UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Change in the rules. (unattended scroll crafting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Account Terminated
A Change in the rules. (unattended scroll crafting)

Ok, so we are all aware of the problem with scrollers. We are also aware that code wont be implemented overnight, no matter how simple the approach.

So, based on complaints and concerns from both players and staff, and the problems and complications caused by the scrolling, psz has approved a change to the rules.

Short and sweet: CRAFTING scrolls unattended is just like unattended resource gathering or unattended taming. Its a 3 strike bannable offense now.

Before anyone rages, theres a few things to consider.

First off, I know some are going to throw out the comparison to BODs: DONT. Filling BODs is nowhere near the insane profit margin, they WORK they way they are supposed to, and its not creating problems like the scrolls are.

Secondly, we all know that soon you wont even be ABLE to sell those scrolls to NPCs for profit at all, so consider this a transition period. You will not be allowed to mass produce them while you are in school or at work, or sleeping - but what you DO already have can be consumed and sold at profit levels before the new vendor pricing system leaves you stuck with a million blank scrolls, 200k crafted scrolls and a ton of regs you wont use.

As well, some of the town shops have become a nuisance to check for AFKers in. It takes sometimes an HOUR to simply figure out if someone who is afk is just crafting the scrolls, or actually crafting and buy/sell AFK, or what. This puts an end to that problem too: its illegal to craft them unattended now. We have had a LOT of complaints and pages, where simply because of the volume and time it takes to check each out we can do nothing about and its not fair on the other players who need those regs otherwise.

Finally, this is primarily a player-concern, the amount of gold flooding into the market from this is ridiculous, and we agree. UO was never meant to be a game that you sit in a house or a shop getting rich AFK, and on Demise it has reached intolerable levels.

I hope you guys can understand, and please, if youre doing it, DO IT ATTENDED. If you dont want to do it attended, you have plenty of time to unload your commodities before the REAL change goes in, which will cost you otherwise.

Also note, we intend to begin enforcing this rule soon!

Macil

Sorceror
Re: A Change in the rules.

Sighs. There goes my sweatshop. Now I'm actually going to have to PLAY the game. Shucks. :p

Esqarrouth

Wanderer

2 things,

1. hope you guys dont start jailing people right away, give this rule a few days to spread out maybe leave warnings or move chars from their place so you get their attention
people that already left the macro and gone to work or school or sleep
and i know one guy who even went to a 5 day vacation :)

2. what about the people who got huge stocks of reg scrolls waiting to be crafted into scrolls? like me? i got a stock that is supposed to last for 2 weeks?

Xavier

Account Terminated

Esqarrouth;692843 said:
2 things,

1. hope you guys dont start jailing people right away, give this rule a few days to spread out maybe leave warnings or move chars from their place so you get their attention

2. what about the people who got huge stocks of reg scrolls waiting to be crafted into scrolls? like me? i got a stock that is supposed to last for 2 weeks?

This need not be a concern. No one will be unjustly punished. As for the load of resource: as I already stated, if the new pricing system were to go in this weekend, youd be completely screwed, you wont even get your money back. Consider this a transition period where you can wind down and unload.

deathviper

Sorceror

1) Also note, we intend to begin enforcing this rule soon!

2) Secondly, we all know that soon you wont even be ABLE to sell those scrolls to NPCs for profit at all (I did not know this, you can't assume everyone knows)

Could we please get a date on these things? And have it posted on the forums (like the no housing on avatar island)

Also, thanks for your work.

Macil

Sorceror

Its not illegal to sit there macroing spells. It never will be. They just said that if you're unattended you can get in trouble thats all. And soon, when the patch comes out, it wont be profitable to do it at all.

Thats all. Just bust your butt and finish using the resources you've got now. And cash in for one last huge paycheck.

I respect the decisions of staff and the integrity of the UO economy. But I do honestly think this is crap. Not more than 2 or 3 weeks ago I asked a GM for help on something, and he actually gave me advise on how to improve my macro on making more profitable amounts of scrolls. lol. Now they're yankin' my favorite way to passively make money. ^_^

Esqarrouth;692843 said:
2 things,

Get Neg Karma... Then have 4 shadow wisp with 4 account... It might be less then 2 weeks :p.... They stack... Try having 12 shadow wisp if possible lol... That way u have infinity mana.... Oh yea.. 4 scribe with shadow wisp?? There even better lol...

Xavier

Account Terminated

deathviper;692846 said:
Could we please get a date on these things? And have it posted on the forums (like the no housing on avatar island

Also, thanks for your work.

The rule is in effect NOW. How we handle it will will be fair, we have thought this out.

You clearly know now that its illegal - so dont :D

Macil;692848 said:
Its not illegal to sit there macroing spells. It never will be. They just said that if you're unattended you can get in trouble thats all. And soon, when the patch comes out, it wont be profitable to do it at all.

Thats all. Just bust your butt and finish using the resources you've got now. And cash in for one last huge paycheck.

I respect the decisions of staff and the integrity of the UO economy. But I do honestly think this is crap. Not more than 2 or 3 weeks ago I asked a GM for help on something, and he actually gave me advise on how to improve my macro on making more profitable amounts of scrolls. lol. Now they're yankin' my favorite way to passively make money. ^_^

Likewise lol. Did they remove the Vampiric Embrace trick on OSI? I haven't played OSI for many moons.

dsavant

Sorceror

this is how i make the money i have, without it i only have a few hundred k....that being said i'm glad it's going to start getting people in trouble, it's the most BS thing ever lol

zapper042;692855 said:
5,000,000 GOLD?

yes

Just to have it make more logical sense, can you just say that "unattended scroll making is a 3-strike bannable offense"? I mean, since technically, making scrolls is not resource gathering, unless people have their bots buy stuff from vendors while AFK, so it shouldn't be lumped in with AFK resource gathering.

Just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.