UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

When did you start Ultima Online?

When did you start Ultima Online

• I started when Charter Edition was released!

Votes: 285 30.6%
  • T2A was my first!

Votes: 263 28.3%
  • I came in for the Renaissance.

Votes: 204 21.9%
  • I signed up with Age of Shadows.

Votes: 37 4.0%
  • I never even played an EA server.

Votes: 141 15.2%

• Total voters

Elf

Sorceror
Re: When did you start Ultima Online?

I bought it the first week it came out after having a friend sell me on the game. He said it was like an aol chatroom but instead of punting people, you could actually kill them. To this day, I still talk to the first three people I ever met in the game.

age of shadows... my friend got a copy from another guy and strangely it didnt go to the regular servers but was already set for uogamers... thats how it became my 1st server and i never played osi :/

started in 2001, played brazilian freeshards and never tried OSI lol
this is the first international shard I play

I remember playing wayyy back in the day... a friend of mine showed me the game. We'd just run around on our "fighter", hit rabbits and stuff (RUN! ITS A HEADLESS ONE!)... and, once our life would get low, we'd just either wait for it to go back up or log off. For some reason, we didnt know how to heal.

Then... T2A came out... the people riding invisible animals... the caves that wouldn't work. I made a char, got lost in T2A, and had to delete him. Died to an eagle.

Funny shit.

Lynyrd

Knight

people who have never played osi.... that is the most awesome thing ever

Gedron

Wanderer

My brother actually got me into it. He beta tested it and I thought it was the coolest game ever and I always loved the Ultima series so I got it like three days after it came out. I had the old school black uo box until like a year ago when i lost it in a move... I was very depressed because I still wanted to find that cave with the dragon and all the gold and silver that was on the back of the box :) but I played hardcore on baja and moved to nappa then to pac in like 2000. I still have somewhere the strategy guide that came with it that had all the spelling errors of monsters names and got the dragon and daemon mixed up under their stats and pictures. Man those were the good ole days. By the way when was it trinsic was invaded by juo'nar and minax?

SplinterZZ

Wanderer

Start on Izumo because it had best lag for me(99)

Then Catskills had an event where lizardmen and ratman attacked britain. and lots of skeletons attacked trinsic (thats wehre I came in)

I got owned by the skeleton knights tbh

Cebrious Arcane

Forum Murderer

T2A ftw. Bought it the day it was released after playing on my friend's account for a few weeks.

chOP-hybrid

Sorceror

I think I stared around 98 or 99 on oceania shard. I know I had to quit once due to massive addiction, and threw away game. Only to buy it again a while later, then quit again in 2001, selling my account for $400. I think I still have one of those cloth maps, and a little silver medallion thing to hang round my neck (how gay - i didnt wear it)
I used to play the original ultima series from sierra/origin from the first release in the early 80s, along with the old ASCII roguelike games. Ahhh those were the days. Ok so I hit 30 this year, and discovered UO yet again, and that I can play for free, + donate, on a server that is suspended in time right where i left off - i love my life!

www.notableultima.com

btw Aldonis u have a pic of Harold from neightbours as ur avatar - didnt he die like 15 years ago with his wife madge? Or has someone just rezzed him? (Im aussie btw and dont watch neighbours)

:eek:

Aldonis

Wanderer

chOP-hybrid said:
btw Aldonis u have a pic of Harold from neightbours as ur avatar - didnt he die like 15 years ago with his wife madge? Or has someone just rezzed him? (Im aussie btw and dont watch neighbours)

:eek:

he and his wife went missing but they came back and madge died like eight years ago or something

i dont really watch it either

Sam-hybrid

Knight

Rambone said:
I started on chessy in late 1997 (Crimson Brigade 4lyfe), and played until 2000. Took a year or so break, and moved to catskills in 2001. Played until early/mid 2003, then moved here.

i started playing chessy not long after you lol..

Rambone said:
I still have my cloth map and pewter UO pin <3

:ditto: I own 4 aos cds lol even some of the newer uo expantions.
I had the most fun sitting in 4th lvl hyloth and bladespiriting all day long or the time i threw a explosion pot and turned ro Dark Lord ha! good days

Sam-hybrid

Knight

wow, i didnt realise that Ultima 1: The Origional was for the Atari !!

haha and they brought out a title for the PS, Ultima Underworld for japs.

cursis

Wanderer

I started in november 2000, was a trammy for the most part because i had no idea about fel.... friend gated me to fel, became a murderer, joined factions cause i was a complete newb for reprieve, and then started pvping guild style, finally moved to fel completely, and then ended up have both my main chars red, quit on march 25, 2003 when shadowbane came out.

I never played shadowbane cause my comp was crap.... I think after that i started playing IPY, then after that i played GW, then i started playing UOG, then quit for a while to play WoW(stupid) and then back to UOG.

KarmannSport

Sorceror

I started in june of 98. Bought a new computer in Oct of 98 cause my old one (p133mhz) wasnt fast enough to run UO. I couldnt outrun monsters. I remember walking through the woods with allnames spammed and if I saw "an ettin" I would run the other way. Usually it would frame skip and id die bfore I knew it. Got my new computer and was as fas as anyone on dialup (if you pinged at less that 200 you were a GOD). Got cable in 2000 and was the fastest once again. Have the beta test CD still for third dawn. Quit a few months after trammel came out. I remember when T2A went public. Couldnt recall into or in it. Had to walk everywhere. It was an orc fort and a grwveyard then outside of delucia. I played on pac and my brother played on chessy (KoC for those that remember). Came here a few months ago after deciding that reactivating my old UO accounts was a total waste of time and money.