UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Problem with Reds in town.

Re: Problem with Reds in town.

What does it take to get one of the powers that be (someone who can actually make changes to the shard) to acknowledge, answer and actually emplement a change on this shard?

I have seen some excellent suggestions that would make it way more balanced between mages/dexxers etc etc. and desire by many many clients to return to some of the basic set up and rules of UO, such as no reds in towns, no offencive spells in towns, no blue healers allowed involved with warring guilds or Order/Chaos and many of the things that made the days of Great Lords and Dread Lords awsome. Days when crarted armour and weapons were bad ass and hard to achieve by black smiths, fletchers and alchemist.

But I haven't seen much in acknowlegement, replys or actions emplementing change from the GMs of the shard to such posted suggestions.

Skywing

Sorceror

~XCepturX~ said:
I don't believe in any of my previous posts that I said blues couldn't get attacked any where and anytime. They can be attacked in town by anyone, but that's what a gaurd calling hotkey is for. I myself (while blue) have been attacked by other blues while in caves farming gold. But what I do? I faught or recalled. All I was saying is that reds don't have that option of easy escape. Which can give blues an edge. Is that not true? Therefore when a blue gets killed in town by reds is pretty much there own fault, unless they just don't know any better (i.e. miners). I think you need to read into what I was trying to say, instead of assuming I was bitching. The way you responded in that post seems like you were having a bad day.

Like I said - it isn't too difficult for three people in vent to set up a "2 1 dump" bind and drop a flamestrike scroll on somebody, especially if it's precast and they don't even know you are casting on them. Unless you have a reaction time of 50 milliseconds, or if for some reason you are spamming your "guards" key as humanly fast as possible, you aren't going to see them get instaganked.

Didn't read all 9 pages, but I'm a little stumped. Why is it you need a town that is truly all blues only? I mean, the reds are allowed in towns, but they can't do shit unless you attack them. If they do anything, they're guard wacked. I just don't see what eliminating reds from towns will accomplish, besides reinstating the ridiculous horse shit of blues standing in guard zone and reds standing outside waiting for them to cross over.

Everybody remember those days? If any of you said "yes," yet you also said "yes" to banning reds from towns, you really need to :foff: .

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

Man_With_No_Name said:
What does it take to get one of the powers that be (someone who can actually make changes to the shard) to acknowledge, answer and actually emplement a change on this shard?

I have seen some excellent suggestions that would make it way more balanced between mages/dexxers etc etc. and desire by many many clients to return to some of the basic set up and rules of UO, such as no reds in towns, no offencive spells in towns, no blue healers allowed involved with warring guilds or Order/Chaos and many of the things that made the days of Great Lords and Dread Lords awsome. Days when crarted armour and weapons were bad ass and hard to achieve by black smiths, fletchers and alchemist.

But I haven't seen much in acknowlegement, replys or actions emplementing change from the GMs of the shard to such posted suggestions.

join Divinity

Rambone said:
join Divinity

Thats a poor sugestion to answer. Oh don't try to make this great shard better or more balanced for all, no you'd rather peeps to leave and go else where?

But to reply to your post, we have started characters on Divinity. But they too have a few things not set up as original UO was. No mounts for one thing. Its a big world to travis on foot. thus you have to have magery or lots of scrolls to get around. That doesn't promote PvP very well. Also working up your skills, and obtaining start up gold is even slower than what it was in the beginning days of UO. Other than a few issues like that, I think
Divinity might have a chance of being a great shard. Right now though, its not quite making the grade.

I like the enthusiasm for PvP on this shard and most of the other "hybred" parts of it, although it is on the edge of being too "item" based like Demise is. One can see though where Hybred is also unbalanced with biasness towards Mages having the upper hand vs dexxers. With the mentioned changes though it would allow dexxers to compete better against mages and also promote great battles between dexxers. The way its set up now makes crafted armour and weapons virtually useless. So everyone goes around with power or vanq. weapons and magic leather? Not the worst thing but sure puts crafted and regular class weapons/armour to wast and unused for the most part in serious PvP combat.

If you don't think this shard is unbalanced between mages and dexers, one only has to look around and ask your self how many reds are dexers compared to being mages? We all know most reds are mages. That in it self tells the story. Or am I the only one to see and understand this? I think not. I hope not.

The Monarch

Knight

:bukkake:

ya npcs woulda called guards, u were obviously grey or an OJ,
choo choo!

>!< JesseJane >!<

orange thing said:
Didn't read all 9 pages, but I'm a little stumped. Why is it you need a town that is truly all blues only? I mean, the reds are allowed in towns, but they can't do shit unless you attack them. If they do anything, they're guard wacked. I just don't see what eliminating reds from towns will accomplish, besides reinstating the ridiculous horse shit of blues standing in guard zone and reds standing outside waiting for them to cross over.

Everybody remember those days? If any of you said "yes," yet you also said "yes" to banning reds from towns, you really need to :foff: .

The point is that now, if you attack a red, you are committed to finishing the fight. This isn't bad per se, but there's not many solo reds anymore. What happens is you attack one red, then he runs like a fag and lures you into 2 or 3 of his butt-buddies. In other words, you started out with a fair fight, and they turned it into a gank.

Even if you run back into town, the one red you're fighting comes after you with 3 or four healers/blockers/trackers in tow. And please don't go explaining that the blues can use this tactic, because the nature of the impromptu battle is ALWAYS Organized reds vs Disorganized blues. The effect of letting reds in town gives the reds a BIG edge.

I would like to see ONE town that's pure blue, where a blue can run into town and be safe, if he feels he's suddenly outnumbered. The current state of red vs blue reminds me too much of factions without sigils. It is also like Choas/Order without signing up. So, what's the point? The old way, at least it was something different.

travis said:
if u cant handle reds go play osi

If you can't make an intelligent post through your pot-fogged brain, go post on www.barney_the_dinosaur.com.

FYI - I handle the reds quite well by not attacking as much as before. I pvp much less as a result of the reds being let into town. I only jump in now when I sense the blues have a chance.

All you have to do is look at the 5 or 6 reds that come running up to the Del West Gate pwning all the helpless tamers (Score! WOOT!), hoping a blue attacks them so they can run into town and finish him off. It happens every day, and it's totally lame...boring even.

Do you think there's more or less pvp with reds in town? I think there's less.
Perhaps the more apropos question is: can you think at all?

The Monarch

Knight

MarcusO said:
If you can't make an intelligent post through your pot-fogged brain, go post on www.barney_the_dinosaur.com.

FYI - I handle the reds quite well by not attacking as much as before. I pvp much less as a result of the reds being let into town. I only jump in now when I sense the blues have a chance.

All you have to do is look at the 5 or 6 reds that come running up to the Del West Gate pwning all the helpless tamers (Score! WOOT!), hoping a blue attacks them so they can run into town and finish him off. It happens every day, and it's totally lame...boring even.

Do you think there's more or less pvp with reds in town? I think there's less.
Perhaps the more apropos question is: can you think at all?
:terron: :cry:

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

MarcusO said:
The point is that now, if you attack a red, you are committed to finishing the fight. This isn't bad per se, but there's not many solo reds anymore. What happens is you attack one red, then he runs like a fag and lures you into 2 or 3 of his butt-buddies. In other words, you started out with a fair fight, and they turned it into a gank.

:rolleyes:

when is the last time you saw just ONE blue attack a lone red in town?

Granted, if no one is bold enough to make that first move, the red will pass unscathed. But as soon as someone does every blue on screen switches into gank mode.

Don't kid yourself, buddy.

Monoxide

Sorceror

Rambone said:

Granted, if no one is bold enough to make that first move, the red will pass unscathed. But as soon as someone does every blue on screen switches into gank mode.

Unless I'm busy with an enemy faction member or guard I'll attack any solo red on sight in town. As described above, I'm often starting a fight 1v1 and it'll escalate from there. The underpopulated towns are more inviting to reds. This isn't a complaint, this is my observation which coincides with another players'.

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

Monoxide said:
Unless I'm busy with an enemy faction member or guard I'll attack any solo red on sight in town. As described above, I'm often starting a fight 1v1 and it'll escalate from there. The underpopulated towns are more inviting to reds. This isn't a complaint, this is my observation which coincides with another players'.

Whether intentional or not, attacking a red will incite every other blue on the screen to do the same. You're putting the red in the same situation you're comaplaining that they lure you into.

Rambone said:

The last time I saw a lone blue attack a red in town, the red ran to the far side of town where he had four butt-buddies parked. I was a few steps behind, but close enough to see the healers help drop the "lone blue". Most blues know this, and as a result are becoming less prone to attacking.

pauly

Wanderer

if you're a mage that isn't a tank w/ vanq , 1on1 field sucks. takes forever to kill anyone who has pots. =/

MarcusO said:

Even if you run back into town, the one red you're fighting comes after you with 3 or four healers/blockers/trackers in tow. And please don't go explaining that the blues can use this tactic, because the nature of the impromptu battle is ALWAYS Organized reds vs Disorganized blues. The effect of letting reds in town gives the reds a BIG edge.

I would like to see ONE town that's pure blue, where a blue can run into town and be safe, if he feels he's suddenly outnumbered. The current state of red vs blue reminds me too much of factions without sigils. It is also like Choas/Order without signing up. So, what's the point? The old way, at least it was something different.

That's the price you pay for attacking a red. If you think you're man enough to take them down, you have to accept the consequences following the initial attack. Whether in town, or outside of town, this is true. You CANNOT justify that this is a result of reds being allowed in town, because it happens outside of town too.

And YES, I'm going to do this even though you said I can't. BLUES CAN USE THIS SAME MOTHERFUCKING TACTIC! I'm a red on about 6 characters. My favorite thing to do is run around the bank all alone in Britain and Delucia. 99.999999999999999999999% of the time when I FINALLY do find a 1 vs 1 fight, it seems like the blues have this amazing plan out to heal/cure one another and paralyze me to no end.

What I'm saying is, I play a blue as much as I play a red. I'm always alone, I never fight with others in my party. You have no case whatsoever. Just don't attack the red, and you'll be fine.