Mares and Drags at the gap above Del. One red would run through town to draw out a few blues, and then WHAM! And even though the tactic was cheap, it was outside of town and a lot of fun.

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

Jalvasar said:
Lol!! What is the point of that being you have towns that dont have guard zones so if a blue steps into that town they have a high chance of being whacked by a pk anyway!!

From what i can work out anyway, if a red attacks in a Guarded Town he automatically gets Guard Whacked any way!!

I personally Dont Use a Red, But it is the blues Fault if they attack a red first in town, as that drops your chance to call guards!

But it might be worth making a Trammy Town For the Mule Chars and people who dont get the whole guardzone theory and feel it necessary to attack a red who is going about his business

If you'll look at the previous few posts, I was making fun of MarcusO's ridiculous idea.

If it wasn't so easy to gain skill, there wouldn't be a red problem. I can't even gain skill outside of town without getting ganked. It wasn't like this back in the day. MAKE SKILL GAIN HOW IT SHOULD BE - AT A NORMAL PACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This shouldn't be a shard for newbies... That's why I left OSI, damnit.

Monoxide

Sorceror

Rambone said:
Maybe you should stick to killing dragons?

This was one aspect I enjoyed in Dransik/Ashen Empires. Murderers and the lawful each had their own towns and guards. Except pvp became way too item based which is why I'm back here.

hossil

Wanderer

Elusive said:
If it wasn't so easy to gain skill, there wouldn't be a red problem. I can't even gain skill outside of town without getting ganked. It wasn't like this back in the day. MAKE SKILL GAIN HOW IT SHOULD BE - AT A NORMAL PACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This shouldn't be a shard for newbies... That's why I left OSI, damnit.

Ugh, what you want is Trammel back. Unfortuneately that's what killed OSI. As soon as they intorduced that environment it made the game completey predictable within that facet. Making reds illeagal in town, less PKs, these are all ideas that are going to create that dull predictability. And as soon as you know what can and CAN'T happen in any scenerio, you're probably going to just get bored with this game.

You have to understand that everyone plays this game with a different agenda. For example, the only thing I do when I play is look for conflict with other players, therefore I think that any idea that is going to weaken my chance of finding that is a bad idea.

Monoxide

Sorceror

Personally I think we have too many pvp options. Players can do factions, chaos/order, guild wars, or blue vs red. The problem with this is that, although there are varying degrees of pvp you can get into by combining them, it spreads people too thin. Unless you're in a faction guild you're not going to have many instances of team fighting in factions, for example. There's also the issue of each faction having both chaos and order guilds which further splinters group pvp. The way things currently work encourages lots of small groups instead of a few larger groups which in my view is the better method of pvp.

Order/Chaos should be combined into the Hero/Evil system so TB/CoM Heros can use Order shields and Minax/SL Evil people can use Chaos shields.

This all makes sense in my mind because it's more fun to fight over something and factions fight over towns and the ability to create temporarily blessed pimp gear.

elitePanda said:
Ugh, what you want is Trammel back. Unfortuneately that's what killed OSI. As soon as they intorduced that environment it made the game completey predictable within that facet. Making reds illeagal in town, less PKs, these are all ideas that are going to create that dull predictability. And as soon as you know what can and CAN'T happen in any scenerio, you're probably going to just get bored with this game.

You have to understand that everyone plays this game with a different agenda. For example, the only thing I do when I play is look for conflict with other players, therefore I think that any idea that is going to weaken my chance of finding that is a bad idea.

There's no chance in hell I want Trammel back. I think it would perfect if skill gain was at normal speed so everybody can't be 7x gms in one day. That makes the majority of this shard just pvp/pk. I don't mind if reds are allowed in town. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pvp, but I like adventuring too, and it's hard to do that when you have reds every corner you look...I miss the days when you had to work hard for your skills and people who earned their way toward fighting fought each other, not just seeing some guy who decides to go red because he can be a 7xgm 6 hours later...

Smo

Sorceror

Xaelian said:
I attacked one Red, there were not guards in the area in town I was fighting. Someone should look into this. I know what I did, and who I attacked.

when there are no npcs or guards around in town illegal actions can happen without guards coming, unless you call guards yourself

MarcusO

Sorceror

Reds in town sucks....

But there's no point in complaining. Mark and other folks like to play their reds and they like to be in town. They know it gives an edge to the organized reds. It is what it is.

Reuip

Wanderer

I have a few things to say

First, to the person who created this thread, dont put out a suggestion and then sit there all day calling everyone a "fucking moron" for replying. If you don't like what people have to say, why are you posting on an online forum?

Second, are you a mage? I bet even if your not, your used to hitting macros all day long..kind of like my BANK macro...it goes something like this: "vendor buy bank guards balance" I know everyones told you that already, but somehow this seemingly simple idea hasnt gotten through your head. Ever since the "guards" command has been around (which is pretty much forever), people have used it to kill reds that attack them in a town setting. You should do the same.

Because, if we make it so that reds die instantly, isnt it going to be teh same for thieves, and other greys? Whats the point in trying to town steal then? Making it so that you do not have to work to get people insta killed is dumb. You can say that its babying the reds, but you know what, being on a red means one thing: you cannot go to crowded places alone without the constant reminder that someone can for no reason whatsoever attack you, and they cannot call guards on them.

Thats the negative of being a red. You pretty much need to know a group, like the situation you fell prey to.

Reds can enter town because this isnt a noob shard. People realize that there is a risk to walking out the door of your house (if you have one). Reds cannot run into town as a group and kill everyone there freely. If they could, I could understand wanting a change. However, since towns will always be safe for blues, and less safe to reds, I don't see any reason to change the way the system works right now.