UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"The Sampire Bible" - Everything you need to know by Sativah

Tomalos

Wanderer
1. Okay I am slowly understanding how much I am missing, but my today question is: 115 parry, 115 bushido and 110 swordsmanship atm, is it worth going for 120 parry and 120 bushido ASAP? or 120 swordsmanship? Or is it better to go for some arties (Heart of the Lion in example) or other items for 70 all resist or maybe...+20 stats first?
65/49/65/70/57 resists

I am thinking about getting Heart of the Lion first so I can get 26 DCI without second jewel (can focus on other stats there then) and some nice resists and then +20 stats for more str and hp. Should I do this?

2. My today's purchase is this ring: 14 swords 17 di 11 dci 11 hci, how much is it worth? I hope I made a good deal :)

Indika

Sorceror
Better put this in your first post, such huge thing not mentioned really...whoa...my poor elf sampire =D
i made mention of Jack of All Trades but i will make sure to include even further explanation of curse weapon for humans to elfs. Thanks for the suggestion!

is it worth going for 120 parry and 120 bushido ASAP? or 120 swordsmanship?
i would say 120 swords due to how a hit travels it must go through Weapon skill vs Weapon skill first before parry/bushido

Or is it better to go for some arties (Heart of the Lion in example) or other items for 70 all resist or maybe...+20 stats first?
65/49/65/70/57 resists
definately raise ur resists. i dont see how ur playing like this :p

I am thinking about getting Heart of the Lion first so I can get 26 DCI without second jewel (can focus on other stats there then) and some nice resists and then +20 stats for more str and hp. Should I do this?
work on the suit first. i really hope ur not trying to solo doom/champs yet... smaller stuff u can deal with having the lower stats for now but i would shift full focus to suit.

here are mine:
(suit)
great suit bro!

Indika

Sorceror
Here is my suit:

41 Hit Chance
20 Defense Chance
60 damage increase (100% with weapon)

20 Lower Mana Cost
70/70/70/70/70
240 Luck
0/0 :D

25 Hit Point Increase
18 Mana Increase
27 Stamina Increase

12 Int Bonus
27 Str Bonus
5 dex bonus

Artifacts:
Spirit of the Totem, Stormgrip, Quiver of Infinity, +4 Int Boots, Crimson Cincture, Totem of the Void, 20 luck 3 hpi sash, 95 luck robe

Tomalos

Wanderer
work on the suit first. i really hope ur not trying to solo doom/champs yet... smaller stuff u can deal with having the lower stats for now but i would shift full focus to suit.
I am farming doom very easily, no idea why would you think differently.

Craudiator

Sorceror
Here is my suit:

45 Hit Chance
20 Defense Chance
59 damage increase (99% with weapon)

10 Lower Mana Cost
64/62/64/70/72 in vamp form (i can cast reactive armor and magic reflection )
125 Luck
0/0 =d

12 Hit Point Increase
18 Mana Increase
14 Stamina Increase

13 Int Bonus
31 dex bonus

Artifacts:
fey leggings , stormgrip, totem of the void, CJH, jackalls, vile
crap +3 phis robe and cloak

need: CC :( , and better sleeves and tunic...

30 Hit Chance
40 Defense Chance
17 damage increase

15 Lower Mana Cost
63/59/70/44/75 in vamp form
95 Luck
0/0 (might start using my 1/1 15 hci ring instead though)

11 Hit Point Increase
0 Mana Increase
29 Stamina Increase

5 Int Bonus

Artifacts:Aegis of Grace ( gave my dph away to a starter samp.) Fey leggings

90str
125 dex / 154 stam
10 int / 35 mana

Sometimes I equip a 14 hci shield to push me up to 44 hci/40 dci. Overall a very crappy suit, but it works for me for now.

Jadetiger

Sorceror
Hey so,
I haven't played in a very long time, logged on, accounts are still active but houses decayed.
Poked around a bit and in terms of a budget sampire build for people to start out with, I think my build might be a good reference.

I can solo Miasmas faster than I can loot them which I think is all anyone wants to do in the beginning.

120 Fence, 120 Bushido
115 Tactics, 115 Parry
80 Anatomy
100 Necro, 70 Chiv

Stats:
125 Str
100 Dex
25 Int

I just maxed out resists, luck, and dci (because counter attack wasn't working at the time).
Maxing these out, or coming close to it is pretty easy with Ring of Elements and Violet Courage.
Honor your target, Spam Lightning Strike and Confidence. ezpz

I have a slayer, but I can solo Miasmas without a slayer, and I am pretty sure I could do it with only 115 Fence, 115 Bushido, but I can't exactly remember, it was a long time ago.

Xenobia

Wanderer
Thanks for showing me some of the ropes (I still have a ways to go) and pressing me to gear myself up! Looks like you got a nice start to the guide.

I need to find more time to get better with my Sampire but I have the basics down thanks to you. :)

Still can't believe you talked me into burning those BRSK. :p
Go Boomer Sooners!!! ;)

Xenobia

Wanderer
I have been asking and asking the best way to go about making this character and no one on LS has given specifics ... Thank you for this!!!! Its amazing :) Now to get busy haha You put a lot of work into explaining everything and I REALLY appreciate it!

Xenobia

Wanderer
Does anyone solo Navrey with this char and are you using the rocks as well as the damage to do it? I have a tangle or 2 (I bought them) but I want to get one on my own and the rocks+magery are not doing it for me. It seems the drops are less these days or a Sampire is getting there first and kicking the crap out of my chances grrrr
Also, I'm making my char a human female so I can use the Violet. I have money, plenty of 120's, stoned skills and time, plus my char is an old lady so I get the extra skill cap... so is there a better way to go? The Violet just seems so cheap to me (no offense to anyone, I swear I'm not a snob lol) but is there another chest piece I can use that is WAY better and can give an Elf a running go at Navrey. I Really love the Elf race if it can be done better. *re-reads this entire thread* I know it was mentioned somewhere in here ;) Again, thanks so much to everyone for all your time and trouble in making this easier for me. I'm so excited to get this char up to par. I also want to do Lady Mil (not necessarily alone) but to deal more damage than my Greater dragon and everyone else in the room heh

Indika

Sorceror
I have been asking and asking the best way to go about making this character and no one on LS has given specifics ... Thank you for this!!!! Its amazing :) Now to get busy haha You put a lot of work into explaining everything and I REALLY appreciate it!

Thank you for posting, and thank you even more for registering to our fine forums here at UOGamers. I will answer as many questions as I can pertaining to sampire, however we are not in the age of Gargoyles on our server therefore we do not have Tangle or Navrey on our server.

There probably is way better options now on OSI with the new peerless and craftables, our server is based on Mondains Legacy era.

As far as what item to use, it's never been about what item to use. The reason why I condone VC and HOTL is because 5% more DCI will make the much needed 20%. Forget what items to use and just pay attention to what actual mods you need to reach and explore all the ways you can reach them.

As long as you find those base mods that I mentioned in the original post and form your suit based on them, if you acquire those mods it doesnt matter what your suit looks like, it should be fine. On OSI you can probably imbue rings that have all of the necessary mods for sampire, so you can focus on putting on all the extra mods as well; making a super monster sampire.

Just focus on imbuing your suit and using your best artifacts to get the base mods that I mentioned in the original post. Dont worry so much about item specifics like Violet Courage because 15% defense can be added to any ring, and unless Quiver of Infinity is outdated now that 5% dci would make up the rest, eliminating the need for VC.

Xenobia

Wanderer
Perfect! Thanks so much for the quick response. It's getting clearer in my brain as I read and ask questions. You rock BTW! So I will just focus on getting those stats on other arties, reforged and Imbued items. Then the trick becomes being able to actually play this character lol I like the section on hotkeys ALOT! I think the first out of the gate is going to be a macer as it was said to be the Holy Grail of Sampires. This is going to be fun...Muahahaha THANK YOU!!!!

Indika

Sorceror
OSI will be able to make some insane suits with imbuing. Jewels are a lot harder to find on Demise unless its 2-3 mods only. Macing is great, we just got the Saws so I am hoping to see more making sampires pop up. Currently I am playing as swords but I have a sick D-axe that constitutes using swords instead of mace. Check out the order of priority list to know what spells to cast and what order. I am sure there are some artifacts on OSI now that should be used that I am not aware of though that would be great for samp. We just don't have imbuing or all the peerless OSI does so the selection is a bit more limited to us here on Demise :p

Indika

Sorceror
ugh yeah. when I drop something typically I drop necro off for anatomy. if the monster your fighting does not cast spells, then sometimes I drop RS for lumberjacking :)