UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

When did you start Ultima Online?

When did you start Ultima Online

• I started when Charter Edition was released!

Votes: 285 30.6%
  • T2A was my first!

Votes: 263 28.3%
  • I came in for the Renaissance.

Votes: 204 21.9%
  • I signed up with Age of Shadows.

Votes: 37 4.0%
  • I never even played an EA server.

Votes: 141 15.2%

• Total voters
Re: When did you start Ultima Online?

Anopia said:
I began playing UO on the day of the release of Third Dawn. It must have been 7+ years ago... I don't know exactly. When was Third Dawn released?

I started when ren came out and quit when 3rd dawn came out.

pHreko

Wanderer

I played uo during beta days on a friends account and bought the game when it came out. I played abyss for awhile then went ot atlantic where I stayed till 01/02. Lost the multi shard dueling contest *2nd to OZ, raged irl, quit and then started here again about 2 months ago. For all the real old schoolers, do you remeber eq on brit bank, red vs blue vs green vs black on abyss? aka castle wars. jhelom npc resist bug, ask chopper. platemail mages. no meditation. Good times....and of course the bounty system. What a fun game.

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

lol @ 1/3rd of everyone here having played since the charter edition

grad was right

Code Blue

Knight

all i started in 98 and quit right before they had the clean up brit. then i came back in they changed the name from uo to gayo.

Grad said:
I don't know, but people do, all the time.

Props to Flipper and rambone for not lying

lol, you say ther are the only ones who are stateing the truth?

: (

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

Twisted Arm said:
lol, you say ther are the only ones who are stateing the truth?

: (

i think he was referring to us being the only ones who posted screenshots of ultima-registration.com

At the time, I bought a copy of UO that had been previously opened so it only cost me $9.99... unfortunately it came without the cloth map =[

I did get one when i purchased T2A tho!

MaSsAcRe420

Wanderer

pHreko said:
I played uo during beta days on a friends account and bought the game when it came out. I played abyss for awhile then went ot atlantic where I stayed till 01/02. Lost the multi shard dueling contest *2nd to OZ, raged irl, quit and then started here again about 2 months ago. For all the real old schoolers, do you remeber eq on brit bank, red vs blue vs green vs black on abyss? aka castle wars. jhelom npc resist bug, ask chopper. platemail mages. no meditation. Good times....and of course the bounty system. What a fun game.

hell yeah abyss was the shit, that shit was the best CTF shit iever played. purple ftw. bounty system was awesome, no dex loss on any armor except plate. mm that shit was great. too bad theres no shard like abyss cause id play that ;/

Jiker

Wanderer

I rember reading an article about UO in pc gamers or something and I was like ZOMG I gotta get this game. This was like maybe a month or so after t2a came out. I rember when the startup movie show mondain and the avatar smashing the crystal thing and creating the "Shards". And the wodden chess opening and how you didn't have to select certain skills to start but there was a scroll thingy and you could select like archer or swordsmen something like that. I logged in and attacked a boar and died! I rember when each char could own a house and i would have like 10 small houses cause i had two accounts and sold them on ebay. I quit for like a yr or so then played on drachenfels. When renisance first opended up i rember selling moonstones to people for like 300 gold each. everyone was desperate to get to trammel. I played that for a while but quit a little while before aos came out cause I joined the navy. I got the cloth map as well.

p.s. I would show a picture of my account thing but I sold my accts so unfortunately I don't know the new owners passwords

Ren.

I played my brothers account at first. Then AOL was giving out free ren disks and I got my first account.

THe only problem? I don't remember those account names.

The most fun I had in UO sadly was back in the Sphere days. It was the only time I got to play with my brother at the same time.

space pirate

Wanderer

i started when t2a was out.. maybe 2 years before uor.. i remember stealth came in a month or 2 after i started.. about 8 years of uo lol.. w/ breaks

pacific ftw

Jiker said:
. I rember when the startup movie show mondain and the avatar smashing the crystal thing and creating the "Shards". And the wodden chess opening and how you didn't have to select certain skills to start but there was a scroll thingy and you could select like archer or swordsmen something like that.

i remember all that 2 hehe..

Nephtyes

Sorceror

I started a little bit after t2a started, I remember busting my ass just to get a modem that would run the game on my computer then wandered around catskills aimlessly for the first few months with one character trying to gain all my skills to 100 then I learned about the skill cap and started all over in Pacific I quit shortly after trammel came around, It just was not the same after that then I came across UO gamers and have been playing ever since.