UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"The Sampire Bible" - Everything you need to know by Sativah

Indika

Sorceror
Daisho seems like a good weapon against the Shimmering. Just keep Enemy of One on Shimmering and Feint with Double Strike spam until he spawns the brime. When he spawns brime keep Enemy of One on shimmering but switch main target to brime. Put Feint on brime and use momentum strike until brime is dead then switch back onto Shimmering. I may be expanding on this method but this is the best way I have found to kill the Shimmering so far on a Sampire.

Dreadhorn is easy with Daisho, just spam feint and double strike and keep counter attack up. I actually use a double axe for Dreadhorn and I put anatomy on for this fight. Dreadhorn is extremely easy and is a regular tank and spank kind of fight for sampire. Consider bringing Curse Weapon scrolls if your having trouble keeping your HP up but I would highly recommend swapping Necromancy for Anatomy for this fight for the extra damage. I have ran Dreadhorn out of mana and he is just easy as cake.

As with any fight I use my Order of Important described in the guide in the original post in both of these fights.

Indika

Sorceror
With the weapon and special ability changes I will be providing some updates to the weapons section which is the first reply to the original post.

I currently think Daisho is the best 1v1 weapon in the game for Sampire, followed closely by the Leaf Blade. (Leaf Blade of Ease comes with UBWS every time)

Also the post was made before the introduction of Runic Saws... I still believe the Black Staff is the best whirlwind weapon in the game and it just became better with the implementation of runic saws.

What would your reccomendation for the stats on a q staff/black staff be? I'm trying out macing and have collected at least 70 staves from crystal daemons, (can't find any runics to make them)

Indika

Sorceror
staffs are the same as discussed in my first reply to the original post. they don't typically need SSI tho, or at least a lot of it

mana leech is the staple.

if its slayer than 2 mods are ok (slayer + hml)

if not slayer then go for 3 solid mods:
hml, hsl, hld
hml, hld, hit spell
hml, hsl, hit spell

something to that effect

Indika

Sorceror
OK let's talk Shimmering Effusion tactics some more...

It's definitely doable it's just not your average tank and spank. There is a lot of running in this fight.

I have failed at least 5 times as many more times as I have succeeded.

So from what I understand here are the key factors to look out for in this fight while soloing on a sampire. I want to emphasize on the point that this is obviously discussion regarding soloing Shimmering Effusion as a sampire, and not any other class. Keep that necro tamer mage shit out of here :p
Conclusions:
#1. Know where the location of the escape gate is. The designers gave you an ankh to res at this peerless. Take that as a hint. Be ready to run for this gate at any moment of the fight.
#2. Feint is your best friend in this fight. You shouldn't let it go down even for a second and always reserve mana for it. Play very cautious with your mana knowing that you have to be able to reapply Feint every 5-6 seconds.
#3. Get used to running away from Flame Strike. If I have Feint applied, I can typically sit through one flame strike and be fine. If I don't have it up, I run to the gate. If I have Feint up, and I see the second Flame Strike starting, I run to the gate. Don't give him time to cast the 3rd. (I actually have been Flame Striked 4 times in a row at this fight)
#4. It's not bad to run to the gate when he spawns Brime. It's ok to get adjusted to Brime being spawned. He is really the only one that causes much problems for me.
#5. Bring lots of Pig Iron. (Curse Weapon)

Keep Feint on the Shimmering!!! This even means when he spawns an add! Flame Strike can happen at any time so even if you must double click the shit out of Shimmering to keep reapplying Feint during this phase, DO IT! Honestly I have almost no problems with Shimmering until he spawns an add. Most of the time I run out unless I'm in a real good spot. But I will shamelessly abuse the escape gate in this fight if I must.

Also, I have been burning MASSIVE Daisho. I love these weapons and I think they are good for Shimmering and perfect for Dread Horn. However, I will be setting aside a few hammers for Leaf Blade very soon.

To me, in this fight Leaf Blade might be the best choice of weapon hand's down. It's quick, has Feint and AI, and is one handed to drink potions with. Which in this fight keeping your stamina and hit points up is a bit more crucial than at Dread Horn... This fight can be over in a split second, which is why they let you resurrect at Shimmering and not at Dread Horn. Drink as many Stamina pots as you want but hold back the heal pots for right after Shimmering hits you with Flame Strike.

While I'm on the topic I think this Leaf Blade would be the best for either Dread Horn or Shimmering:
Hit Mana Leech (Obviously)
Hit Lower Defense (We heal from doing damage, so insure yourself that you hit as much as possible)
Hit Life Leech (The only time I'd suggest Life over Stamina. You are one handed to drink stamina pots, so bring 100 of them and abuse them.)
To me this would be the perfect Leaf Blade for Peerless. Don't forget about the recipe Leaf Blade's. :p

If you have been soloing Shimmering on your Sampire please share your findings!

Thanks. I've had a sampire for 2 years or so now, but I just recently came back to demise last month and I'm getting the hang of things again. I'm going after Dreadhorn soon, soon as I get sott (which is NOT even close to as cheap as it used to be). I didn't see anyone ask this, I may have looked over it, what are your thoughts on Rune Beetle Carapace for a sampire?

Indika

Sorceror
I think its a bad choice because the class does not need MR and only needs about 20% total lmc. for having such shit resists I think its far inferior to a HOTL or even a crafted tunic

Thanks for the fast reply! Lmao. Building a suit on this server is kinda hard, the prices are much more than I remember them being :/ 25 mil for a glad collar is pretty steep...
And I can't for the life of me find any runic saws, and I'm not patient enough to give that guy 34523453455 foot stools for one...
I guess I'll stick with my di 30 hll 14 hml 42 black staff for the most part. I have fencing soul stoned but dont like the kama being the only whirlwind weapon...
Btw, love your guide. Very in depth.

Indika

Sorceror
For anyone who is still NOT using Daisho or Leaf Blade on ur sampire... Well now here is your chance...

Everyone who has participated in this thread prior to this post gets a free pair of Crafted 3-mod HML Daisho.

I have been burning a lot of Daisho for myself and I have a bunch left over so I am just trying to give back to the demise sampire community who has helped me along the way make this thread great. I realize weapons is a hard part of making a sampire so I am going to give everyone who has thus participated in the discussion a pair of Daisho just to try them out.

Feint is so amazing I just have to share the love.

PM me for your Daisho and we will arrange a time to meet ;)

Disclaimer:
Daisho is a swords weapon
All weapons are 3 Mods
All weapons include Hit Mana Leech as needed
No other mods besides Hit Mana Leech guaranteed, this is a first come first serve basis.
You can probably 1v1 solo about any mob with most of the Daisho that I will be providing. This includes Doom and ML bosses.
To be eligible for a Daisho you must have made a contribution or post to this thread prior to the giveaway. Credentials will be checked. :p~