UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Change in the rules. (unattended scroll crafting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macil

Sorceror
Re: A Change in the rules.

zapper042;692884 said:
yea I've done my homework... and found out it not worth the effort... But u guys said vampire embrance... I guess I missed that lol.

How much more profit do u make from them? I know E bolt is like 20 gold profit or 30 gold...

Vampiric Embrace cost 19 gold in trammel to produce and sell for 101 gold. Leaving you a nice profit margin.

Tewale

Sorceror

Vampiric embrace was about 82-86 gp profit per scroll depending on where you buy your mats.

I have about 30k worth of mats to work through. (attended now) :)
But I'd rather have sore eyes and a sore butt from sitting watching my scribe work than to lose that much.
I much prefer this to the way they said it could have been. Wake up on a sunday morning and poof all your mats are worthless.

koka

Knight

the clues are always there, and some forum-er even give the hint out by buying the resources in forum.
int+8 jewels, mr , int, mi items.
scribers camping in various mage shop.
if u are curious enough, u would check wad scrolls are they selling, and y did they do that.
No one told me, i discovered my own. bought a scroll, resell it ,check the cost price, mana used etc. btw secrets are not meant to be shared.

Xavier

Account Terminated

mrsweetness4you;692887 said:
Ok so what is point of having such rare items in this game that go for 100mil gold pieces on the forums???? Ok people who do this(scroll making), do it to be able to buy that fun stuff that they cant get!

Many, many people have earned fortunes killing monsters. Try doom. Try BODs. There are a lot of systems in place that CAN give very high returns for your efforts with CORRECT operation. Sure, theres nothing as easy as going to bed and waking up with 10 million in scrolls to sell, but tell me: how is THAT fun?

Its a game! Its supposed to be PLAYED and had FUN with, not wake up each day with 10 million waiting.

I see you are fairly new to demise, so I definitely see why you want to catch up with others here, but patience, grasshopper! Good things will come if you work for it.

And welcome to to Demise!

Esqarrouth

Wanderer

how about this?
until this weekend, change the price of regs and scrolls that are sold at the vendors x10
so nobody would go and buy new stuff
people would only try to get rid of their stocks
i think this is a win=win

hugoboss

Sorceror

Seer Xavier;692893 said:
Its a game! Its supposed to be PLAYED and had FUN with

And welcome to to Demise!

Thank you to the admin and people who are involved in running / maintaining Demise for the community - opinions may differ, but i for one, appreciate that staff do listen to the players and are close to the people! :)

Scrolling for gold isn't the only way to have fun.. i've run across this cray-zee yay-hoo a few times on Demise.. you might have seen him.. naked bloke, vomit green hat.. exploding archers wherever he goes.. cheesy videos on forums.. hmmm... what's his name again? something like p0rn i think? :confused:

*ahem* now that the GMs are busy policing the afk scrollers, i think it's safe to run that afk mining macro and afk taming macro.... ;)

hehe j/k!! :cool:

Blessed Legend

Sorceror

Alright... here is my take. We have rich players on demise who got rich back in the day with bod running and scripting everything. I now hear these same people complaining to the GM's that scrollings is lame cause we are now getting the items and money they have??? Guess they get to call the shots...

webcorp

Sorceror

Excuse staff but bad idea I think ( or this is causing some problem at link/hardware/system ? )

If not sounds much more: "Oh my God they are being almost so rich like me".

I know some people who have only tailors on accs but I dont know anyone that has only scribers.

This rule discriminates skills/workers and specially moves away new players to start ( in my modest opinion what more the UO needs - not only in Demise - are new players. Yes, newbies ! )

I fully agree to new system of "market rules" ( up/down for all npc's/items/skills )

hugoboss

Sorceror

i would join, but the rally time clashes with my International Union of Alchemist and Potion Brewers Deprived of Regs and Livelihood.. hmmm.. decisions.. decisions..

Tewale

Sorceror

webcorp, if you fully agree to the new system of market rules, then how would you propose to move from what we have now to the new system?

It seems like the rule change is a interim measure to let people get rid of the existing mats before the actual change goes in that would render those mats worthless.
You can still scribe attended to burn up what mats you have, but the rule change will discourage further buying of mats.

*sigh* I can't believe I miss that... btw... Im glad it being done. Now we can get some real economic.

Maby people will gather more resource just as an ingot, leather, golden skulls, and maby more runic too just so they can afford there prevoiusly income.

More people will be in a doungon... More competition... Woot! lol

hugoboss

Sorceror

indeed... otherwise Demise will soon become a shard full of multi-millionaires with millions of scrolls and reg stocks... but there won't be any ornies to buy, no PSs or stat scrolls.. everyone is busy scribing away!

dsavant

Sorceror

hugoboss;692912 said:
indeed... otherwise Demise will soon become a shard full of multi-millionaires with millions of scrolls and reg stocks... but there won't be any ornies to buy, no PSs or stat scrolls.. everyone is busy scribing away!

i've fallen victim to this, so i can see why staff has done it....

why should i bother going to gaunt and busting my ass to get arty's when i can just macro scribing for 2 days and just buy w/e i want

Status
Not open for further replies.