UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What would allow more people to PvP?

What would allow more people to PvP?

• Less insurance cost.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Moving the PvP away from moongates/houses.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Easier methods for obtaining gear.

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • New reasons for PvP.

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • PvP Sucks, Remove fel.

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters
Re: What would allow more people to PvP?

Nottheking;402295 said:
THAT would be something that could improve PvP.

Yes, most of the above would work well, by providing more INCENTIVE to go to Felucca. However, it's not gonna happen, unless by "the GMs," you mean the developers in charge at EA.

Well, as you have mentioned the OSI...

How is PvP there these days?

Dead and forgotten?

today i went to britain MG, wich was the main pvp spot on demise... And i ran and ran and jumped and sang and collected many many pwetty flowers... And not a single red or blue apeared.

Only shadows and dust.

The server doesnt need to be equal to OSI, if OSI is looking like shit (sorry) you know?

The server belongs to the admins, not to OSI, and by that, they can do whatever is in their reach, to improve this shard and get even more players...

I mean, there could be at least quest like events or so in felluca, anything to draw them trammies to our blood thirsty hands >=-D

Just consider...

If anyone here thinks the same I do, lets try to develop some event ideas or so and get those in the hand of the admins... They may ignore us. Or not =)

EDIT: cmon Nottheking, i know youre feeling those hands of yours asking for some blood...

Aeolus

Sorceror

Ageless Venomous;402300 said:
Well, as you have mentioned the OSI...

How is PvP there these days?

Dead and forgotten?

today i went to britain MG, wich was the main pvp spot on demise... And i ran and ran and jumped and sang and collected many many pwetty flowers... And not a single red or blue apeared.

Only shadows and dust.

The server doesnt need to be equal to OSI, if OSI is looking like shit (sorry) you know?

The server belongs to the admins, not to OSI, and by that, they can do whatever is in their reach, to improve this shard and get even more players...

I mean, there could be at least quest like events or so in felluca, anything to draw them trammies to our blood thirsty hands >=-D

Just consider...

If anyone here thinks the same I do, lets try to develop some event ideas or so and get those in the hand of the admins... They may ignore us. Or not =)

EDIT: cmon Nottheking, i know youre feeling those hands of yours asking for some blood...
I'm pretty sure what NTK was saying was that the purpose of Demise is to be an OSI clone. Therefore no changes involving game mechanics are going to change here unless they first change on OSI. I'd also like to point out that players are free to create their own events as well. I'm sure there are other players who would be happy to help you with that.

Avariel

Wanderer

Possibility to hide in house is really bad, because killing pvp.
I think if people will be equal at the lvl of they stuff we will see more pvp... now that's just "i got the best stuff, i own you and i hide". Sad, really sad.

I mentioned this in another post and thought it deserved to be in here also. If you want more PvP, you need more PvPers. I, for one, wouldn't mind learning to become one, but who is teaching such a course?

Something that covers templates, gear to obtain, combos, how best to set up hotkeys/macros, what tactics/strategies the group should employ, what types of individuals the group should contains, and how they should work and communicate together would be great.

With such training and meeting others and forming more groups/guilds/whatever, people might be more willing to step into Fel.

Unless your goal is to just get more helpless victims.

EDIT: Thinking further, it might work if each character chose one of 4 or 5 guilds upon creating, then you would already have a bunch of people to run around Fel with.

Insomniac-

Sorceror

weinster666;402328 said:
I mentioned this in another post and thought it deserved to be in here also. If you want more PvP, you need more PvPers. I, for one, wouldn't mind learning to become one, but who is teaching such a course?

Something that covers templates, gear to obtain, combos, how best to set up hotkeys/macros, what tactics/strategies the group should employ, what types of individuals the group should contains, and how they should work and communicate together would be great.

With such training and meeting others and forming more groups/guilds/whatever, people might be more willing to step into Fel.

Unless your goal is to just get more helpless victims.

EDIT: Thinking further, it might work if each character chose one of 4 or 5 guilds upon creating, then you would already have a bunch of people to run around Fel with.

Dont worry this part is coming shortly.

Gredras

Sorceror

emoooo;402277 said:
Dueling system.

That would actually kill field pvp. I've seen that on another shard.

I've also seen consequences of implementing fell rules to tramm lands on a shard already working for some time. A lot of ppl have left that shard because of it, including me. We felt that admins cheated us.
You must understand that forcing ppl to do something in a GAME (which they play for fun) is killing their fun=they're choosing another game/shard/whatever.

The best idea proposed so far was putting something extra in fell like better loot or single pigment uses...but on the other hand would it really make pvp better or pk ?

Aeolus

Sorceror

weinster666;402328 said:
If you want more PvP, you need more PvPers. I, for one, wouldn't mind learning to become one, but who is teaching such a course?

I basically said the exact same thing a while back and only got flamed for my effort. And now that server wars only happens once a week, it makes it even harder to hone my PvP skills through old fashioned trial and error. Every time I die I'm gonna lose a minimum of 4800 gp in insurance money. That adds up fast. The other option is to just use cheap, uninsured GM armor, but how competitive can you really be against seasoned PvPers in gear like that? I actually have a character running around Fel in uninsured GM armor just to try to hone my skills but I haven't been able to fight anyone one on one yet. Anytime I run into any reds there are always at least 2 of them trying to take me down together. I know I'd be lucky to take down one with my lack of experience in PvP and cheap gear, much less 2. On the other hand, I have learned to outrun groups of PvPers fairly well. :D

Aeolus

Sorceror

Actually, I do have another thought that might help improve PvP- non-PvP staff hosted events (like a scavenger hunt for example) that take place in Fel and offer multiple rewards like ltots for the winners. That way, the event wouldn't be based on PvP, but because it takes place in Fel there would still be the underlying threat of PvP combat. The benefit of this is that no changes would need to happen to the shard that would make it deviate from OSI (since our events are unique to Demise anyway.) It's just a thought...

Scavenger Hunt would seem to just increase the number of places Pkers could camp to wait for victims. For example, the hunt calls for you to find an object at some certain place. Pkers just lay there in wait.

As for practicing, I have no idea about the first thing regarding PvP, But im willing to spar with you. If we build a house in Fel, can we spar there without getting abused by others?

Aeolus

Sorceror

weinster666;402344 said:
Scavenger Hunt would seem to just increase the number of places Pkers could camp to wait for victims. For example, the hunt calls for you to find an object at some certain place. Pkers just lay there in wait.
Not if the location is secret (like a riddle or something.) You wouldn't get the next clue until you found the first item and so on. It's not a perfect idea I admit, but I think the kinks could be worked out with some imagination.

As for practicing, I have no idea about the first thing regarding PvP, But im willing to spar with you. If we build a house in Fel, can we spar there without getting abused by others?
Even easier, I could just add you to my guild for a time and we could just spar as guildmates in Tram. I can't do it today though but maybe sometime tomorrow. ;)

Aeolus;402303 said:
I'm pretty sure what NTK was saying was that the purpose of Demise is to be an OSI clone. Therefore no changes involving game mechanics are going to change here unless they first change on OSI. I'd also like to point out that players are free to create their own events as well. I'm sure there are other players who would be happy to help you with that.

Ive wasted 5 mins writing so you would just ignore the whole proposal and mislead the rest...

Ill repeat nice and shortly for common understanding:

Changing mechanics is not the only way.

Events on Felluca would draw players attention to.

Lets gather some ideas of events on felluca and send to the GMs.

Got it now?

Aeolus;402349 said:
Not if the location is secret (like a riddle or something.) You wouldn't get the next clue until you found the first item and so on. It's not a perfect idea I admit, but I think the kinks could be worked out with some imagination.

Even easier, I could just add you to my guild for a time and we could just spar as guildmates in Tram. I can't do it today though but maybe sometime tomorrow. ;)
Well, assuming the location of clue #1 is secret and requires a riddle to be solved, once the murderers solve it they can choose to send a few to continue the hunt and leave the rest lying in wait to foul all others chances of continuing the hunt, n'est pas?

Im working now. Sometime tonight maybe?

Oh here's a cool mechanics change:

Blues with high enough honor, fame, valor, etc. can override Red's insurance and take one of their items.

:)

Aeolus

Sorceror

Ageless Venomous;402355 said:
Ive wasted 5 mins writing so you would just ignore the whole proposal and mislead the rest...

Ill repeat nice and shortly for common understanding:

Changing mechanics is not the only way.

Events on Felluca would draw players attention to.

Lets gather some ideas of events on felluca and send to the GMs.

Got it now?
I'm not retarded so please don't talk to me like I am. I said what I said because of this statement you made...

Ageless Venomous;402300 said:

The server belongs to the admins, not to OSI...

I'm also fairly sure that's why NTK said what he did as well. We were just pointing out that Demise is an OSI clone, and that unless it happens there first, it won't happen here. Events are a different story, and like I said players can come up with events just like the staff can- if you're serious about it, there are other players that will help you organize an event (but not if you talk to them like they're retarded.) To the best of my understanding, the staff are working on a lot of different things right now so they probably don't have a lot of time to dedicate to even more events right now. With that said, do what you want, I'm done trying to to help you.

Aeolus;402370 said:
I'm not retarded so please don't talk to me like I am. I said what I said because of this statement you made...

Im not talking like youre retarded, don't get all agressive over nothing...

Im just saying that this is not the point.

Ive said that the shard doesnt need to be a perfect copy because it is not.

If it was, right now we would be facing total destruction of magincia, and we would never have that awesome history about trikk. Nor other past events wich were great. (like that hell maze every living demise soul talks about)

And im not in a rush, the events wich im talking about are not for today at night.

Even because when i said that we should develop some ideas, i clearly stated that GMs may use them. Or not. Its up to them, im not demanding, im trying to help.

Im not asking for us alll to gather up and trash the place until they give us Felluca events, even because (i dont know if you noticed) but i hate the fact that theres always someone demanding for solutions or complaining, but most of those pricks do not move a finger to help.

So what im asking here is that we unite and move a finger to help. The GMs are not greater than us or more creative just because they carry pretty titles behind their name. They're as much human as we are. And we have the same capacity to use our creativity than they have.

Imagine that if behind a few minds theres this awesome quest going on for a while now, where everyone is getting involved, what would happen when all these diferent minds that we have here came up with a different idea.

--

Im planning to make an event on felluca, to see how would it work. Very simple, with a prize on the end to the winner, but the main factor im looking for is to see if people will stand up and fight for the prize. Prolly will be on this weekend or someday next week, not shure yet. Well see how it will develop...

--

Now just for you aeolus: dont get stressed out over nothing man, its not good to your mental health =)

Relax! Were all just trying to have some fun here :)

Aeolus

Sorceror

I am relaxed- but when you use big bold black text it sort of ends the message that "Hey I think you're a dumbass!" Personally, I wish you luck with your event- and if it sounds cool I'll even try to participate. Player run events can be a lot of fun. Sometime they can be more fun than a staff run event because they are usually smaller and more personal. Like I said too, other players may be willing to help you. I have seen several people in the last couple months offer to donate event rewards for well planned events. ;)

Tempest

Knight

Just face it, Demise PvP scene is dead, no point in kicking a dead horse.