UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Change in the rules. (unattended scroll crafting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChild

Knight
Re: A Change in the rules.

i hope you like having a selection limited to

black pearl, nightshade, sulphurous ash, bloodmoss, batwing, nox crystal, pig iron

=D

crackhead

Knight

Seer Xavier;692933 said:
OSIs vendor system drops the buying price by 1gp every 1k that gets sold, and it STAYS that way for at least a week.

If you are selling an item to a NPC that he gives you 20 gold for, youll get 20 for the first 1k, 19 for the next 1k, etc.. all the way down to 1gp. And, it takes at least a week to reset the value.

So no, on OSI crafting to sell to NPCs for profit is not pheasible.

if i remember right it doesnt reset, just goes up and down as people buy and sell stuff

mosiah

Wanderer

This is such crap. Show me how this has ruined the economy?
weinster666;692976 said:
So, how did this impact the Demise economy? I don't know but the price of stuff has dropped dramatically since the days of 60mill ornies, 40 mill Totems, 35mill HoMs, and 8 mill BRSKs. This makes no sense. There should have been inflation with all this flood of cash.
How does that ruin the economy?

You want to fix the system for price changes, fine do it, but to come out and say AFK scribing is now illegal is just crap. You want to make the argument that "you're better off this way you can still burn your stock" That's irrelevant. Plenty of people read the bug thread and wouldn't be caught surprised like this.

http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120241
Over 1,100 views on the official thread.

http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137523
Over 700 views on this thread, which is more then double of almost anything else in that category. So i don't think the argument "you're better off this way you can still burn your stock" is valid.

Doing scrolls has always been away to make gold on here. Even before the house bug which so many people got rich from. You could make a house customize it and get the cash back from demolishing it.

I fully hope that you make all other AFK crafting illegal too, Its only fair. Filling bods & filling Alchy kegs,certainly should not be allowed to be done AFK.

The reason for this change is not to prevent a bug, it's because to many of the old players cried. PSZ didn't have a problem with it until all the old vets started whining and complain.
http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showpost.php?p=689354&postcount=12
PSZ;692976 said:
Sorry, I'm not going to temp-break something just to suit some people's bank accounts :-P

http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showpost.php?p=689392&postcount=19
PSZ;692976 said:
YES the system is broken. But SINCE NOBODY WANTS TO WORK ON IT, we've got this. Consider it incentive to fix the other problems.
Next time, I won't bother fixing anything. Apparently people don't want fixes :-P

Blessed Legend;692900 said:
Alright... here is my take. We have rich players on demise who got rich back in the day with bod running and scripting everything. I now hear these same people complaining to the GM's that scrollings is lame cause we are now getting the items and money they have??? Guess they get to call the shots...
I fully believe this to be the case. If you want to fix the buy/sell system, FIX IT don't bother making more work. Now you have to run around and check everyone that is running a scribe to make sure they are not afk.

Sounds like the hard way to appease the old players.

crackhead

Knight

Bile;692992 said:
You can make the same amount of gold from Tailoring and Blacksmithy ...... luckily none of that is illegal

dont worry that will be a waste of time to soon

GodZila

Sorceror

mosiah;693037 said:
This is such crap.

I fully hope that you make all other AFK crafting illegal too, Its only fair. Filling bods & filling Alchy kegs,certainly should not be allowed to be done AFK.

i agree but demise would drop from 500 online to 200? :rolleyes:

Ninjia

Knight

:<
I cannot understand why they are so rich....before I saw this thread.......
all items prices are up these days..
:<

silvertiger

Knight

psz;693002 said:
[global remove where gold

DO IT! Also as a side note I think you should wipe the whole game. Restart everyone.:D

Also I think xavier's cop out of scribing is not like boding is bs. It's the same thing with less profit. What does the economy matter to staff anyways?

Anywho now that I got that over with I have a question: Since it is illegal to do it afk, can people run more than one scribe at keyboard? I know you have a no more than 1 person in ilshenar rule, is this going to be like that?:D

Xavier

Account Terminated

silvertiger;693046 said:
Also I think xavier's cop out of scribing is not like boding is bs. It's the same thing with less profit. What does the economy matter to staff anyways

Cop out? BS? Really - its a broken system and people are heavily exploiting it. When they did that with the housing system MASS bans went out.

The BOD system is NOT a broken system, and does NOT put 10+ million a night into each players banks.

The economy doesnt matter to this staffer one bit. You guys could screw it up to the point you are paying 100million for a +10 stealth scroll for all I care.

What we DO care about is the problems its creating, HUGE amount of pages, being unable to enforce AFK gathering rules because it takes us an hour to tell the difference between someone only making scrolls AFK and someone making/buying/selling AFK ... WITH half the shard doing it.... constant and continual complaints...

When the afk taming became a problem - it got banned, and it wasnt 1/4 the problem this is.

silvertiger

Knight

Seer Xavier;693048 said:
Cop out? BS? Really - its a broken system and people are heavily exploiting it. When they did that with the housing system MASS bans went out.

The BOD system is NOT a broken system, and does NOT put 10+ million a night into each players banks.

The economy doesnt matter to this staffer one bit. You guys could screw it up to the point you are paying 100million for a +10 stealth scroll for all I care.

What we DO care about is the problems its creating, HUGE amount of pages, being unable to enforce AFK gathering rules because it takes us an hour to tell the difference between someone only making scrolls AFK and someone making/buying/selling AFK ... WITH half the shard doing it.... constant and continual complaints...

When the afk taming became a problem - it got banned, and it wasnt 1/4 the problem this is.

Quit raging.:D The system is broken, not the making of such. The system is the vendors. You should hit the vendors and make them sell for 1 gp already w/o code.:D

Can you answer the other question please.:D

mrclinton

Sorceror

weinster666;692976 said:
Ok so heres just one example. Carnak and his guildies have been taking for 2 months about this 2 months = 60 days x 5mill per day (Carnak said 7 actually) = 300mil

300mill!!?? And that's just one example. They were probably doing this for much longer than 2 months so maybe each of them has 400 or 500 mill.

There are probably many others out there with well in excess of 1bill gold I imagine.

So, how did this impact the Demise economy? I don't know but the price of stuff has dropped dramatically since the days of 60mill ornies, 40 mill Totems, 35mill HoMs, and 8 mill BRSKs. This makes no sense. There should have been inflation with all this flood of cash.

I mean, if its a bug, then fix it, but don't talk about how this is going to help the economy. And definitely don't bother giving a heads up. These people with all of these regs and scrolls have profited more than enough to handle the minor losses from getting stuck with some regs and scrolls.

I'd be more concerned with the added barrier to entry for new players. With all these billionaires around, how's a new guy to compete?

I just started 3 weeks ago. I luckily met someone nice enough to explain to me that making scrolls is very profitable. So, I made 2 scribes and went on my way. I didn't nearly make as much as some of the numbers people here are quoting. Realistically I made about 2.5 mil in the 3 weeks.Which is incredible! I also didn't have some elaborate script running all this. But it gave me a reason to continue to play. I see everyone who has been on this shard for months and years and there's no way that I would be able to compete in any form without this nice starter fund. I am extremely disappointed that this is going away because I'm still no where close to buying anything of real value that I truly wanted. I bought supplies, LRC suit, powerscrolls, a house etc. I didn't really have any fun with the money. I really hope this takes a few days to implement because what money I had left over after purchasing the above, I bought scrolls and regs. This would be very disappointing.

cuattamu

Knight

silvertiger;693052 said:
Quit raging.:D The system is broken, not the making of such. The system is the vendors. You should hit the vendors and make them sell for 1 gp already w/o code.:D

Can you answer the other question please.:D

go back and read page 7

silvertiger

Knight

Seer Xavier;693048 said:

I don't see you punishing gz exploiters. All the bs about you having to see them do it is bs. If someone takes a screeny or rpv of it where you can clearly see they are exploiting it should be punished, but you can't act on screenies or rpv's now can you? They will find a way to exploit the new system too. No worries I don't really care about it. I haven't done any scrolling for a while. Too lazy.:p

I still lulz you though. You are #2 on my list of fav staff even if you did ban me and call me a smart butt. At least that got something done. I do see your point about encouraging people to script, but remember this could make them upset and not script for anything. You probably don't care about that though. It's terrible that some of the staff gets as ragey as some of the players, including me in certain instances. REMEMBER STAFF I LULZ(with a huggz in there)YOU! That probably doesn't matter to you may even make you feel icky, but you have my support if you quit making lame excuses. Set the rule down make no explaination for it and don't respond to the post.:D

Maybe staff should go through, determine who has been doing all of this scroll selling, and then give all who haven't been doing it 500 mill each :D

silvertiger

Knight

cuattamu;693056 said:
go back and read page 7

thanks mate didn't take the time to read the whole thing due to people like me with large paragraphs of bs.:D(Yes I admit most of my posts are plumb junk):D

Feersum Endjinn;692335 said:
2 months is long enough pull together all sorts of riches.

I just have a thing for second place. You know - just in case... ;)

110 [mil]

FE

This

Quoted from an Inquis auction....Economy here is fucked.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Seer Xavier;693048 said:
it takes us an hour to tell the difference between someone only making scrolls AFK and someone making/buying/selling AFK ... WITH half the shard doing it.... constant and continual complaints...
afk anything should be banned, except skill/stat macroing.

Status
Not open for further replies.