UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Change in the rules. (unattended scroll crafting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsavant

Sorceror
Re: A Change in the rules.

zapper042;692958 said:
Right that what I mean... Well wait till it reach it peak... and sell 1000 iron at a time 100k, 99k, 98k, 97k lol...

it'll peak at around 30 and go down lol idk where you're getting such high numbers

Xavier

Account Terminated

zapper042;692959 said:
Anyway when will this new fix coming? So I can stock up ingot just incase.

In the near future. Theres still a small amount of research to do, and of course the code will have to take a ride on our testing system.

Seer Xavier;692961 said:
In the near future. Theres still a small amount of research to do, and of course the code will have to take a ride on our testing system.

Yea I ask cause I have 120k Iron ready to sell on vendor for 8 gold... I'm debating if I should leave it alone or take it out...

I'm just trying not to regret anything...

Khephren

Knight

You should all do like me and swallow... :) (hmmm that didn't sound good...LOL )

We don't have the choice if we want to play here don't we?

dsavant;692960 said:
it'll peak at around 30 and go down lol idk where you're getting such high numbers

One week reset...

1 gp an hour

24 gp a day

168 gp a week

Peak at 173 if nobody sell..

Obvolisly people will sell there ingot for profit before it get that high lol

Oh wait!!!!! I got mix up! If u buy it gose down.... Right? Not sell....????

Wow I'm like very confuse lol... I think I got it right...

Athena

Account Terminated

You will not be able to make a huge amount of gold from a vendor that way. Basically say the vendor sells ingots for a base price of 8gp and buys for 7gp, someone comes along and buys 10,000 ingots and drives the base selling price of the vendor up to 18gp per ingot, you will still only be able to sell to that vendor for no more than 8gp per ingot, even if it's selling price has been driven up. The price that the vendor will buy at will also start going down by 1gp per 1000 as soon as the 10,000 ingots are sold back to it.

Carnak;692921 said:
lol o shit. well we knew this was comin. me n my guildies have been talkin for 2 months about when they are gonna fix this. i always make a crapload of reveals myself and then sell em at a huge profit, i regularly had 7 mil waiting for me when i logged on the next day, iv stopped recently cause getting the resources is annoying, and lately theres been massive competition for blood moss and sulphur ash. i bet osi still allows u to sell scrolls at good profits, but this being an old game n all and everyone knowing the tricks, and with razor helping massively, they were bound to axe the scrollers eventually. o well at least people will be back in the dungeons again. and im sure everyone that has 100 mil plus will have no reason to complain, we are gonna have the run of the markets for like a year lol, now that gold is gonna be hard again. but itll even out in a few weeks or months n prices will be normal again. its almost kind of a relief cause sometimes when i was bidding on an item it was all about who could have the most scribes runnin afk in order to get the item

Ok so heres just one example. Carnak and his guildies have been taking for 2 months about this 2 months = 60 days x 5mill per day (Carnak said 7 actually) = 300mil

300mill!!?? And that's just one example. They were probably doing this for much longer than 2 months so maybe each of them has 400 or 500 mill.

There are probably many others out there with well in excess of 1bill gold I imagine.

So, how did this impact the Demise economy? I don't know but the price of stuff has dropped dramatically since the days of 60mill ornies, 40 mill Totems, 35mill HoMs, and 8 mill BRSKs. This makes no sense. There should have been inflation with all this flood of cash.

I mean, if its a bug, then fix it, but don't talk about how this is going to help the economy. And definitely don't bother giving a heads up. These people with all of these regs and scrolls have profited more than enough to handle the minor losses from getting stuck with some regs and scrolls.

I'd be more concerned with the added barrier to entry for new players. With all these billionaires around, how's a new guy to compete?

Phelon

Knight

In before the whiners/supporters/mods/devils advocates/tards/noah/neo/logistic experts/shuggy bear/tards ( that one deserved 2 ).

Wait.. nm.

Supercreep

Sorceror

weinster666;692976 said:
I'd be more concerned with the added barrier to entry for new players. With all these billionaires around, how's a new guy to compete?

He cant.

But on the plus side, donations will go up. If you cant macro gold, just buy it.

weinster666;692976 said:
Ok so heres just one example. Carnak and his guildies have been taking for 2 months about this 2 months = 60 days x 5mill per day (Carnak said 7 actually) = 300mil

300mill!!?? And that's just one example. They were probably doing this for much longer than 2 months so maybe each of them has 400 or 500 mill.

There are probably many others out there with well in excess of 1bill gold I imagine.

So, how did this impact the Demise economy? I don't know but the price of stuff has dropped dramatically since the days of 60mill ornies, 40 mill Totems, 35mill HoMs, and 8 mill BRSKs. This makes no sense. There should have been inflation with all this flood of cash.

I mean, if its a bug, then fix it, but don't talk about how this is going to help the economy. And definitely don't bother giving a heads up. These people with all of these regs and scrolls have profited more than enough to handle the minor losses from getting stuck with some regs and scrolls.

You are confused, Weinster.

Prices fell steadily since the last gold exploit (it really was an exploit - heavy banstick use as I recall) until November. The new NPC scroll prices were implemented in November. Since then, surprise surprise, prices have begun to rise again. Slowly until recently and skyrocketing in the last few weeks as a lot of nouveau riche scribes began to flex their economic muscles to buy high-end gear to perfect their suits.

I don't believe there will be any new billionaires out there because luckily, the total daily gold influx has always been limited by the available resources (scrolls and regs).

The problem for new players has never been competing with rich vets. The problem for new players is high prices caused by inflation and a devaluing of gold. ("Problem" in inverted commas, since everyone seems to get over it one way or another...)

FE

Khephren

Knight

Ive seen worst fuck ups that people taugh economy wouldve been fucked... just check the tot dropped that lasted over 2 months... everyone tought it would be the end of the world and it wasn't...

its no biggie... they made 300KK.... good for them, they'll only end up quitting before other poeple because the game will be more boring... LOL

Bile

Knight

You can make the same amount of gold from Tailoring and Blacksmithy ...... luckily none of that is illegal

cuattamu

Knight

Let me entertain some of you with numbers so you have something to go by. I found out about new scrolls prices last week and started macroing, let's say 7 days ago. Since then, this is my balance...

Gold owe to "middle man friend" for gathering scrolling supplies
240000 blank scrolls x5gp = 1.2m
60405 batwing x3gp = 181215
90631 nox crystal x6gp = 543786
62549 pig iron x5gp = 312745
44874 blood moss x5gp = 224370
29966 sulf ash x3gp = 89898
-2,552,014gp

My personal stash of scrolling supplies
302055 blank scrolls x5gp = 1510275
246350 pig iron x5gp = 1231750
244293 nox crystal x6gp = 1465758
246063 batwing x3gp = 738189
59940 sul ash x3gp = 179820
59940 blood moss x5gp = 299700
59940 bp x 5gp = 299700
59940 shade x 3 = 179820
-5,904,472gp

Net profit after 7 days of macroing Vampiric Embrace
roughly +70,000,000 gp

Sum total in resources I'm left with. -8,456,486gp
(can be sold back to vendors for minimal lost, I'm guessing ~33% at most)

That's correct folks. My lost is less than what I can make in 1 day of macroing. People that are complaining because they have only been able to do this for 2 months make me laugh.

Great job staff. Thanks to psz, Xavier, Athena and anyone else I haven't talked to about this already.

"Closes this chapter of Demise history*

Will we have any problems with AFK Scribing if we are making spellbooks? I tend to make a batch once a week or so and I go AFK for 30 mins and let it run. I just wanted to confirm this will only affect people that are making scrolls and not spellbooks?

Thanks!

Athena

Account Terminated

BTuesday22;692999 said:
Will we have any problems with AFK Scribing if we are making spellbooks? I tend to make a batch once a week or so and I go AFK for 30 mins and let it run. I just wanted to confirm this will only affect people that are making scrolls and not spellbooks?

Thanks!

This rule will only apply to scrolls.

Phelon

Knight

cuattamu;692996 said:
Let me entertain some of you with numbers so you have something to go by. I found out about new scrolls prices last week and started macroing, let's say 7 days ago. Since then, this is my balance...

Gold owe to "middle man friend" for gathering scrolling supplies
240000 blank scrolls x5gp = 1.2m
60405 batwing x3gp = 181215
90631 nox crystal x6gp = 543786
62549 pig iron x5gp = 312745
44874 blood moss x5gp = 224370
29966 sulf ash x3gp = 89898
-2,552,014gp

My personal stash of scrolling supplies
302055 blank scrolls x5gp = 1510275
246350 pig iron x5gp = 1231750
244293 nox crystal x6gp = 1465758
246063 batwing x3gp = 738189
59940 sul ash x3gp = 179820
59940 blood moss x5gp = 299700
59940 bp x 5gp = 299700
59940 shade x 3 = 179820
-5,904,472gp

Net profit after 7 days of macroing Vampiric Embrace
roughly +70,000,000 gp

Sum total in resources I'm left with. -8,456,486gp
(can be sold back to vendors for minimal lost, I'm guessing ~33% at most)

That's correct folks. My lost is less than what I can make in 1 day of macroing. People that are complaining because they have only been able to do this for 2 months make me laugh.

Great job staff. Thanks to psz, Xavier, Athena and anyone else I haven't talked to about this already.

That's fucking crazy :( I'm going on strike.... again.

GodZila

Sorceror

dsavant;692914 said:
i've fallen victim to this, so i can see why staff has done it....

why should i bother going to gaunt and busting my ass to get arty's when i can just macro scribing for 2 days and just buy w/e i want
yeah i just got 2 artys in 1hour (gota b bad ass lucky) and u scribers made more then me today :( you can bet reset bods will go up

and btw if you get stuck with millions of regs.......

you deserve it ;)

The Vampiric Embrace trick was around years ago, then they implemented the deal to drop the sell back value by number sold to the vendor and the 1 week reset..... so people just banked them and sold them at reset on my old shard.

Status
Not open for further replies.