UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

the new crafting system was part of ML

cronik1

Wanderer
Re: the new crafting system was part of ML

how dare you bring logic to an emotional outburst thread?!

if your arms aren't flailing over your head madly, you're not welcome here!

Sly-demise

Sorceror

I really don't see any bashing of the staff going on anywhere, to be honest. There are people (me among them) who do not find this latest update to be great but that doesn't mean I have anything against the people who have worked hard for it. I really respect these people but you just can't give all movies a 10/10 just because the director and crew spent a lot of time making the movie. If this is a test shard the people behind these updates will probably want any type of positive feedback and not just have everybody say it's great when they don't believe it is.

cronik1

Wanderer

well the feedback we've given has been the important stuff: bugs. i found a backpack problem with secures after the new patch and posted about it. that's the kind of stuff they're looking for, imo.

honestly, if i were staff here, i wouldn't even bother listening to all the bellyaching one way or another on topics like this. you can make a small change to the mechanics of a spell barely anyone uses, and there'll be an outcry thread created. granted, this is a much bigger issue, but it's still something found to be stable on OSI. the extra pop they have on OSI fairly well balances out with the 4x accounts people have here, as not too many of us bother doing resets anyways.

cronik1

Wanderer

but yea, you'd expect something like this to create a lot more angry, hate-filled threads, but it's been pretty quiet.

i guess most of us are too busy trying to scrape together runics in game

gugutz

Knight

Nikki_Demise;553242 said:
I've been on this server for a year and a half and almost nothing has changed just a few minor tweaks occasionally. Yesterday we got the biggest most impactful update to several systems we've had in the time I've been here. And we've got PSZ sitting in the bug thread talking about his OSI tests and encouraging more updates.

Unless your objective is a stagnant server that is no longer updated complaining about the order updates are made in instead of focusing on the next update seems quite counter productive.

That is indeed a great step for Demise.
We should support this keeping in mind that other updates will eventually come to balance everything again.

I love this new update.
And tbh, most people that i talked to loved it too.

Tempest and Nikki are some great exemples: they own like 203498230498 chests of 230498234098234908 good pieces, and they liked the update.

Things are missing like instance corpses, AI and Loot Bump, but those will eventually come too, just like this update did.

cronik1

Wanderer

gugutz;553324 said:
Things are missing like instance corpses, AI and Loot Bump, but those will eventually come too, just like this update did.

i think there's a fire lit now too. the community and staff are all pretty proud of how this turned out, as they have every right to be.

even small open-source projects get a lot of support, and you usually can't DO anything with that software/mod/whatever. but this? lots of people still enjoy this game, and enjoy enriching the experience.

hopefully the coders out there will make a project of this, and we'll keep these kinds of updates coming! i know the ones who worked on the last one have my eternal gratitude... mine among many.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

gugutz;553324 said:
Things are missing like instance corpses... ...but those will eventually come too, just like this update did.

On this note I should add there is evidence of work on instanced corpses in the code base now. Not everyone has to like every change but everyone wants some changes like this one. If we are critical of the people who made this progress and are working toward the next progress we could have the effect of driving off the people developing the shard and stagnating it again and not getting the changes we do want.

The "goal" of Demise is to be an OSI clone and a RunUO test shard so if OSI has it it will eventually come as long as the shard continues to be developed. Complaining about what is developed won't accomplish anything. You'll get what you want quicker by constructively helping and encouraging those who are helping update the shard instead of complaining.

gugutz

Knight

Nikki_Demise;553334 said:
You'll get what you want quicker by constructively helping and encouraging those who are helping update the shard instead of complaining.

Exactly.

Let's not discourage the work that is happening right now.
We can see that psz have been testing a lot on OSI lately. More things will come

cronik1

Wanderer

On the positive side of things, i think the response so far has been overwhelmingly positive. i'm pretty shocked by this, yet pleasantly surprised.

Differing opinions, flaming, outburst, crying, laughing, voting, UPDATES!!, I smell an alive MMORPG.

Nuclear Potato;553337 said:
Bring back the old Craft of demise :mad: and take away this stupid fix
Um How about NO???

The goal is for Demise to be as close to OSI as possible. For ages, things have slowed as far as updates. Now things start to move in the right direction.

I applaud the staff for the change. Lets keep moving forward.

As for the rich getting richer, I don't see it. The are well rich, meaning they not only have tons of gold, but also tons of high price crafted items...that just dropped in monetary value. Now, anyone can make great stuff.

The value of Runics has shot through the roof, but anyone can get those by crafting. Hammers are still a pain to get so thats going to be interesting to see. So, people will start paying a lot for runic hammers/kits, but only to make items for themselves. Few people will pay for finisheds good as they can create their own.

Just my 2 cents.

And again, keep the updates coming.

Sly-demise;553093 said:
...though we can't deny that this update has made the rich even richer.

I'm honestly not sure how you reach this conclusion, Sly. The Runic fix has basically made 95% of the armour and weapons lovingly accumulated through hunting, looting and crafting over the last 5 years totally worthless. It has actually wiped out a huge amount of wealth - most of it from the "rich" (read veteran) players, and I haven't heard a single one of them complaining. (The big subject of conversation is merely whether it is worth the hassle of smelting/cutting up all those items or whether it is more sensible just to demolish the damn house and start over... :rolleyes:)

On the other hand, if what you are saying is that these same players will polish off a few out-of-work neurons and work out how to use the new situation to rebuild what was destroyed, then I agree. Of course they will. But anyone can do that if they feel like it: the updates have levelled more than just the pvp playing field.

This first round of fixes and updates includes much more than Runic Intensity bumps. It includes great things for everyone from Tamers to Crafters to PvPers and it looks like there is much more in the pipeline. Personally (leaving out full ML Quests etc for the time being) there are only two fixes I really want (Instanced Corpses and Evasion) and neither one made it into this publish, but I'm still more than happy. It is stimulating, it shows the shard is alive and kicking and gives us all a chance to maybe go and do different things and try out new aspects of the game with the confidence that thanks to the hard work of Mark and psz and OSD and everyone else involved, Demise will move forward and evolve and in the end everyone will get whichever fix they are most looking forward to (pun absolutely intended ;)).

Actually, Nikki put her finger on it earlier:

Nikki_Demise;553242 said:
I've been on this server for a year and a half and almost nothing has changed just a few minor tweaks occasionally. Yesterday we got the biggest most impactful update to several systems we've had in the time I've been here. And we've got PSZ sitting in the bug thread talking about his OSI tests and encouraging more updates.

Unless your objective is a stagnant server that is no longer updated complaining about the order updates are made in instead of focusing on the next update seems quite counter productive.

FE

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

With change comes people who embrace it and those who do not. People, even in the online world, can become comfortable in their "daily grind" and know exactly how what they impacts their gameplay and how what other people do impacts their gameplay. When a change like this comes in, it throws it all up in the air. Things change and so does the mechanic of the game.

I personally am proud of the initiatives taken from the playerbase AND the staff AND the dev to keep this server moving even at its most stagnant period. And yes, even with our little updates, its sad to see a great server sit on the shelf. Now, its moving again. Hopefully, the momentum keeps up and we will see even more fixes. Those players who have constructively kept the "un"official bug fix thread alive with valuable input and code are the ones you need to officially thank. Then, yes, even tho the players have a good chunk of credit, the staff and dev are still involved in getting everything tested, adding code in of their own (yes, everything moved in was not just the players), and then the staff for taking time to initiate conversation with players and spawn/get moving in the OSI direction.

So, as a player, am I happy with every fix that went in - nope, I gotta rethink some of my game play style.... but ya know what, I'm 100% ok with that. I'm glad there is progress and I am seeing change that benefits EVERYONE. I'm sure the next changes will be the same.

Appreciate what you have folks. 1 month ago you had nothing. 6 months ago you didn't even have a donation store..... appreciation is a big word, but its a good one to know and practice.

LC

Sonntag

Sorceror

Lost millions upon millions of gold due to this but I couldn't be happier. Any change is a good change. Besides, thanks to the new ease of equiping temps exactly how I want quickly, I'm using up my last couple of char slots for pvp temps. Lot of people I've talked to are doing the same. I'm sure Fel will be a far better place after this.

Sonntag;553431 said:
Lost millions upon millions of gold due to this but I couldn't be happier. Any change is a good change. Besides, thanks to the new ease of equiping temps exactly how I want quickly, I'm using up my last couple of char slots for pvp temps. Lot of people I've talked to are doing the same. I'm sure Fel will be a far better place after this.

As long as those people start attacking other blues and highlighting their names red, it will. Otherwise, it will be the same as always.

weinster666;553388 said:
Um How about NO???

The goal is for Demise to be as close to OSI as possible. For ages, things have slowed as far as updates. Now things start to move in the right direction.

I applaud the staff for the change. Lets keep moving forward.

As for the rich getting richer, I don't see it. The are well rich, meaning they not only have tons of gold, but also tons of high price crafted items...that just dropped in monetary value. Now, anyone can make great stuff.

The value of Runics has shot through the roof, but anyone can get those by crafting. Hammers are still a pain to get so thats going to be interesting to see. So, people will start paying a lot for runic hammers/kits, but only to make items for themselves. Few people will pay for finisheds good as they can create their own.

Just my 2 cents.

And again, keep the updates coming.

Dried up for weeks. Economy dies altogether. People have long collected breakers worked to spend time. Now it all makes no sense to be two places where they will be people. This Dum and Champions ... We are waiting for that first becomes greater than the norm in the world.

Ps.Sorry for my bad english:eek:

Sonntag

Sorceror

ParagonDancer;553434 said:
As long as those people start attacking other blues and highlighting their names red, it will. Otherwise, it will be the same as always.

If I'm going to spending time in Fel its hardly going to be on a blue. Well, except for my factioner and thief I'm working on of course. I've recommended the same to others. Only way to make changes is by doing I suppose.